Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Links us to Lalor, Langford and (particularly) Smith and of course Draper
I'm really warming to Jagga Smith as my preference. As well as Draper. Feel like they have the Spark we need in our midfield mix.

I love Lalor's power. But I'm probably a touch more inclined to keep building a midfield with faster feet and line breakers run.

The combo of Rankine, Peatling, and Jagga/Draper would give us something we've lacked in our midfield since, I don't know when.

Pace!!!

1) Yes, but might not be until draft night.

2) #6. Rawlings has mentioned a few times we will only slide "3-4 spots"

3) Tauru
Given that there is a touted top 4, any chance you could see North drop to 4 with Adelaide and pick up say a F2 (we would have to generate one) if North are happy to take any of FOS, Lalor or Smith assuming the crows wanted Draper? It would be like getting a free F2 and still getting one of the 4 top players in the draft

Just a musing

I'm really warming to Jagga Smith as my preference. As well as Draper. Feel like they have the Spark we need in our midfield mix.

I love Lalor's power. But I'm probably a touch more inclined to keep building a midfield with faster feet and line breakers run.

The combo of Rankine, Peatling, and Jagga/Draper would give us something we've lacked in our midfield since, I don't know when.

Pace!!!
Even if it’s not pure straight-line pace, I just want our midfield to become more athletic. Peatling will help, but any of Lalor/FOS/Jagga/Draper is the icing on the off-season cake. All athletic in different ways

Given that there is a touted top 4, any chance you could see North drop to 4 with Adelaide and pick up say a F2 (we would have to generate one) if North are happy to take any of FOS, Lalor or Smith assuming the crows wanted Draper? It would be like getting a free F2 and still getting one of the 4 top players in the draft

Just a musing

I think given what we did in trade week, we will want picks in this draft now.

What you are suggesting is probably exactly what we are planning to do with Richmond, it just depends what that kicker pick is.

Im perfectly happy to take FOS at #2 if it comes to it, as I've said all year, he's got that outside ability, the endurance etc to play multiple roles and even on the wing. At our point of the rebuild, these types suit us much more than genuine center square mids (see Duursma and McKercher also).

I personally think if we can't get FOS or Lalor who both provide that versatility, with any trade back, it can be later to increase the value of that return pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back