Preview 2024 AFL Season: Round 24 - Carlton v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 25th August, 3.20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite how we’re going this year, it’ll always be a good year if we have beaten Geelong (top 4), Collingwood (reigning premier) and Carlton (fingers crossed), throw Essendon (w***ers, should have finished the job the first time) in there as well.

Not to mention beating top of the table Swans and having close losses / wins against most of the rest of the 8.

The kids are looking good, should bring in a few more rippers, and hopefully a clean bill of health and a good fixture for next year and we’re happy. Knocking the Blues out to end the year would make us all very very happy, nice little consolation prize indeed. They are of course a top 4 team though, so they should beat us right?! Right?!?

Interested to see how selection goes this week. Seems like Pou will be available, would love to see Hugo with a full game but I'm guessing he may be the sub again. Hayes for Hammer?

Interested to see how selection goes this week. Seems like Pou will be available, would love to see Hugo with a full game but I'm guessing he may be the sub again. Hayes for Hammer?
Hayes didn't do too much for Sandringham there last w/end...not sure if he'd provide much if given a run. Campbell might be an option (!?) both he and Roma can ruck and play forward. All Campbell has to do is hold the line and clear space in the middle, and do the same again in the forward line.
He's a big unit, and serviceable..given Carlton's injuries, he'd worry them just enough to give Sharman, Owens and Membrey space to execute.

Misson said at last week's function that they were still looking at Ireland.

So it looks like there was reason for it being top of his mind last week.
The Irish lad has been with us all year, has played most of the year with Sandy. Has very good skills as a HBF. Has some AFL experience as a younger lad when he briefly lived in Australia.

Hayes didn't do too much for Sandringham there last w/end...not sure if he'd provide much if given a run. Campbell might be an option (!?) both he and Roma can ruck and play forward. All Campbell has to do is hold the line and clear space in the middle, and do the same again in the forward line.
He's a big unit, and serviceable..given Carlton's injuries, he'd worry them just enough to give Sharman, Owens and Membrey space to execute.
I’ve always liked Hayes,gives it his all and seems a ripping fella but if the club are not going to play him next year I don’t see the point in bringing him in

Give Keeler a taste. Let him know what the level looks like so he can hit pre-season training hard and push for a spot.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We might only have 26 fit players to choose from this week YET we are still favs…..what am I missing?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well, you did beat WCE away....:)
We only beat the Cats. Must've been the home ground advantage. Or maybe they just had an off day :rolleyes:

Despite how we’re going this year, it’ll always be a good year if we have beaten Geelong (top 4), Collingwood (reigning premier) and Carlton (fingers crossed), throw Essendon (w***ers, should have finished the job the first time) in there as well.

Not to mention beating top of the table Swans and having close losses / wins against most of the rest of the 8.

The kids are looking good, should bring in a few more rippers, and hopefully a clean bill of health and a good fixture for next year and we’re happy. Knocking the Blues out to end the year would make us all very very happy, nice little consolation prize indeed. They are of course a top 4 team though, so they should beat us right?! Right?!?
100% this
Shows we CAN mix it with the best.

Probably weight of money tilting the odds. Think we will shorten after selection when they realise Curnow McKay Dekoning are not in the lineup.

More Blues supporters thinking they will win because they are well...Carlton they always win, whereas the Aints are just that.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

We might only have 26 fit players to choose from this week YET we are still favs…..what am I missing?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm not a proponent of gambling, but...

If you genuinely think we should be favourites and the bookies have it wrong, stick a few bucks on it and treat yourself on us if you lose. And if you win, well who cares about the lost $?

Edit: Gamble responsibly

I don't agree, you related to Brad Scott it's the same principle no matter what.
I've got no idea what you are trying to say here.

If you're saying bring Hayes in because it's his farewell game, I disagree.
In any case, to compare him to a Heppell (you mentioned Brad Scott) or Membrey, Jones and Battle, who have been regular members of the team, and who are actually in the team at present, is ridiculous.

I've got no idea what you are trying to say here.

If you're saying bring Hayes in because it's his farewell game, I disagree.
In any case, to compare him to a Heppell (you mentioned Brad Scott) or Membrey, Jones and Battle, who have been regular members of the team, and who are actually in the team at present, is ridiculous.
Hayes comes in for structure otherwise Weitering will have a good game, regardless if Hayes is there next year or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back