List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 39, 57, 93, 111, 129)

Remove this Banner Ad

Would like a decent Phantom Draft.

Just to see where Draper and Hotton sit in real life.
If wasn't for injury Hotton would be top 8 imo

Think where Cal has rated Draper is about right. I don't agree with the top 3 ratings that some others have put out for Draper.

If wasn't for injury Hotton would be top 8 imo

Think where Cal has rated Draper is about right. I don't agree with the top 3 ratings that some others have put out for Draper.

I see the Crows taking him when they should take Reid because he's safe. If they take Reid I think maybe he's gettable. I still like the idea of Hotton though.

I see the Crows taking him when they should take Reid because he's safe. If they take Reid I think maybe he's gettable. I still like the idea of Hotton though.
Crows will take Draper if he's available there. Their fans are in love with him because he's a SA boy but I don't necessarily agree that he's a top 5 pick.

If we get a pick outside top 10, then Hotton/Tauru are the two I'd go for. Tauru probably more of a need

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think it’s clear we should hit this draft hard. It’s a deep draft with good mids early and depth of kpps.

Prob the wrong year to have a bunch of non-elite father son / ngas

I like our young options for wings, but we’ve got no inside mids developing in the seconds and our spine is now a huge concern.
Murphy Reid
Taj Hotton
Alix Tauru
Ollie Hannaford
Jack Ough
James Barrat
Luke Urquhart
Clancy Dennis
Jay Polkinghorne
Charlie West

All players that I think we should be targetting across various stages of the draft that fills a need for us.

Barrett is the small forward NGA that is a must draft. Hoping Montgomery, Francou and Rome Burgoyne get to 4th round or rookie draft and we can replace them for Williams, Narkle and McEntee as those are the 3 rookies we have on the list atm other than Xavier Walsh

Its time for a deep cull.

We ain't winning the flag in 2025 with or without Ken, and probably not in 2026.

Go to the draft and get some bloody good kids, and stop trading away picks and our future for good ordinary footballers or players worse than that.

I'd cut / trade

3 Burton
4 Marshall
5 Houston, don't want to really get rid of him, but we get two decent 2024 1st round picks either direct or get a F1 and then retrade that for a 2024 first rounder, so be it.
10 Boak
12 Mckenzie
13 Soldo if he doesn't want to stay and play 2nd fiddle to Sweet
17 Clurey
22 Dixon
23 Williams
37 McCallum
41 McEntee
42 Narkle

That is 12 off the list. I'm not here to appease people 36 hours after another failure, but that's about as deep as you can cut in a single year.

Next year Scully, Lord and Georgiades are the 3 key forwards and they play every game they are fit to play, unless they have shocking and hopeless form for 4 or 5 games in a row.

Esava becomes a utility type player, back, forward and ruck when we need some size, but no guarantees he gets a senior game.

Club doesn't want to rebuild, well its time for a serious renovation and extension.

We ain't winning the flag in 2025 with or without Ken, and probably not in 2026.

Go to the draft and get some bloody good kids, and stop trading away picks and our future for good ordinary footballers or players worse than that.

I'd cut / trade

3 Burton
4 Marshall
5 Houston, don't want to really get rid of him, but we get two decent 2024 1st round picks either direct or get a F1 and then retrade that for a 2024 first rounder, so be it.
10 Boak
12 Mckenzie
17 Clurey
22 Dixon
23 Williams
37 McCallum
41 McEntee
42 Narkle

That is 12 off the list. I'm not here to appease people 36 hours after another failure, but that's about as deep as you can cut in a single year.

Next year Scully, Lord and Georgiades are the 3 key forwards and they play every game they are fit to play, unless they have shocking and hopeless form for 4 or 5 games in a row.

Esava becomes a utility type player, back, forward and ruck when we need some size, but no guarantees he gets a senior game.

Club doesn't want to rebuild, well its time for a serious renovation and extension.
I like it. I like it a lot.

The only one I'm iffy on is McCallum but I don't watch the Magpies. If he develops or shows potential, we might be able to wangle out a pick from the Tassie Devils.

I think earlier in the year it was suggested he was part of their NGA, but it's since been confirmed that he isn't.

They also got done with Moraes, whose father is Brazilian, but that doesn't meet the NGA standards.

But a boat ride once on the Suez does.

I'd cut / trade

3 Burton
4 Marshall
10 Boak
12 Mckenzie
17 Clurey
22 Dixon
23 Williams
37 McCallum
41 McEntee
42 Narkle

Can you give me an idea of what our picks COULD be?

What are we potentially able to get for Houston? Could we do a deal with North Melbourne? Although that would possibly be next years 1st.

We aren't getting any other 1st round picks, and those players listed won't give us much in return.

Can you give me an idea of what our picks COULD be?

What are we potentially able to get for Houston? Could we do a deal with North Melbourne? Although that would possibly be next years 1st.

We aren't getting any other 1st round picks, and those players listed won't give us much in return.
We will get what we get, but an F1 is useless to keep.

But no more trading away picks for ordinary footballers.

So did we officially finish third or fourth - ie does Geelong beating us in the quali put them ahead of us, or does it go by H&A placings? Asking for Freo fans and whoever else holds our draft picks.
Goes by finals result then ladder position. We finished third because of the higher ladder position that Geelong. So pick 16.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 39, 57, 93, 111, 129)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back