2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

An interesting day for Travaglia. Switching back to defense instead of the midfield role he had been playing, he copped an early injury and spent the majority of the first quarter off the ground as a result. That injury may have been effecting him when he returned to play as he struggled to effect the game as much as he typically does, although his pressure and tackling was still as intense as ever. With the Pioneers needing a spark Travaglia was moved into the forward line in the fourth quarter and produced an exciting cameo, kicking a couple of highlight reel worthy goals to show just how much untapped potential he possesses.

An interesting day for Travaglia. Switching back to defense instead of the midfield role he had been playing, he copped an early injury and spent the majority of the first quarter off the ground as a result. That injury may have been effecting him when he returned to play as he struggled to effect the game as much as he typically does, although his pressure and tackling was still as intense as ever. With the Pioneers needing a spark Travaglia was moved into the forward line in the fourth quarter and produced an exciting cameo, kicking a couple of highlight reel worthy goals to show just how much untapped potential he possesses.

One club is going to love him enough to be top 6 or 7 I think.

Yeah ... I just don't see it with Travaglia compared with some others

Seen a few vids with some dodgy decision making ... very skinny and struggles to break tackles ... in reality he is a half back ... not a mid

Reckon he is a reach in the top 10

Just an opinion
Just had very similar thoughts, albeit that 4 minute package is the first time I've watched him

Yeah ... I just don't see it with Travaglia compared with some others

Seen a few vids with some dodgy decision making ... very skinny and struggles to break tackles ... in reality he is a half back ... not a mid

Reckon he is a reach in the top 10

Just an opinion
I've been warming to him lately. Decision making and disposal put me off too, but his pace and shear competitiveness are the traits we been drafting for since RTB came back.
It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him in RWB.

I've been warming to him lately. Decision making and disposal put me off too, but his pace and shear competitiveness are the traits we been drafting for since RTB came back.
It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him in RWB.
I’m a fan. Think there’s some real upside in him, but what he can do has already translated well to VFL level footy.
Has a lot of Tom Stewart in the way he attacks the play.

I’m a fan. Think there’s some real upside in him, but what he can do has already translated well to VFL level footy.
Has a lot of Tom Stewart in the way he attacks the play.
More Gilbo-esk in my eyes. He'll always be skinny but he goes hard and is super attacking. That combination of speed and grunt isn't common and TBH a combo of him and Lalor would add heaps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Careful, putting Reid down so low might piss off some on here. And having a clear top 5 too...that's illegal!!!:rolleyes:

Why would anyone give a shit about someone not thinking the exact same way as them? That would suggest a really insecure person. If it was a consensus we wouldn’t need recruiting staff. Just look on a forum a write your order out. We could get rid of the draft and just assign players to clubs

Gilbert never played mid and it has taken 7 years for Richards to transition to the midfield

For years we have been shouting to the sky ... no more running half backs that might transition to midfield ..... well here we are again
richards never got a look in, and gilbert comparisons are because when he gets it, he goes! who would you have over travaglia? Hynes?

the only top flight mid that will probably be available at our pick/s is langford. I'd grab him first, but then who? The reality is there might not be any top mids left, so travaglia, trainor, etc..

I haven't looked at hotton yet

richards never got a look in, and gilbert comparisons are because when he gets it, he goes! who would you have over travaglia? Hynes?

the only top flight mid that will probably be available at our pick/s is langford. I'd grab him first, but then who? The reality is there might not be any top mids left, so travaglia, trainor, etc..

I haven't looked at hotton yet
But there might be ... we don't know ..... Reid could be there ... pretty sure Travaglia didn't win MVP honors in the National Champs playing as a mid

And Hynes is potential 2nd round so not sure why he is in the discussion

Either way ... we keep screaming ...mids mids mids we need mids ..... and we take a skinny HB defender who may or may not transition full time to the midfield .... again just sayin

But there might be ... we don't know ..... Reid could be there ... pretty sure Travaglia didn't win MVP honors in the National Champs playing as a mid

And Hynes is potential 2nd round so not sure why he is in the discussion

Either way ... we keep screaming ...mids mids mids we need mids ..... and we take a skinny HB defender who may or may not transition full time to the midfield .... again just sayin
we all want mids, travaglia has played mid, also back, and a little forward. Reid will probably be there but has no point of difference. Obviously if lalor or smillie slide we should nab them

Gilbert never played mid and it has taken 7 years for Richards to transition to the midfield

For years we have been shouting to the sky ... no more running half backs that might transition to midfield ..... well here we are again

Actually Gilbo was running through the middle towards the end.

Reid has no point of difference? ... kid has sensational vision and deft skills .... and a turn of pace when required

We are crying out for a bit of class

He looks good here, but highlights packages always look good. In full games I see a lot of crabby dinky handballs, not particularly fast or strong, if he's a great runner that would help, but hey if we take him I'm all in

Reid has no point of difference? ... kid has sensational vision and deft skills .... and a turn of pace when required

We are crying out for a bit of class

Ok no draft guru but have watched a few vids this kid has class written all over him
He is 1 touch (I get infuriated watching Jones bumble n stumble over the footy..) and hits targets
Not slow either - lots to like

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back