List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 39, 57, 93, 111, 129)

Remove this Banner Ad

If that’s the case trade him this year whilst there is some value, someone would take him
I guess my 2 posts and 20 players I think will go in next 14 months would have been better in the other list management thread, rather than the 2024 AFL draft specific thread.

My bad.

But I stand by my point that we keep our draft picks as much as possible and trade players out for picks for this draft mainly rather than give away picks for ordinary players..

You can have all the top first round picks in the world and trade in and out players but unless you have a game plan that you have selected these players to execute and a decent development coach that develops young players a fitness coach that gets them in peak condition assistant coaches that understand the game and a head coach that can communicate his game plan has empathy, but the players also know who is BOSS then we will always be a team that almost makes it, because at the moment IMO none of this is happening at the PAFC

I know. But they have had their chances.

If you want to meander along keep things the same.

Viva stability.
If you cut deep in five years time people will be saying; remember when we used to jag a prelim every couple of years and now we are rock botton reduced to substituting showdowns as a final.

If you cut deep in five years time people will be saying; remember when we used to jag a prelim every couple of years and now we are rock botton reduced to substituting showdowns as a final.
Not sure cutting deep on bottom 20 will do that

Those people are pants pissers.

We will cut 15 players based on basic nornal activity. 5 more over 2 drafts wont make us bortom 4 unless you want to cut JHF, Rozee, Butters, Georgiades and Bergman as part of that extra 5. I dont.

I started a thread called the Primus 26 two trade and draft periods after Primus was sacked there were 26 of the 44 that were on the 2012 list. 5 years later we werent botrom 4.

Look it up!

I will start a thread called the Hinkley 23 in December 2025 if we have sack Hinkley this year and cut 20 players and are down to 23.

I bet the potential Hinkley 23 wont be bottom 4 in 2030.

Too many pants pissers in the world.

People don’t like change. Cricket our club fears it. It’s common nature.

You can’t trade this player or that player. The thing is, the better the player, the better the compensation.

Did Geelong win or lose reading out Tim Kelly? west Coast lose with Judd?

I wouldn't be cutting too deep until.we see what some of these role players can do under a decent coach.

I want the nww coach to have the chance to compete year 1.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah but I think we know
Charlie age
Mackenie age
Clurey age
Mckentee not good enuf
F Evans not good enuf
Soldo wants trade
Williams not fit enuf trade
Burton soft trade
Houston wants trade

Can go to start with.

Would love to pick up Joe Berry, who is a classy small forward. Expected to go around pick 15 (which would have been our first round pick). Would be a massive upgrade on Evans / McEntee.
I watched a few of the SA u18 games this year to see Barrett, Burgoyne and Montgomery.

There is a kid from SA, Evan Bradley, that fits the mould of the GWS style small forwards.

On the draft board hes a 30s pick so might be more realistic for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched a few of the SA u18 games this year to see Barrett, Burgoyne and Montgomery.

There is a kid from SA, Evan Bradley, that fits the mould of the GWS style small forwards.

On the draft board hes a 30s pick so might be more realistic for us
Bradley is good but I dont see much of a difference between him and Barrett imho. Barrett played way more midfield which resulted in fewer goals.

I would personally take at least 2 key forwards in this draft. One early and One late. If we snag a pick in the 20s somehow, I would love to get Ollie Hannaford to fill our small forward needs

Bradley is good but I dont see much of a difference between him and Barrett imho. Barrett played way more midfield which resulted in fewer goals.

I would personally take at least 2 key forwards in this draft. One early and One late. If we snag a pick in the 20s somehow, I would love to get Ollie Hannaford to fill our small forward needs
What about the Whitlock twins? They're around the 20-30 mark based on Cal's Phantom Guide this month.

What about the Whitlock twins? They're around the 20-30 mark based on Cal's Phantom Guide this month.
Depends on the way we want to play and what type of key forward we want. I'd say both up forward are kinda similar to the type of Finlayson. Both are agile, got good speed and workrate. Kicking is a bit questionable and 1v1 is as well.

Cal has Jack rated higher than Matt but I have it the other way. I liked Matt as one of the better KPD prospects coming in but he got shifted forward later.

My real question is how much of their strong output at u18 level can be translated to AFL. More because I think they had a significant height advantaged in U18 that may not be the case at AFL.

Overall, I'd say that it's 50/50, it would depend on where our other picks land and who we are able to get with those. It's very hard to predict in this draft when we're a side that have so many involvements in trades

Those people are pants pissers.

We will cut 15 players based on basic nornal activity. 5 more over 2 drafts wont make us bortom 4 unless you want to cut JHF, Rozee, Butters, Georgiades and Bergman as part of that extra 5. I dont.

I started a thread called the Primus 26 two trade and draft periods after Primus was sacked there were 26 of the 44 that were on the 2012 list. 5 years later we werent botrom 4.

Look it up!

I will start a thread called the Hinkley 23 in December 2025 if we have sack Hinkley this year and cut 20 players and are down to 23.

I bet the potential Hinkley 23 wont be bottom 4 in 2030.

Too many pants pissers in the world.
It is not the players where improvements are made each year; the issue is the kick-it-long game plan, when it fails players lose motivations because they all know there is no Plan B.

It is not the players where improvements are made each year; the issue is the kick-it-long game plan, when it fails players lose motivations because they all know there is no Plan B.
Before you talked about cutting too deep, now you are talking about game plan. Why are you changing the subject?

With regards to bigger cuts to the list than usual, you have to take it case by case, year by year.

Burton - amazing kick but unaccountable and lazy defensively, average backup
Marshall - one good hit away from the Funny Farm and a large out of court settlement
Houston - wants a trade, fair enough
Boak - old, turnover merchant
McKenzie - been surpassed and old
Soldo - wants a trade
Clurey - picking up a pay check and doing much not else
Dixon - net negative when playing, old
Williams - a MSD pick, Jones have gone past him
McCallum - I'd give him more time
McEntee - net negative when playing
Narkle - decent enough backup, depends on what we can ge to replace him

There is a lot of deadwood here to get rid of and it is a perfect time and a perfect draft to capitalise and strengthen the list to actually open up and strengthen the premiership window.

Yeah but I think we know
Charlie age
Mackenie age
Clurey age
Mckentee not good enuf
F Evans not good enuf
Soldo wants trade
Williams not fit enuf trade
Burton soft trade
Houston wants trade

Can go to start with.
Yeah.

Hopefully least 3 in from Luko, Cumming, Perryman, Richards.

We will need to find a few Geelong style mature agers I think as our draft picks will be terrible.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Depends on the way we want to play and what type of key forward we want. I'd say both up forward are kinda similar to the type of Finlayson. Both are agile, got good speed and workrate. Kicking is a bit questionable and 1v1 is as well.

Cal has Jack rated higher than Matt but I have it the other way. I liked Matt as one of the better KPD prospects coming in but he got shifted forward later.

My real question is how much of their strong output at u18 level can be translated to AFL. More because I think they had a significant height advantaged in U18 that may not be the case at AFL.

Overall, I'd say that it's 50/50, it would depend on where our other picks land and who we are able to get with those. It's very hard to predict in this draft when we're a side that have so many involvements in trades

Look like they should be able to bulk out and didn’t look too bad one on one.

Forward or defensive craft needs work for sure but, nab them both, and that’s your spine.

Hypothetically, if we did get pick 2 for Houston, who would you draft?

Would it be Draper other than for the reason of sticking it up the crows?

Would rather get a mature aged small goal kicking forward from the SANFL, a few out there. This is an urgent need

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 39, 57, 93, 111, 129)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back