2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

A fourth strong senior SANFL performance in a row from Sid. He simply has to be considered one of South Adelaide's best players at this stage. The extremely windy conditions turned this into a scrappy affair, and like most out there Sid had trouble directing his kicks in the first half. He got better as the game wore on, and like last week it was his incisive and damaging play in the second half that played an important role in getting the Panthers ahead on the scoreboard, including a fantastic classy goal in the fourth quarter.

Damn you Sid.

From Battle’s post game interview it looks highly likely he’s gone. If we win 2 more we are genuine chance to go above Collingwood and/or GC.
Luckily we’re playing Lions, Cats and Blues….none of them likely to lie down with a lot to play for.
If we happen to beat them (Blues please 🙏) well that’s going to be great for confidence especially going into next year - maybe that’s just as important.

Doesn’t matter if we finish above the Crows. Whoever they pick will end up being a dud anyway. See Chayce Jones, Fischer McAsey, Josh Rachele, Ned McHenry.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Your mate literally personally attacks over opinions and demands that only people he considers experts comment. You both get outraged by people's opinions when they differ from your own.

Who gives a shit if people have different ideas. They can't hurt you. It's meant to be here for people to discuss ideas, not sing from the hymn book.

Lewis Pierce was better than both Hickey and Longer, discuss.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Another strong VFL performance by Jagga who's seemingly stepped up to the level and barely missed a beat. He wasn't quite as impressive as last week, seeming to be more rushed for time and as a result not having his entire game in top order, but even so, we shouldn't take for granted what Jagga Smith and Sid Draper have been doing in recent weeks at state league level. They've both set a bar that the others in the pool will struggle to reach.

We look certain to finish above the crows now. I don't see us leap frogging anyone else still, even if we win another 2 out of the last 4. Just need Gold Coast to win another game.

1-rich: smillie/smith/osullivan
2-wc: smillie/smith/osullivan
3-north: Trainor
4-crows: Draper
5-stk: smilie/smith/osullivan
6-stk?: lalor/reid/langford

We look certain to finish above the crows now. I don't see us leap frogging anyone else still, even if we win another 2 out of the last 4. Just need Gold Coast to win another game.

1-rich: smillie/smith/osullivan
2-wc: smillie/smith/osullivan
3-north: Trainor
4-crows: Draper
5-stk: smilie/smith/osullivan
6-stk?: lalor/reid/langford
Noooo :( I want Draper

A fourth strong senior SANFL performance in a row from Sid. He simply has to be considered one of South Adelaide's best players at this stage. The extremely windy conditions turned this into a scrappy affair, and like most out there Sid had trouble directing his kicks in the first half. He got better as the game wore on, and like last week it was his incisive and damaging play in the second half that played an important role in getting the Panthers ahead on the scoreboard, including a fantastic classy goal in the fourth quarter.

I’m getting Caleb Serong vibes

Big yes please

Your mate literally personally attacks over opinions and demands that only people he considers experts comment. You both get outraged by people's opinions when they differ from your own.

Who gives a shit if people have different ideas. They can't hurt you. It's meant to be here for people to discuss ideas, not sing from the hymn book.

I was gonna leave this alone but that is utter tripe.

I responded to SS’s post re Cole in a sarcastic manner after he was writing the kid off based on very little.

It was not a personal attack at all. There was no outrage on my behalf at all.

You involved yourself & things escalated.

Maybe take your own advice.

Apologies to everyone else who has had to read this stupid slanging match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trigger Warning: Tom Morris

Tom Morris just reported we want 2 picks in the first round.

So pick 5 & 6 or should battle stay, we would want to split pick 5

Not a bad idea considering how deep this draft goes.

On Pixel 7 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
"could look to split pick" were his words. which means we could trade into the first round

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was gonna leave this alone but that is utter tripe.

I responded to SS’s post re Cole in a sarcastic manner after he was writing the kid off based on very little.

It was not a personal attack at all. There was no outrage on my behalf at all.

You involved yourself & things escalated.

Maybe take your own advice.

Apologies to everyone else who has had to read this stupid slanging match.

Maybe use the ignore function, you always seems to be making comments ridiculing everyone's opinions. If you can't handle people that aren't experts making comments then a footy forum isn't probably your ideal platform. Read the Herald Sun and read Twomey's draft shit if you want experts.

Trigger Warning: Tom Morris

Tom Morris just reported we want 2 picks in the first round.

So pick 5 & 6 or should battle stay, we would want to split pick 5

Not a bad idea considering how deep this draft goes.

On Pixel 7 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Find me the club who doesn't want 2x 1stRDPs

Maybe use the ignore function, you always seems to be making comments ridiculing everyone's opinions. If you can't handle people that aren't experts making comments then a footy forum isn't probably your ideal platform. Read the Herald Sun and read Twomey's draft shit if you want experts.

