2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair call. North and Demons need talks. Would be surprise if they went for mids

Melbourne have Jefferson and Van Rooyen. Probably need future KP backs though. Their mids look a mess now.

Ahahaha so now we're scrambling to move up. Could've just lost today and been in the most optimal position but no, "culture-building" exercise against an undermanned side missing 2 coleman medallists aye? Saints never fail to make me depressed

Not much we can do now. It is what it is and we work with it. Reckon it probably means Dalrymple has players he rated out side the consensus top picks that would be a reach. You imagine that he would have been asking Lyon to fall over otherwise

Good form toward the back end of the season might be enough to convince players like peatling to come. Happened with Henry last year
Christ i hope your not going to rely on Pealting to save us , GOP at best

He is a midfielder who had 10 coaches votes the other day. That’s why
2024 Season Match Avg.
17 Matches Played
Disposals
Below Avg
Kicks
Below Avg
Handball
Below Avg
Marks
Below Avg
Tackles
Above Avg
Total Clearances
Average

Yeah one swallow doesn't make a summer either

His last two games 12 and 15 disposals =No thanks

2024 Season Match Avg.
17 Matches Played
Disposals
Below Avg
Kicks
Below Avg
Handball
Below Avg
Marks
Below Avg
Tackles
Above Avg
Total Clearances
Average

It depends whether he's playing forward pocket or mid.
Coniglio in = Peatlings stats are crap.

How many on the Saints list have "ever" had 18 contested possessions?

2024 Season Match Avg.
17 Matches Played
Disposals
Below Avg
Kicks
Below Avg
Handball
Below Avg
Marks
Below Avg
Tackles
Above Avg
Total Clearances
Average

His overall averages dont tell the full story.

He was pushed out of the middle when Kelly and Coniglio returned from injury.

It depends whether he's playing forward pocket or mid.
Coniglio in = Peatlings stats are crap.

How many on the Saints list have "ever" had 18 contested possessions?
Nathan Freeman ,, Just kidding

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whether its 5,6 or 6,7 or even 7,8....the bottom line is we have to get and develop two gun mids. Thats non negotiable
It might be pick 8 and 20.

Levi Ashcroft in top 3 pushes 1 pick down.

Battle compo might be end of first round.

If Hawks win the premiership, then the Battle offer might be pulled to pay for other players?

Wasn't Steele taken by us as he couldn't get into the senior GWS team as a half back?
Half forward, but very similar situation with him. albeit, Pleating is older than Steele was but has also showed he's more suited to the midfield and with a proper opportunity, could be a good addition for any team needing midfielders.

Not much we can do now. It is what it is and we work with it. Reckon it probably means Dalrymple has players he rated out side the consensus top picks that would be a reach. You imagine that he would have been asking Lyon to fall over otherwise

Totally agree there is no way they havent discussed the impact winning the last few games might mean to the club. In hindsight winning games should always be the clubs first priority, just seeing how those Carlton flogs carried on is sufficient reward. Dalrymple has obviously given his assessment of the upper echelon of the draft crop and they all seem happy with where we sit.

Onwards and upwards I am just as excited about the trade & draft periods as I was before. There is no reason why we cant still bring in some excellent talent this year, by the time Ashcroft & Lombard are bid on we will be looking at picks 8 & 9 after bids which is still very good!

On current standings -

1. Jagga Smith Richmond
2. Levi Ashcroft Brisbane
3. Luke Trainor Nth Melbourne
4. Sid Draper WCE
5. Finn OSullivan Adelaide
6. Leo Lombard Gold Coast
7. Sam Lalor Melbourne (they could also take a tall)
8. Harvey Langford St Kilda
9. Tobie Travaglia/Taj Hotton/Murphy Reid/Josh Smillie/Jobe Shanahan/Harry OFarrell/Jack Whitlock St Kilda

Last edited:
Okay I'm going to stop being a sook now, sorry guys

My take is that we will hopefully get one of the big dog mids then be in no-mans land with 8. Therefore, I think we should split the pick for two picks in the teens which gives us 7, teens, teens, 24, 43. I think Ross Lyon said we wanted 4 or 5 top 40 picks

Best available at 7, if its Trainor then so be it. To maximise the talent we get in the teens, I think we should take a punt on Hotton who could've been a top 5 pick if he hadn't been injured. Joe Berry as a hybrid small forward/mid is also enticing as a forward half x-factor. Bo Allan as a big-bodied Jordan Dawson-type mid could cover missing out on Langford but he's pretty similar to Pou. Maybe we could also take a key forward in Shanahan. Then Hynes at 24 is ideal but wouldn't mind taking him in the late teens

Okay I'm going to stop being a sook now, sorry guys

My take is that we will hopefully get one of the big dog mids then be in no-mans land with 8. Therefore, I think we should split the pick for two picks in the teens which gives us 7, teens, teens, 24, 43. I think Ross Lyon said we wanted 4 or 5 top 40 picks

Best available at 7, if its Trainor then so be it. To maximise the talent we get in the teens, I think we should take a punt on Hotton who could've been a top 5 pick if he hadn't been injured. Joe Berry as a hybrid small forward/mid is also enticing as a forward half x-factor. Bo Allan as a big-bodied Jordan Dawson-type mid could cover missing out on Langford but he's pretty similar to Pou. Maybe we could also take a key forward in Shanahan. Then Hynes at 24 is ideal but wouldn't mind taking him in the late teens

Hotton may not like us if we de-list his brother.

Totally agree there is no way they havent discussed the impact winning the last few games might mean to the club. In hindsight winning games should always be the clubs irst priority, just seeing how those Carlton flogs carried on is sufficient reward. Dalrymple has obviously given his assessment of the upper echelon of the draft crop and they all seem happy with where we sit.

Onwards and upwards I am just as excited about the trade & draft periods as I was before. There is no reason why we cant still bring in some excellent talent this year, by the time Ashcroft & Lombard are bid on we will be looking at picks 8 & 9 after bids which is still very good!

On current standings -

1. Jagga Smith Richmond
2. Levi Ashcroft Brisbane
3. Luke Trainor Nth Melbourne
4. Finn OSullivan WCE
5. Sid Draper Adelaide
6. Leo Lombard Gold Coast
7. Sam Lalor Melbourne
8. Harvey Langford St Kilda
9. Tobie Travaglia/Taj Hotton/Murphy Reid/Josh Smillie/Jobe Shanahan/Harry OFarrell/Jack Whitlock St Kilda
If we walk away with Langford and Reid we are laughing

It might be pick 8 and 20.

Levi Ashcroft in top 3 pushes 1 pick down.

Battle compo might be end of first round.

If Hawks win the premiership, then the Battle offer might be pulled to pay for other players?

0a8a0831b0e67e777036747a328c3266.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back