Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Trainor is the mcasey of this draft thats why hes slipped in the pecking order
Nope, he's slipped because he's had ongoing issues after his last concussion, not his first.

Lalor looks a real beast but just worry about some of his injuries (aware other top prospects have injuries too like Draper etc).

I'll be happy with any of:

Lalor
Smith
FOS
Draper
Langford

Surely we couldn't go wrong with one of those?!?

This pick has to be a 200+ gamer for the club. Please dont stuff it up Hamish.

Not just a 200 gamer. It needs to be a top 10-15 player in the comp

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just putting it out there...Just want to see the p155ed off look on the pear supporters faces should we get Draper in the draft. It will make the selection even more satisfying if it falls that way.

I think 12 months ago when they traded out their first they decided they weren't prioritising Draper.

Likewise with trading their F1 for Luko with Sharpe available next year.

You can always try to trade back in but it's difficult.

Doesn't seem likely though, that you would get FOS to retain Walsh, Walsh isn't going anywhere. They would have to be taking best available talent with a need.

FOS may fit best available, but the argument for Draper on the blues board is to settle in with the Campo boys, connect back to Moir, etc.

Personally I just can't believe they would not take the best available.

I'd be happy to run with Draper being a flight risk, having recently stated that playing for Adelaide would be a childhood dream come true, and that West Coast just moved out of the top 3 on the back of Draper being a flight risk - but all this is just 2+2=5 type stuff.

I'm just preparing myself to not get Draper, or to not get upset not getting Draper or Lalor. Smith would be a great fit for us, and if he was overlooked by Richmond and Carlton he may not be on the first flight home.
West Coast didn't move out of the top 3 because Draper is a flight risk, they just got wind that North are very keen on him.

West Coast didn't move out of the top 3 because Draper is a flight risk, they just got wind that North are very keen on him.
I thought they moved out of the top 3 because they messed Hawthorn around initially on the trade of Barrass

They could've kept pick 3 and still landed Baker if they'd traded with Hawthorn straight up

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back