I repeat.

Take your own advice.

I’ll respond to posts how I see fit until a mod pulls me up. Reckon Ive been on here for 10 yrs & never had an infraction.

When someone posts something that I agree with then I usually just give it a like rather than simply repeating what they have already said. When I have something to add to the discussion, I’ll add it. When I disagree, I’ll challenge it. When someone is obviously making stuff up, Ill definitely challenge it.

Am I a smart arse at time? Yes

But I have never abused anyone & been offensive.

Block me baby & save us all some grief.

I think you give a s.hit. You seem to call people morons when they don't agree with everything you say or pull you u on something.

I generally agree with you and think many of your opinions are well thought out but there are times I vehemently disagree with your opinion and you seem to take it personally. I have been guilty of this as well, as I said I am no angel at clapping back, but your mate SS deliberately insults and condescends like he knows every single thing about underdeveloped 18.y.o's.

We all know an 18.y.o is not the finished product, many at 24 are still developing, look at Wilkie, Coops just had a breakout game and was mature aged. When challenged the guy you seemed to want to be the white knight for reverts to petty insults. Stav watches u18 closely and because he had a differing opinion this SS bloke keeps repeating to diminish Stav that it is 'obvious' he only listens to others opinions.

Anyway as I said, I have had many differences of opinion with you, would not put you on ignore as I find your stuff valuable interesting and provocative. God knows we need that after the departures of the long time posters on this forum.
The other bloke, just a rude, insecure condescending know it all, that I give little heed to in regards to his opinion.

As Cursing Fijian said, up to us to change the direction. So just wanted to respond to clear the air and wont comment on this further.

I think you give a s.hit. You seem to call people morons when they don't agree with everything you say or pull you u on something.

I generally agree with you and think many of your opinions are well thought out but there are times I vehemently disagree with your opinion and you seem to take it personally. I have been guilty of this as well, as I said I am no angel at clapping back, but your mate SS deliberately insults and condescends like he knows every single thing about underdeveloped 18.y.o's.

We all know an 18.y.o is not the finished product, many at 24 are still developing, look at Wilkie, Coops just had a breakout game and was mature aged. When challenged the guy you seemed to want to be the white knight for reverts to petty insults. Stav watches u18 closely and because he had a differing opinion this SS bloke keeps repeating to diminish Stav that it is 'obvious' he only listens to others opinions.

Anyway as I said, I have had many differences of opinion with you, would not put you on ignore as I find your stuff valuable interesting and provocative. God knows we need that after the departures of the long time posters on this forum.
The other bloke, just a rude, insecure condescending know it all, that I give little heed to in regards to his opinion.

As Cursing Fijian said, up to us to change the direction. So just wanted to respond to clear the air and wont comment on this further.

I cant believe what I have just read, my god you are a hypercrit. Your posts and attacks border on bullying. Anyone you dont agree with you belittle and scorn them like they are complete idiots. Simply because they present an idea that differs to yourself. As far as personal attacks are concerned you are the gold standard and set the tone for most if not all threads. Then when someone replies in kind you have the audacity to go off and whinge to the mods like a small child.

You think if you write in the third person it is not a direct insult, but really its just another method of the gutless stuff you roll out.

Yes I have a strong opinion regarding Cole, but if you dont like what I suggest put me on ignore. Its not up to you to change others opinions as much as you might think that is your role. If you think I am wrong thats fine just ignore the comments.

And by the way Stav and myself resolved our differences amically, its something you could never lay claim to.

I cant believe what I have just read, my god you are a hypercrit. Your posts and attacks border on bullying. Anyone you dont agree with you belittle and scorn them like they are complete idiots. Simply because they present an idea that differs to yourself. As far as personal attacks are concerned you are the gold standard and set the tone for most if not all threads. Then when someone replies in kind you have the audacity to go off and whinge to the mods like a small child.

You think if you write in the third person it is not a direct insult, but really its just another method of the gutless stuff you roll out.

Yes I have a strong opinion regarding Cole, but if you dont like what I suggest put me on ignore. Its not up to you to change others opinions as much as you might think that is your role. If you think I am wrong thats fine just ignore the comments.

And by the way Stav and myself resolved our differences amically, its something you could never lay claim to.
That Harvey Langford is proving to be a genuine star.

As of yesterday, averaging:

24.5 Disposals
1.3 Goals per game
5.9 Tackles
1.1 R50
4.9 I50

Lindsay was as impressive as always in difficult conditions, winning plenty of the ball and battling to hit targets through the tricky wind. Swimming the channel, climbing mount Everest, and kicking goals into the wind at Williamstown oval... these are some of the toughest challenges known to mankind, but Xavier and his Gippsland teammates made it look easy in the fourth quarter as they pulled away to record an impressive win.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back