Game Day 2024 AFL Season, Round 23: Saints v Cats, Marvel Stadium, Saturday 17th of August

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 11, 2008
Sunbury
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Sunbury Lions
1723818486324.png
2024 AFL Season, Round 23: Saints v Cats, Marvel Stadium, Saturday 17th of August
That's right ladies, gentlemen, inanimate objects, those that identify as a cabbage and anyone else that might have any leaning to any direction except the direction of playing finals this year as we all know they're meaningless and cheap anyway. Right? Right!

Last year, oh so long ago, we were in similar scenarios, hanging onto a finals berth, Cats jostling to get in; we were 6th and they were 12th, then we won. This year, we're 14th and they're 4th, only; lets repeat the process and have some fun with ruining their double chance hopes, they don't deserve to be equal second since multiple teams on 56 points and as stated in the perfect penultimate penmanship; they can GAGF.

1723818940676.png
This is the story
We have 2pt on the Crows.
We are 4pt behind the Dees & Suns.
Dees and Suns play each other before our match.
Crows play in a Showdown v Port who sit 2nd.

Whose pick will stick?
What grinch will pinch?
And more importantly to all; can all the big 4 clubs miss finals along with the Demons to ensure that the grand final is seen by 95% staff, a dog, the seagulls halfway through and the passerbys who think cricket is on, cuss a bit and leave at 3/4 time?

I'll be there for my first game of the season... It's bloody hard to get there now that I've moved and it's become a 5 hour round trip, a lot different to the good old days when I'd turn up just about every week.

Hoping Garcia and Dow start on the field, I'd rather give them a chance for a full game and let Webster play sub again.

Feels like we've done OK recently against the Cats at Marvel, wouldn't be too surprised to see a win tonight, not that I'm tipping it. Garcia versus Geelong, not sure what it is but something feels right about that. Hopefully Hugo, with his confidence up after last week, gets a game on ball and takes full advantage.

Just having a little look at potential finishing positions, if we win our last two we could finish as high as 11th if other results go a certain way. That's pick 9 as compo. More realistically I see us winning one more game and going above Melbourne to finish 13th, so pick 6, and pick 7 if Battle goes. Getting close to 2017 kinda vibes. 😄😵‍💫🥴

As far as I’m concerned this is a win-win game. Would love to beat the Cats, a long time nemesis of ours, and particularly shove it up their smarmy coach. But if we lose we secure our end of year draft selection. No downside in this one. Will enjoy seeing what Ross and team do on field as well. Go Sainters.

As far as I’m concerned this is a win-win game. Would love to beat the Cats, a long time nemesis of ours, and particularly shove it up their smarmy coach. But if we lose we secure our end of year draft selection. No downside in this one. Will enjoy seeing what Ross and team do on field as well. Go Sainters.
No injuries please

Yeah these two posts sum it up.

Be great to see Garcia and Dow get 20+ touches, Coops and Camma kick a few.

Would love to beat the Cats, a long time nemesis of ours, and particularly shove it up their smarmy coach.
v3mizMc.gif

We usually do well against Geelong in Marvel so hope we can compete with them for the whole game.

If we can stop two of Cameron, Dangerfield or Stewart, a win is very possible.

Surely Garcia gets the interchange spot and Wilson to the sub this week. Wilson has looked in need a rest for weeks now, I just think its in his best interest to manage his minutes at this pont in the season.

I'm also hoping they play Garcia in the 22 after the last time when he sat on the bench all day as sub. Play him on ball this week and next. We need to get him playing games at AFL level on ball.

Psychologically a win here will be huge for the team losing to get a draft pick sucks for everyone, I'm not sure the current players buy into that idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While the smart play is to play for a loss...as soon as the ball bounces, I will be going for the win....I can't stand Geelong.
Would love to see someone KO Stewart. May it be so!

I'm having a wild tram ride on Flinders Street

The driver has found out someone related to Jones is on board.

The driver is now taking about how one of his colleagues has a family member.

Bruce the tram driver is legend.

The back and forth between him and the passengers is great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back