Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 17: St Kilda saints v Sydney Swans, Sunday 7th of July 3:20pm AEST, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I know he's going to be fine long term, but Mitch Owens has had a pretty poor season so far, after being close to top 3 players at the club last year. I think we might have gone a bit early - as always - starting with his name as examples of the club's rosy future.

He'll be a good player, but he needs to find consistency and start attacking the contest like he was in the first part of 2023.

Does he need a bit of a tune-up in the Zebs? Find his alpha self again and come back guns blazing? Or do we just need him in the seniors no matter what firm he's in?

I know he's going to be fine long term, but Mitch Owens has had a pretty poor season so far, after being close to top 3 players at the club last year. I think we might have gone a bit early - as always - starting with his name as examples of the club's rosy future.

He'll be a good player, but he needs to find consistency and start attacking the contest like he was in the first part of 2023.

Does he need a bit of a tune-up in the Zebs? Find his alpha self again and come back guns blazing? Or do we just need him in the seniors no matter what firm he's in?
There would be no one at Sandy worth bringing in for him.

He needs 11 more goals in the last 7 games to equal his goal tally from last year .... very possible

Unlikely though that he will surpass his disposal, mark or tackle numbers from 2023

Noted that we haven't used him in the ruck this year as much as we did last year

There would be no one at Sandy worth bringing in for him.
And that right there, is our biggest problem. We REALLY need to balance the list. We need guys that can step up & in when our guys are either injured or out of form (either through drafting or trading) It's list management 101.
At the moment simply don't have the talent pool to pull such a basic list requirement off.

He's being played out of position

I can understand the anxiety among supporters, but look it in reality we are playing Sydney & the club & players are at a low ebb as it is.

Bringing in young unproven players at this stage isn’t the way to go Heath,Garcia,Keeler & co will be there next year & longer possibly

Guys like Members,Paton,Byrnes are playing for their future & the only way to find out & protect the club & youngsters is to play them against the top side on rebound,losing with those older guys will do less damage long term then put younger guys to slaughter.

It’s all about protecting the younger ones maybe they get a run against WC in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I was going to have a crack at us at $5.50 or $6.00 but $3.75 is defintely not worth it, who's been loading up for us to be so short? I think we're half a chance at home, respond to the negativity and with Sydney hopefully in their pre-finals lull. Perhaps some people out there agree with me!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking to me like he is not really a key forward, he just doesn't seem to know how to potion himself when the ball is coming in, and he's not an inside midfielder- more like a winger or a ruck-rover. We could put Steele in the forward half and run Mitch on the ball, as right now, he is going missing for chunks of a game.

His numbers aren’t too far off last years and this year he’s played pretty much exclusively forward. Playing forward in this team has almost been a death sentence this year I’m surprised they haven’t fallen off further.

I can understand the anxiety among supporters, but look it in reality we are playing Sydney & the club & players are at a low ebb as it is.

Bringing in young unproven players at this stage isn’t the way to go Heath,Garcia,Keeler & co will be there next year & longer possibly

Guys like Members,Paton,Byrnes are playing for their future & the only way to find out & protect the club & youngsters is to play them against the top side on rebound,losing with those older guys will do less damage long term then put younger guys to slaughter.

It’s all about protecting the younger ones maybe they get a run against WC in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
All this is doing is rinse and repeat , none of them are all of a sudden going to improve
You know exactly what you're going to get from each of them

Jones actually played a decent VFL game.
Byrnes was worse than Garcia.

Jones has been pretty good most VFL games this year. He's been ordinary in the AFL. Probably should have swapped with Sincs and put him on ball. He was a pretty solid running HB at Sydney.

What odds are the bookies offering for a Saints win? It must be a big price.

Hey MUF, you must be happy seeing the end of the Tories. You've already won this week.

Looking to me like he is not really a key forward, he just doesn't seem to know how to potion himself when the ball is coming in, and he's not an inside midfielder- more like a winger or a ruck-rover.

God damn it, you mean we do not have a suitable Witch Doctor on our medical team to advise our players?

No wonder we are struggling. Talk about an unlevel playing field yet again.

It is probably the same reason why we never get off at the Tribunal. We need to Head Hunt the Blue's Witch Doctor.

Jones has been pretty good most VFL games this year. He's been ordinary in the AFL. Probably should have swapped with Sincs and put him on ball. He was a pretty solid running HB at Sydney.
Last week the Saints came close, due to our performance off half back.
We don't get that from Jones.
Its like Jason Gram, or Shane Savage without the distance.

Last week the Saints came close, due to our performance off half back.
We don't get that from Jones.
Its like Jason Gram, or Shane Savage without the distance.

Very true but if you win clearance hopefully it goes down there less and they have less to do.

I know this is left-field, but I would like to explore Arie playing out of FF. From what I've seen he has the ability to lead straight and hard. He's only got to get the ball 5 times and that's pretty much 5 certain goals (unless he's actually another bed shitter in front of the sticks like most of our team).

I know this is left-field, but I would like to explore Arie playing out of FF. From what I've seen he has the ability to lead straight and hard. He's only got to get the ball 5 times and that's pretty much 5 certain goals (unless he's actually another bed shitter in front of the sticks like most of our team).

Worth a try.
Too much of a long kick for FF, would be a waste.
CHF for Arie, banging goals from inside the square.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back