2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

i wouldnt be wasting too many emotions on that phantom draft
1.north aint pick 1 and likely wont be
2.all ive heard is that richmond is all over o'sullivan
3.if smilie and o'sullivan gone,north surely a big chance to take trainor,thouigh i guess smith stocks rising for them
4.we probably shoot ourselves in foot,but we still a fair chance to finish under crows

Still think it's not likely that Jagga gets through any more. We are in that awkward spot where the real cream goes and we are taking the best of the rest. In an ideal world O'Sullivan or someone like that slips through. Trainor is the one that might throw the order out a bit. If someone jumps early it could shake things up.

It's definitely a draft that has a really even spread. So many good players didn't even make it into the 30. Good players will come from this draft but there isn't a lot of exceptional stand out talent.

Still think it's not likely that Jagga gets through any more. We are in that awkward spot where the real cream goes and we are taking the best of the rest. In an ideal world O'Sullivan or someone like that slips through. Trainor is the one that might throw the order out a bit. If someone jumps early it could shake things up.

It's definitely a draft that has a really even spread. So many good players didn't even make it into the 30. Good players will come from this draft but there isn't a lot of exceptional stand out talent.
Would really help to finish below Adelaide and at least have access to someone of Draper’s ilk. Feel like he is going to be absolute class and is the type of mid we need (burst from stoppage, clean, good decision maker). Either him or Smith would be an incredible outcome for us imo

well arent you lucky you believe this draft has no real cream then ;)

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

i wouldnt be wasting too many emotions on that phantom draft
1.north aint pick 1 and likely wont be
2.all ive heard is that richmond is all over o'sullivan
3.if smilie and o'sullivan gone,north surely a big chance to take trainor,thouigh i guess smith stocks rising for them
4.we probably shoot ourselves in foot,but we still a fair chance to finish under crows
North will take trainor unless the can get smilie. They just don’t need any more small mids.

well arent you lucky you believe this draft has no real cream then ;)

I know you're just being you usual self but all drafts have the best selections even in an even draft. I reckon 6 to about 20 look like you are rolling the dice. I rate O'Sullivan, Trainor and Jagga but wouldn't think it's even close to the top end of last year.

Are the mods going to ban you guys from the thread for trying to start your usual shit? You all whinge when ever I make comments on the draft in a draft thread.

North will take trainor unless the can get smilie. They just don’t need any more small mids.

I wonder if the LDU talk might make them chase another one. Trainor makes the most sense for them though. Smilie looks good but he's just not that stand out in the Champs. He could be a jack of all trades type.

I know you're just being you usual self but all drafts have the best selections even in an even draft. I reckon 6 to about 20 look like you are rolling the dice. I rate O'Sullivan, Trainor and Jagga but wouldn't think it's even close to the top end of last year.

Are the mods going to ban you guys from the thread for trying to start your usual shit? You all whinge when ever I make comments on the draft in a draft thread.
oh im just giving you a wind up lol settle pettle

This is one of those things that gets thrown around but not sure it's that accurate. Most sides will carry a couple of extractors. One generally can play a bit more of a running game. There aren't many true inside mids that are fast because ideally you have power off a step types around the centre.

To me we could do with a grunt extractor to get the ball outside to our fast outside players. With Marshall being an average tap ruck, we could do with guys who can contest.

That said if Jagga is available I'm grabbing him. He's an extractor but with a unique evasiveness.
Players that possess both those qualities at high levels tend to go at pick 1 and as I've read consistently this year just doesn't have that kind of player. That said, I'm of the same opinion that it's Smith then Lalor for our selection but l reckon they'll be some jockeying for position due to the lack of a clear order and both Brizzy and GC with possible top 5 access.
Still a ways to go, but l can't recall a less predictable draft than this one.

This has me a bit flat. Trainor with our natural pick. Most of the cream mids gone before our pick. Lalor is looking like the best of the left overs. Would love multiple picks between 10 and 20. Freo looks well placed.

Last 3 years running we've had some exceptional luck with the 1st round draft order.
Current logic says FOS, Smillie, Draper and Trainor go ahead of our pick/s, so l believe a degree of faith in the universe will go a long way this time around.

From memory, last year there were a fair few players ,who were probably rated around 2nd round , who didn't even get drafted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last 3 years running we've had some exceptional luck with the 1st round draft order.
Current logic says FOS, Smillie, Draper and Trainor go ahead of our pick/s, so l believe a degree of faith in the universe will go a long way this time around.

It's looking more and more like we'll end up with Lalor. I hope I'm wrong on him and he ends up the next Dangerfield. I see more of Danger in him than Dusty who he's somehow got a comparison with.

It's looking more and more like we'll end up with Lalor. I hope I'm wrong on him and he ends up the next Dangerfield. I see more of Danger in him than Dusty who he's somehow got a comparison with.
I see enough of what we need in him to accept it as a sufficient use of that pick. If that's the worst outcome then it's too not bad.

Someone posted on the main board Draper’s game for South Adelaide in the seniors today 👌

27D (19 contested) 14K 13Hb 9T 9Cl

That's a good game for a kid. The only danger there is that they last kid that did that well in the SANFL was James Aish. Seriously though that's a good set of numbers against men. That makes up for a middling Champs campaign.

That's a good game for a kid. The only danger there is that they last kid that did that well in the SANFL was James Aish. Seriously though that's a good set of numbers against men. That makes up for a middling Champs campaign.
Dominated last week in the seniors aswell. Horne Francis was also very good in his draft year for south Adelaide.

I think it’s in the best interest to let battle go if it gets us band one. The mids at the top end of this draft are all class. If we could land Reid and lalor with our two first rounders. Sims at our second and Cole later. That could change the fortunes of our club!

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back