Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 19: St.Kilda vs WCE, Sat 20th of July 1:45pm AEST, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Allison is an elite athlete for his size and very skillful but he just has no AFL craft or footy IQ. Doesn't understand positioning at all, so if our forward coaches can't even teach Max King how to lead properly, he's even more finished. All of his goals are very lucky goals - bad opposition, counter attacks that result in gimme goals, silly free kicks - I've never seen him take a contested mark before

However

You can tell I hate Allison as a player, but I am still willing to play him over Membrey for one week. Membrey is way past his best - a lot of people saying he's still a capable AFL player are living in the past. He is fumbly and can't take simple chest marks these days. His weapon was his two foot jump - name one instance this year where we've seen that? He is gone at season's end so why persist with him in a young team that's in the bottom 4 and no chance of finals? There's no benefit to playing Membrey over Allison. Conversely, Allison over Membrey at least explores our list before we make a final decision. Who knows, maybe he's one of those that performs better AFL level than VFL.

One thing is for sure, Allison is more likely to be in our next premiership team than Membrey
Not a chance either will be on the list, and Allison will be 50 buy the time we win our next flag if we are lucky

That's the best game he's (Allison) played by a long way, he actually moved and attacked the ball with some purpose. If he could do that each week he might save his AFL career. It would be worth giving him a couple of games to see what he can do at the next level. Even if it is to raise some trade interest, because he will be delisted at years otherwise. If we could get a 3rd round for him it would be better than nothing...
Trade interest, maybe we could get 8th round pick for him.
We are talking about a bloke that can barely get his hands on the ball most weeks

Allison is the most inform tall forward on our list at the moment that’s available to play… kind of have to play him

tend to agree. reward form. i'd rather see him exposed to the highest level to understand where he is at. i feel everyone knows the answer but with our season being shot to pieces it can't hurt!

Not a chance either will be on the list, and Allison will be 50 buy the time we win our next flag if we are lucky

you never know.

i feel we need to have an open mind on everyone on the list until the final siren this year.

he's kicked 5. give him a debut and see what he's got.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allison is an elite athlete for his size and very skillful but he just has no AFL craft or footy IQ. Doesn't understand positioning at all, so if our forward coaches can't even teach Max King how to lead properly, he's even more finished. All of his goals are very lucky goals - bad opposition, counter attacks that result in gimme goals, silly free kicks - I've never seen him take a contested mark before

However

You can tell I hate Allison as a player, but I am still willing to play him over Membrey for one week. Membrey is way past his best - a lot of people saying he's still a capable AFL player are living in the past. He is fumbly and can't take simple chest marks these days. His weapon was his two foot jump - name one instance this year where we've seen that? He is gone at season's end so why persist with him in a young team that's in the bottom 4 and no chance of finals? There's no benefit to playing Membrey over Allison. Conversely, Allison over Membrey at least explores our list before we make a final decision. Who knows, maybe he's one of those that performs better AFL level than VFL.

One thing is for sure, Allison is more likely to be in our next premiership team than Membrey
Playing Allison over Membrey means he'll get a good defender which means he'll get towelled up. All he needs to do is offer a lead whilst Coops and Membrey do their stuff. Given a simple role that he can execute might give him a chance.

Back in Australia for 2 live games. Don't really mind if we lose to WCE but would love to beat Ess, even if it costs us one spot in draft. With 2 Saturday games, when are StK likely to train in between? Thanks

I find it funny how most on here are always defending our young players when they hit a rough patch (most recently Collard), yet everyone is all in on hating Allison (despite him also being a kid).

Pretty harsh for someone who hasn’t even debuted yet, and is touted as one of our hardest trainers. Give him a go FFS, the season is shot anyway, what is there to lose from it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

what an absolute cluster **** of a season this has ended up being
fmd
Seems like the year that the Saints disappeared from the radar- people are losing interest in us, my mates from the country can't be bothered coming down to watch what will be potential crappy game, and probably a loss. I've seen a lot of bad seasons over the years, but I can't recall having so little interest in games as this year, and sick of Lyon la la-ing his way through pressers- his intensity from the old Saints and Freo days is not there.

Bassat and his mob need to have good think about where they have placed the club in the scheme of things. Might as well try a couple of new faces against the WCE- no player needs to escape scrutiny after that effort last week.

I find it funny how most on here are always defending our young players when they hit a rough patch (most recently Collard), yet everyone is all in on hating Allison (despite him also being a kid).

Pretty harsh for someone who hasn’t even debuted yet, and is touted as one of our hardest trainers. Give him a go FFS, the season is shot anyway, what is there to lose from it.

If you read Batchelor’s match report he never pushes his players up for promotion & always says must improve on something. I would like a little more positivity from him writes like a suburban coaches match report.

I have never seen Allison play (perhaps snippets a practice game)..so can I ask this of this fine forum.?

Could Allison - in his own humble way - become a Mason Cox of sorts?

That's because Allison is now not a kid,. Been on the list for nearly 4 years, had maybe 2 good games in the VFL.

Pou out for a month. Why cant we have nice things

Yeah that news sucks, his return and reinvention as a gun midfielder was one of the few things making our games worth watching

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 19: St.Kilda vs WCE, Sat 20th of July 1:45pm AEST, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back