Draft Expert PMBangers 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Ben is going to be a 30's bid and Lucas will probably end up that classic 'clubs last Pick of the ND', which is more a comment on the draft depth than those two as individuals. I think Lucas will continue his path as a winger at the next level, Ben's a bit harder to place because I'd say his best bet is as a back flanker with his physical traits, but at the same time his kicking limits his value there.

Anywhere from mid teens to late 20s would be my guess
Fair assesment of the Campo’s. If either wasn’t tied to Carlton, do you think Ben in the 20s and Lucas in the 30s or doesn’t it matter?. I was thinking if they are not highly rated by recruiters, this may be because no one is talking to them, given the F/s status? I’m fascinated by what Carlton does there. Both played their first Senior games for Glenelg reserves on the weekend and held their own. Ben showed he’s pretty good around the stoppages again with 6 clearances. Both had around 20 disposals.

I've actually enjoyed this way more because I wasn't too fussed about getting a rankings out in March so could take more time to properly analyse rather than just go 'who cares where the improvements are look at how good he does this', so I haven't found anyone's really done that, at least for me, this season.

In saying that, Herbert, Walsh and Moraes are a couple I expected to develop more than they have, so they've dropped down in my rankings through the season.

It'll depend how clubs view his transition to AFL Level really and what role he may end up playing, which is where much if the variation in his rankings come from imo. Personally I don't view him as quick enough for a regular centre square midfielder, but think he's got the engine and smarts to settle on a wing long term, whereas others see him as a forward or believe he'll translate as a midfielder.

Long winded answer I know, I guess in short anywhere in the first round is just as likely as anywhere else in the first round

More to do with the depth of the class than Kohnson himself, I'd say he's pretty close for most people
Herbert returned from injury into champs, and got better at the end. His two games back at SANFL league level after champs were excellent. Only a handful of kids (Draper, Welsh, Hargraves) playing regular State league level.

Fair assesment of the Campo’s. If either wasn’t tied to Carlton, do you think Ben in the 20s and Lucas in the 30s or doesn’t it matter?. I was thinking if they are not highly rated by recruiters, this may be because no one is talking to them, given the F/s status? I’m fascinated by what Carlton does there. Both played their first Senior games for Glenelg reserves on the weekend and held their own. Ben showed he’s pretty good around the stoppages again with 6 clearances. Both had around 20 disposals.
I don't think their F/S status is effecting it all that much personally
Herbert returned from injury into champs, and got better at the end. His two games back at SANFL league level after champs were excellent. Only a handful of kids (Draper, Welsh, Hargraves) playing regular State league level.
Understand that, still has some good traits as a winger but acceleration and top speed still a bit of a concern

Love your work bangers.
My question is this. Although it's a very even draft, where do you think the line/pick is between the top prospects and the ones below that are? Is it top 10 then drops away after that to the next tier?

I just feel as if a pick in the teens (Langford) could end up being just as good as say pick 5.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Love your work bangers.
My question is this. Although it's a very even draft, where do you think the line/pick is between the top prospects and the ones below that are? Is it top 10 then drops away after that to the next tier?

I just feel as if a pick in the teens (Langford) could end up being just as good as say pick 5.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app
From how I see it, my top 9 I rate slightly higher than the group from 10 to 17, then 18 to 26, and from 27 to roughly 40 is another in itself, so there's definitely still tiers this year but the gaps between them isn't as big as were typically used to seeing

Bangers. From a North perspective, I believe that Will Thursfield will just go for best available talent. This means it will be one of the top 4 midfielders in Smith, FOS, Smillie or Draper. What can you tell me about the flexibility of these 4 to play in other positions outside of the centre square?

Bangers. From a North perspective, I believe that Will Thursfield will just go for best available talent. This means it will be one of the top 4 midfielders in Smith, FOS, Smillie or Draper. What can you tell me about the flexibility of these 4 to play in other positions outside of the centre square?
Smillie has played a bit in the defensive 50 as a 16 and 17 year old and this year had rotation into the forward line for Eastern, personally I think he's better as a defender when he's not in the centre but that as a rotation isn't as common as mid/fwd.

