List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

I just dont understand paying for atkins salary dump if you are looking at cutting players with contracts. There is zero chance we delist three players with a contract. Doubt we dump one. What is the point of a two pick upgrade mid/late draft when its an even draft and you can draft one less player. Realistically atkins shouldn't be on a list. Gold Coast botched his contract.

Taj Hotton 182cm Forward-Midfielder

Profile below

"Hotton still made good use of his time, especially as a midfield coach for Haileybury alongside current Collingwood great, Scott Pendlebury."

I may have just fallen in love.

Funnily enough I would package up 36/50/F2 to get back into next years 1st round. I’m sick of hearing how deep this draft runs. I think better chance of striking quality with a F1st then list cloggers at 36/50. Maybe GC might trade one of their 3 2025 1st. Just go to the draft with 13,29 and hope our draft team get it right

Trying to cheer myself up over the trade, but a lot of my favs will either go before our first pick or will be available later.

I guess Taj Hotton gets a lotta people excited. On paper sounds great, but just not enough exposed form for me to be super pumped about.

Xavier Lindsay is a fun idea though. Gets a lotta ball, tough and brave, electric slice n dice left boot. Seems a Geoff Parker type.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All of these players have a lot of potential.

If Bo Allan dropped, I would be stoked but I can't see it happening but you never know.
Bo Allan won't get past Freo and West Coast.
Would rather give 13 and 29 for 20,23 and 24 from Richmond. I think they'll bite.
Na we need to be close to the top 10 get potentially get a slider.

If we draft a half back with pick 13 I may lose it.

Midfielder, tall forward, small forward, tall defender all before a half back
Midfielder, winger and small forward would be my 3 picks.

Currently with 13; will become pick 16 at the least with Ashcroft, Lombard, Kako bids we will select the best player available. So which players will be around that mark?

And then with our remaining picks, we’ll probably start selecting base on needs. What areas of concern do we need to address?

Midfielder, winger and small forward would be my 3 picks.

I’d like us to draft 6 players, and therefore make the necessary delistings/retirements to achieve that. I’m assuming that Kyle Marshall, Scully, Evans, Narkle, Boak and possibly Charleson will be farewelled, and Soldo stays.

First two picks split between a Midfielder and KPP. Then the next two picks on a mid-sized / hybrid goal-kicking forward and wingman.

Then add Barrett as the hard-running, pacy high forward and Burgoyne as the composed HBF.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back