2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats fine, but at least you respond with reasonable points unlike some. The irony of all this is those who are arguing/abusing me on this, the majority havent seen the kid play they just read media reports or watch highlights. Perhaps thats how Elshaugh did his recruiting and why he was so woeful.

Given that this year is a very deep draft I hope the club attempts to use 5 picks at the draft. Say we take 3 active picks #4, 5 & 25 depending when Cole is bid on I would like to have another pick before of after Cole. I would love to take the whole 4 of the kids, but list spots are going to be a premium. Positional requirements will also come into play as apart from midfielders we could also do with a young ruckman and a tall forward.

All the experts are consistently saying there will be some very good players taken late in this draft. If Cole is taken in the draft lets hope we can sqeeze some of the other 3 onto the rookie list. Peckett and Linder have AFL midfield potential and are rookie options which is a list need. Hofmann is similiar to Hastie a tall flanker, which is less of a need but like Cole if the club rate him they will find a spot.
Maybe posters are arguing with or abusing you on this cause you respond with condescending laughing emojis and outwardly call out other peoples opinions as rubbish

Maybe stop acting like a know-it all **** and you might get some respect back

329fa79e744a46519a53a7a2af65a9fb.png

Thats fine, but at least you respond with reasonable points unlike some. The irony of all this is those who are arguing/abusing me on this, the majority havent seen the kid play they just read media reports or watch highlights. Perhaps thats how Elshaugh did his recruiting and why he was so woeful.

Given that this year is a very deep draft I hope the club attempts to use 5 picks at the draft. Say we take 3 active picks #4, 5 & 25 depending when Cole is bid on I would like to have another pick before of after Cole. I would love to take the whole 4 of the kids, but list spots are going to be a premium. Positional requirements will also come into play as apart from midfielders we could also do with a young ruckman and a tall forward.

All the experts are consistently saying there will be some very good players taken late in this draft. If Cole is taken in the draft lets hope we can sqeeze some of the other 3 onto the rookie list. Peckett and Linder have AFL midfield potential and are rookie options which is a list need. Hofmann is similiar to Hastie a tall flanker, which is less of a need but like Cole if the club rate him they will find a spot.
I agree, I'm expecting 5 picks in the national draft. 2 top 10 pick mids, a tall forward/ruck or an x factor in the second round (Faull, Shanahan, Sims; Hynes, Murphy, or a slider), Cole, then a high upside later pick of which I think there are so many this year after doing my own phantom draft

I hope Hofmann is a rookie pick but wouldn't be surprised if we have to take him in national. One of Linder or Peckett MIGHT be something like an SSP pick after a pre-season AFL training trial (depending on other list changes), but at least one of them I think will defo transition into Sandy Zebs VFL and be hopeful of being the mandatory Sandy rookie in years to come

Just feeling a bit left out of your little clique.

You never come to my rescue Gringo…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on my own. You and Joffa have your little clique, you look after each other.

I agree, I'm expecting 5 picks in the national draft. 2 top 10 pick mids, a tall forward/ruck or an x factor in the second round (Faull, Shanahan, Sims; Hynes, Murphy, or a slider), Cole, then a high upside later pick of which I think there are so many this year after doing my own phantom draft

I hope Hofmann is a rookie pick but wouldn't be surprised if we have to take him in national. One of Linder or Peckett MIGHT be something like an SSP pick after a pre-season AFL training trial (depending on other list changes), but at least one of them I think will defo transition into Sandy Zebs VFL and be hopeful of being the mandatory Sandy rookie in years to come
Comes down to bidding with these boys. Hofmann gets bid on in the national, we either match or let him go like we did with Biggy. Any academy boys not taken in the national, we have the right to place them on the Category B rookie list - bypassing the rookie draft completely, no need to wait for SSP.

McLennan's time as a Category B is up at the end of this year so we'll be able to take up to two (alongside Liam O'Connell who has another year on that list).

I'm on my own. You and Joffa have your little clique, you look after each other.

I have no clique

Not even a DM group.