FOS has had some exposure on the Wing as a bottom ager for Country, but there's no reason to think he couldn't start his career as a back flanker ala McKercher given his skillset

Smith has had some time up forward earlier this season to demonstrate his versatility, but since APS started he's really only played as a rover (with minor rotation to HBF in his VFL appearance), although I think he'll start his career as a half back like Sheezel, Daicos, McKercher and do decently well

Draper hasn't had as much exposed form in other roles (taking into account I'm yet to watch his senior SANFL stuff) but I'd say traits wise is the least likely to impact out of the centre square, if you're taking him, it's as a stoppage player from day dot

Smillie has played a bit in the defensive 50 as a 16 and 17 year old and this year had rotation into the forward line for Eastern, personally I think he's better as a defender when he's not in the centre but that as a rotation isn't as common as mid/fwd.

FOS has had some exposure on the Wing as a bottom ager for Country, but there's no reason to think he couldn't start his career as a back flanker ala McKercher given his skillset

Smith has had some time up forward earlier this season to demonstrate his versatility, but since APS started he's really only played as a rover (with minor rotation to HBF in his VFL appearance), although I think he'll start his career as a half back like Sheezel, Daicos, McKercher and do decently well

Draper hasn't had as much exposed form in other roles (taking into account I'm yet to watch his senior SANFL stuff) but I'd say traits wise is the least likely to impact out of the centre square, if you're taking him, it's as a stoppage player from day dot
Hasn’t watched any SANFL games from draper yet thinks he won’t impact out of the centre? Ok mate

Hasn’t watched any SANFL games from draper yet thinks he won’t impact out of the centre? Ok mate
The 3 years worth of Championship games, SANFL U18s and 2023 Senior SANFL games definitely hasn't been enough to comment on how his traits translate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 3 years worth of Championship games, SANFL U18s and 2023 Senior SANFL games definitely hasn't been enough to comment on how his traits translate
Has only played 2 years of champs, one of which as a 16 year old winning MVP, the other coming off no preseason and a fractured leg, and 3 games of SANFL having turned 17 literally weeks earlier? Yeah man good analysis. How about watch the games from the current year where he actually plays against men with a modicum of fitness. Seriously, you’re a joke if you don’t see how ridiculous that statement is

Has only played 2 years of champs, one of which as a 16 year old winning MVP, the other coming off no preseason and a fractured leg, and 3 games of SANFL having turned 17 literally weeks earlier? Yeah man good analysis. How about watch the games from the current year where he actually plays against men with a modicum of fitness. Seriously, you’re a joke if you don’t see how ridiculous that statement is

Its comments like your first that have driven away the actually valuable draft watchers from starting threads.

No wonder we have a shallow amount of players who are prepared to front up with comments like yours.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've actually enjoyed this way more because I wasn't too fussed about getting a rankings out in March so could take more time to properly analyse rather than just go 'who cares where the improvements are look at how good he does this', so I haven't found anyone's really done that, at least for me, this season.

In saying that, Herbert, Walsh and Moraes are a couple I expected to develop more than they have, so they've dropped down in my rankings through the season.

It'll depend how clubs view his transition to AFL Level really and what role he may end up playing, which is where much if the variation in his rankings come from imo. Personally I don't view him as quick enough for a regular centre square midfielder, but think he's got the engine and smarts to settle on a wing long term, whereas others see him as a forward or believe he'll translate as a midfielder.

Long winded answer I know, I guess in short anywhere in the first round is just as likely as anywhere else in the first round

More to do with the depth of the class than Kohnson himself, I'd say he's pretty close for most people
A couple is two, yeah I can be pedantic :p

Seriously, thanks for your list/analysis. As always, it is much appreciated and provokes thought.

Are you trying to argue that post Champs this year his traits have changed dramatically enough to make someone change their mind? I'm not even saying he's a bad player or anything lmao

I was also referencing U16s champs btw

Its comments like your first that have driven away the actually valuable draft watchers from starting threads.

No wonder we have a shallow amount of players who are prepared to front up with comments like yours.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

His post history is nothing but Sid stuff.

Why so hostile? Escalating to personal attacks is pretty uncalled for.

I had an account named "Manny Draper" leave a similarly hostile response on one of my videos where I criticised Sid's defensive efforts. Perhaps a cousin or something?
Arlo branching into life after professional footy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Expert PMBangers 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back