Preview 2024 AFL Season: Round 24 - Carlton v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 25th August, 3.20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You reckon anyone will remember how putrid Melbourne were tonight in a few weeks time?
Now there’s a club reading the tea leaves.
Winning is losing.

You want us to lose to Carlton?

I want us to beat them into submission like we did to Geelong, knock them out of finals and knock the arrogance out of them.

That's worth more than losing a better draft pick.

You want us to lose to Carlton?

I want us to beat them into submission like we did to Geelong, knock them out of finals and knock the arrogance out of them.

That's worth more than losing a better draft pick.
We win and then Freo lose and they make it anyway. That would hurt

I remember reading that pink used to be a colour associated with boys in the old days.
The Spanish coat of arms contains a pink lion rampant representing the Kingdom of Léon.

But it supposed to be purple- and purple and pink are the rarest colours on national flags.

Why?

Pink - Diluted blood? - weakness?
Purple - compromised blue and red..

And so why did Freo go purple and abandon the green?
100th game for Butler at the Saints.
I wonder how ‘Lurch’ the Butler feels about that?
Look at the Carlton at preview for their game with us. lol

It’s funny and sad at the same time.

In an amateur game, if I were the coach, I’d pin it up in the rooms before the game. Even have someone read it!

Enjoy

‘It's a tale as old as time itself, a once great club trying to claw themselves back to the top of the mountain versus a team better known for their eternal tale of failure, misery and boring Rossball brand of footy. Fittingly, the Stains are in a position that is all too familiar, too insipid to contend for anything themselves, their best form has manifested from the desire to ruin other teams finals hpes or as Ross the Toss anointed it "being the Grinch".’

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In an amateur game, if I were the coach, I’d pin it up in the rooms before the game. Even have someone read it!

Enjoy

‘It's a tale as old as time itself, a once great club trying to claw themselves back to the top of the mountain versus a team better known for their eternal tale of failure, misery and boring Rossball brand of footy. Fittingly, the Stains are in a position that is all too familiar, too insipid to contend for anything themselves, their best form has manifested from the desire to ruin other teams finals hpes or as Ross the Toss anointed it "being the Grinch".’
Went over there…stupidly. The most delusional, arrogant bunch.
On our pre-game threads we concentrate on us and how we’re going to do. Very seldom hang sh*t on the opposition.
I can only assume they’re pretty scared about this game.

On our pre-game threads we concentrate on us and how we’re going to do. Very seldom hang sh*t on the opposition.

most carlton supporters are scared of their own shadow....

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

In words of one syllable please…
Who are we barracking for to win/lose this round?
Can’t be bothered working it out.

And I don’t mean us.
I have a fair idea that it’s 50/50 on here of who wants us to win/lose.

I’m sitting firmly on the fence because I can’t actually decide 🙄😝

In words of one syllable please…
Who are we barracking for to win/lose this round?
Can’t be bothered working it out.

And I don’t mean us.
I have a fair idea that it’s 50/50 on here of who wants us to win/lose.

I’m sitting firmly on the fence because I can’t actually decide
If you want the best Draft position:
Gold Coast to Win this afternoon.
Saints to lose tomorrow.

No other games impact us.

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you want the best Draft position:
Gold Coast to Win this afternoon.
Saints to lose tomorrow.

No other games impact us.

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app
And there’s the rub.
North should probably have tanked to get Harley Reid….

TG I don’t make the decisions because I’m flip flopping on a daily basis. 😝@gringo2011 would hate me 🤣

The Spanish coat of arms contains a pink lion rampant representing the Kingdom of Léon.

But it supposed to be purple- and purple and pink are the rarest colours on national flags.

Why?

Pink - Diluted blood? - weakness?
Purple - compromised blue and red..

And so why did Freo go purple and abandon the green?

Enjoy

Purple was the royal colour because the dye was collected from rare shells of a sea snail back from Roman times. Royal purple is still a think and while citizens weren’t allowed true purple the shades like mauve were a show of wealth and status.

Pink was a Victorian baby boys colour. White wedding dresses were made a fashion by queen vctoria. Coke turned Santa into a red and white clothed character to sell soft drinks. Colour history is pretty interesting

Purple was the royal colour because the dye was collected from rare shells of a sea snail back from Roman times. Royal purple is still a think and while citizens weren’t allowed true purple the shades like mauve were a show of wealth and status.

Pink was a Victorian baby boys colour. White wedding dresses were made a fashion by queen vctoria. Coke turned Santa into a red and white clothed character to sell soft drinks. Colour history is pretty interesting
Come on now, pink only happened when someone put a new red shirt into the wash with whites…🙄

Winning this would be a disaster now. We can't afford to slip back 2 places. Not only that, need to finish bottom 6 to get the most favourable draw possible.

Tigers, North, and West Coast guaranteed to be easy beats again next year. They are miles off it.

Anybody that thinks the draw doesn't play a major factor need look no further than Geelong. Probably going to finish 2nd on the ladder now. Seriously ordinary football side.

Last edited:
So if I can share my journey, lol.
It started with my partner buying my a polo in this colour at a good price ie $30 odd..obvs. she likes that colour on me...after I proved I can look after it, coz a lot of my nice clothes, end up being worn to work and get shit on them and then they become nice looking work clothes ....I looked after it and was rewarded with a trip to DJ's for some premo polos, when i saw the cost, I went WTF, your not paying that, but...the shade of pink was so nice I bought it myself, and have since bought another dark Salmon polo and $200 for a beautiful pink long sleeve shirt RL shirt.
After you venture out in pink the first time, you realize what you have been missing out on.
the old Pink Ralph Loren polo and the ed hardy dragon jeans were my go to when smashing the local dance floors back in the day.

bit of mud in the blonde tips and everything was right in the world haha

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Realistically, what are they going to chat about otherwise?

"I have NFI what goes on in Vossys noggin..."
"I remember back in the VFL we were made of something paper..."
"If I think really hard I can see Curnow..."
Also

VFL
Want You Love GIF by NICOLE DADDONA

My rugby club's colours are maroon and gold and me and a mate of mine at the club had the bright idea of ordering a heap of maroon chambray shirts with our logo to sell at the club but when they came back from the supplier they were f***ing pink.

We tried to pass them off as being light maroon but no one was buying it, literally, some of our other mates at the club bought them out of sympathy for us but hardly anyone else at the club did and we lost a few hundred bucks each on that stupid deal.

I've hated pink ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back