I’m just a lonely little Sainter fighting the good fight against the know it alls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comes down to bidding with these boys. Hofmann gets bid on in the national, we either match or let him go like we did with Biggy. Any academy boys not taken in the national, we have the right to place them on the Category B rookie list - bypassing the rookie draft completely, no need to wait for SSP.

McLennan's time as a Category B is up at the end of this year so we'll be able to take up to two (alongside Liam O'Connell who has another year on that list).

If Biggy had gone through to the Rookie draft, i'm thinking we'd have taken him.
Which is pretty much where he should have gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After today's win and our continued run of pretty good form, combined with a batch of teams above us playing very poorly at present (Hawks are the main exception), most with difficult runs home, we could easily now finish the season several places higher on the ladder than we currently are.

Especially as the %s are all close that if we win and they lose our % could easily go above theirs. So if we tie on points we then finish higher.

Instead of picks 4/5 (if we gain the compo, it could rise as high as 8/9 (Ignoring any FS and Academy matching)

Hopefully the Crows can knock off the Hawks tomorrow.

1722082913995.png

Last edited:
After today's win and our continued run of pretty good form, combined with a batch of teams above us playing very poorly at present (Hawks are the main exception), most with difficult runs home, we could easily now finish the season several places higher on the ladder than we currently are.

Especially as the %s are all close that if we win and they lose our % could easily go above theirs. So if we tie on points we then finish higher.

Instead of picks 4/5 (if we gain the compo, it could rise as high as 8/9.

Hopefully the Crow can knock off the Hawks tomorrow.

View attachment 2060953

Puts the Battle conundrum into perspective, with our form we'll sneak into 8th, win the thing & get pick 19 for him, or get an end of first round pick, pick 19. Such a Saints thing to do...

Im sorry I thought you and Joffa had expressed your love for each other?
This is getting quite pathetic. How about we get back to the thread topic, and some on here realise that it is not a personal attack when someone has a different opinion to theirs.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is getting quite pathetic. How about we get back to the thread topic, and some on here realise that it is not a personal attack when someone has a different opinion to theirs.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Your mate literally personally attacks over opinions and demands that only people he considers experts comment. You both get outraged by people's opinions when they differ from your own.

Who gives a shit if people have different ideas. They can't hurt you. It's meant to be here for people to discuss ideas, not sing from the hymn book.

Puts the Battle conundrum into perspective, with our form we'll sneak into 8th, win the thing & get pick 19 for him, or get an end of first round pick, pick 19. Such a Saints thing to do...
From Battle’s post game interview it looks highly likely he’s gone. If we win 2 more we are genuine chance to go above Collingwood and/or GC.

A fourth strong senior SANFL performance in a row from Sid. He simply has to be considered one of South Adelaide's best players at this stage. The extremely windy conditions turned this into a scrappy affair, and like most out there Sid had trouble directing his kicks in the first half. He got better as the game wore on, and like last week it was his incisive and damaging play in the second half that played an important role in getting the Panthers ahead on the scoreboard, including a fantastic classy goal in the fourth quarter.

My two late midfield picks for the draft Luke Kennedy Dragons & Zac Johnson Knights both played well and named in best again yesterday. Zac Johnson 23 touches & 3 goals, Kennedy 30 touches & 10 tackles. Kennedy needs to improve his kick-mark ratio might hold him back.

Really cant understand why Johnson is not rated top 30, but I guess thats good for the club who gets him.

A fourth strong senior SANFL performance in a row from Sid. He simply has to be considered one of South Adelaide's best players at this stage. The extremely windy conditions turned this into a scrappy affair, and like most out there Sid had trouble directing his kicks in the first half. He got better as the game wore on, and like last week it was his incisive and damaging play in the second half that played an important role in getting the Panthers ahead on the scoreboard, including a fantastic classy goal in the fourth quarter.

Thanks to you guys being so average yesterday Crows will probably finish below us and take him if he isn't already gone. Thanks for nothing! 😉

Quick summary of Murphy? Haven’t seen anything of him

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back