Curious to see who people would take in these scenarios:

Smillie or Langford

Sims or J.Whitlock

Lindsay or Reid

O’Farrell or M.Whitlock

Armstrong or Shanahan

Smith or Draper

Kako or Berry

Can’t recall a draft as even as this one.

I think we should at least give our reasoning:

1. Langford: This is a difficult one; Smillie's best is very good and better than Langfords best but I have seen way too much ordinary with Smillie, whereas Langford comes across as much more consistent. Because we are talking midfielders, I will go Langford for the consistency.
2. Whitlock: Sims is a solid forward but I think history shows that athletic talls with distinct competitive advantages are a "safer" bet (within a very unsafe bet context), so Whitlock.
3. Reid: Another tough one, Reid just slightly over Lindsay but in an even draft I reckon both will be players that the teams that had higher picks will be kicking themselves over.
4. Whitlock: again similar reasoning as 2, note the unsafe bet context again as well.
5. Armstrong: Hard one but I think there are question marks on both as to relevance at an AFL level (But then Logan Morris is looking good so...).
6. Smith: Less pretty and less potential than Draper but I think Smith has been more consistent and harder working which gets him the nod; could depend on which teams they both end up at and the relevant gameplan and players around them.
7. Kako: Another tough one, I think this is team dependent as to whom ends up the best - I have long said that I think Berry has less tricks but suits a team like Freo, but Kako IMO can be better in a team that suits that kind of small forward.

Id love to know about the top 5 of the following
I’ll give it a crack. Not an easy task by any means! I’m going to not include the resting mids (Lalor, Moraes in the medium forwards section either).

1. Kako (6-15)
2. Berry (10-25)
3. Champion (20-35)
4. Bradley (35+)
5. Barrett (35+)

1. Taj Hotton (12-25)
2. Murphy Reid (12-25)
3. Cooper Hynes (25-35)
4. Archer Day-Wicks (28-40)
5. Josh Murphy (30+)

key position forwards <<

This is super hard because I think clubs could rank them so differently depending on needs. You also have Gerreyn and Nicholls who has their admirers.

1. Jack Whitlock (8-15)
2. Harry Armstrong (10-20)
3. Jonty Faull (10-20)
4. Kobe Shanahan (15-30)
5. Tom Sims (15-30)

I’ll give it a crack. Not an easy task by any means! I’m going to not include the resting mids (Lalor, Moraes in the medium forwards section either).

1. Kako (6-15)
2. Berry (10-25)
3. Champion (20-35)
4. Bradley (35+)
5. Barrett (35+)

1. Taj Hotton (12-25)
2. Murphy Reid (12-25)
3. Cooper Hynes (25-35)
5. Josh Murphy (30+)

This is super hard because I think clubs could rank them so differently depending on needs. You also have Gerreyn and Nicholls who has their admirers.

1. Jack Whitlock (8-15)
3. Jonty Faull (10-20)
4. Kobe Shanahan (15-30)
5. Tom Sims (15-30)
I hope Kobe Shanahan avoids any unnecessary helicopter rides before the draft. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smillie or Langford

Sims or J.Whitlock

Lindsay or Reid

O’Farrell or M.Whitlock

Armstrong or Shanahan

Smith or Draper

Kako or Berry

Smille
J Whitlock
Reid
M Whitlock
Shanahan
Smith
Kako

Smillie or Langford

Sims or J.Whitlock

Lindsay or Reid

O’Farrell or M.Whitlock

Armstrong or Shanahan

Smith or Draper

Kako or Berry

Langford - Currently more consistent and has a better kicking actions
Whitlock - I just prefer his style of play and Sims looks like a very average kick and useless below his hips.
Reid - I love both these options, I just think Reid is more damaging forward of centre currently and both are elite users of the footy. (Reid is my favourite kid in this draft)
Whitlock - Just don't rate O'Farrell as high
Armstrong - He screams x factor but I am also a fan of Shanahan. I like Armstong because his body looks like it has some developmental upside and his kicking is a thing of beauty.
Draper - Just way more explosive and can still find the ball. Smith knows where to get it, does not have Reid's kicking skills or Drapers explosive nature.
Berry - This kid can play anywhere in my eyes, Kako is going to play purely as a small forward and that is limiting. I can see Berry playing that high half forward that goes into the midfield and could play wing and half back.

1. Kako (6-15)
2. Berry (10-25)
3. Champion (20-35)
4. Bradley (35+)
5. Barrett (35+)

1. Taj Hotton (12-25)
2. Murphy Reid (12-25)
3. Cooper Hynes (25-35)
5. Josh Murphy (30+)

1. Jack Whitlock (8-15)
3. Jonty Faull (10-20)
4. Kobe Shanahan (15-30)
5. Tom Sims (15-30)
Might I ask what you are classifying Hamish Davis as?

I think we should at least give our reasoning:

1. Langford: This is a difficult one; Smillie's best is very good and better than Langfords best but I have seen way too much ordinary with Smillie, whereas Langford comes across as much more consistent. Because we are talking midfielders, I will go Langford for the consistency.
2. Whitlock: Sims is a solid forward but I think history shows that athletic talls with distinct competitive advantages are a "safer" bet (within a very unsafe bet context), so Whitlock.
3. Reid: Another tough one, Reid just slightly over Lindsay but in an even draft I reckon both will be players that the teams that had higher picks will be kicking themselves over.
4. Whitlock: again similar reasoning as 2, note the unsafe bet context again as well.
5. Armstrong: Hard one but I think there are question marks on both as to relevance at an AFL level (But then Logan Morris is looking good so...).
6. Smith: Less pretty and less potential than Draper but I think Smith has been more consistent and harder working which gets him the nod; could depend on which teams they both end up at and the relevant gameplan and players around them.
7. Kako: Another tough one, I think this is team dependent as to whom ends up the best - I have long said that I think Berry has less tricks but suits a team like Freo, but Kako IMO can be better in a team that suits that kind of small forward.
Sheesh, I don't think you'd find too many harder working kids than Draper in the last 10 years let alone this draft. That is his bread and butter. He's borderline obsessive at hard work.

1. Kako (6-15)
2. Berry (10-25)
3. Champion (20-35)
4. Bradley (35+)
5. Barrett (35+)

1. Taj Hotton (12-25)
2. Murphy Reid (12-25)
3. Cooper Hynes (25-35)
5. Josh Murphy (30+)

1. Jack Whitlock (8-15)
3. Jonty Faull (10-20)
4. Kobe Shanahan (15-30)
5. Tom Sims (15-30)
I'd probably throw in Hamish Davis given Reid and Hotton are more on the smaller size. Plus Ned Bowman was probably my favourite of the SA small forwards.

1​
Josh Smillie
2​
Finn O'Sullivan
3​
Jagga Smith
4​
Levi Ashcroft
5​
Sam Lalor
6​
Luke Trainor