Curious to see who people would take in these scenarios:

Smillie or Langford

Sims or J.Whitlock

Lindsay or Reid

O’Farrell or M.Whitlock

Armstrong or Shanahan

Smith or Draper

Kako or Berry

Can’t recall a draft as even as this one.
Would take Langford over Smillie, for me he has all the tools of a dominant center square mid who is also capable overhead. Would take Draper and a few others over Smith. The others are extremely hard to seperate.

From the 5 or 6 games I’ve watched, Lombard and Draper are by far the most exciting prospects to me.

Potentially unpopular opinion but I’m not overly enthused with Ashcroft. He’s a link in the chain and has tidy disposal but I haven’t seen him tear a game apart.

Smillie is the biggest what if because at that size he has potential to be a real weapon but it’s always hard to project those bigger guys as their size advantage doesn’t translate.

Hope FOS gets a clean run at it the next 2 months

Sphynx made the comparison to Hayden Young and I have to agree, great game and in the situation his best game of the carnival!
I see a lot of Will Day to him. Feel like Young is a more solid unit, very strong in the contest and less dash to his game than Travaglia or Day.

Surely Harry Armstrong is related to Chris Tarrant in some way because he's a bloody dead ringer for him

I'm sure FOS would have liked to play better than he has, but this was always going to be a big ask after such a long layoff. We'll see how the injured 3 (FOS, Lalor and Faull) progress over the rest of the season. I doubt the scouts will hold these performances against them too much.
Spot on noob, another thing you have to take into consideration is that it was a very high pressure game and you can tell with Josh, Finn, Levi, Sam and a couple others getting low numbers, its not always getting huge numbers, in games like this its what you do with them, they played okay.

Mate... he played 1 uninjured quarter all season in round 1 of the Talent League. Fractured his thumb towards the end of that quarter and played out the game with it. Came back for the second Academy game having missed 6 weeks and being underdone. Did his finger. Missed another 7 weeks. Came back into the Champs underdone.

You're welcome to form your own opinions based on whatever you like, but I'm going to wait and see how his form progresses as he regains match fitness.

First AFL player to be taken off for finger awareness?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't want to bring in the comparison because it's absolutely nothing to do with them being cousins or me being a Carlton nuffie... But Sam Walsh comes back from a major back surgery and came out averaging 30 a game at AFL level. Same with Ashcroft coming back an ACL and still looking fantastic. Even Harry Armstrong this year has been smashed by injury but still looks great out there.

If you're coming back from a thumb surgery and looking this ordinary I think serious questions have to be asked over whether you're really one of the top talents in this draft.

Maybe I'm way off and we likely won't find out til next year... But I just don't see it at all with FOS. Will be happy to be wrong if he comes out like a bat out of hell next year, he seems like a ripping kid from interviews so wish him the best.
Did Finn kick your dog or key your car?

I feel Jesse Dattoli has done his prospects no harm during the carnival. Has developed this year from a small forward into an effective midfielder who can get forward and kick goals (or points over the carnival as his kicking was off a little). Played wing today and had 4th most possessions

why? both Whitlocks were poor today. Not sure what game you were watching.
Tyler, Jack played or shall I say showed some of his potential in that last quarter but was held throughout the game, Matt the same though did do a couple of nice things, not in the conservation either of them for pick 3.

He might have been watching the same game that I was. I thought both Whitlocks were good today. Jack took some impressive contested marks, and Matt was disruptive down back.

Pick 3 is a bit much though.
I think their overall skill level is very poor. I'd say their absolute ceiling as a player is Matt Taberner but far worse skills.

I think both lack aggression and competitiveness too

Did Finn kick your dog or key your car?
Get use to this, the negativity in this game for Sam, Josh, Finn and even Levi and a couple of others will only intensify, high pressure game they all did their bit at crucial times, Finn is a gun and by November Walshy, you will change your mind, barring anymore injuries!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back