2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

If there was a draft I’d ever want us to go balls deep and trade into. Heavily. It might be this one
I'd love for us to somehow trade back into the first round to grab Xavier Lisdany, Tobie Travaglia or Taj Hotton.

Reckon a club would take our future 1st and bank in us finishing lower?

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Peckett with 24 touches and a goal.
Peckett doing better things than Lalor while playing a similar role..

Not saying Peckett is a better prospect than Lalor because that's incorrect. Just would be happier to grab mids at pick 7 (and hopefully 8).

And the chances of that happening?
If we go best player available. There would be a chance.

Best key forward and back.

I don’t pretend to know how they will draft.
I’d love to find away into another top 15 just don’t know if we have the assets

I'd love for us to somehow trade back into the first round to grab Xavier Lisdany, Tobie Travaglia or Taj Hotton.

Someone will bite. But I imagine if you want an absolute cream type of pick your going to have to target a club with a good player

I don't have much love for Hotton, but Lindsey and Travaglia would be very welcome and worth a future 1st imo.

I'd really love us to try to pull off a Stocker style trade - talk to one of the top 4 about swapping firsts next year (so we keep a spot in the first round) and get their current first. See if anyone's counting on us to plummet - unlikely but possible

Memory refresher - you left no doubt that you thought (or had ITK) Smillie will be the No 1 pick. One day you didnt rate Smith, the next had him on your wish list, the same with Langford. We all vary our opinions given the players form, but no one knows for certain who will end up where - so stop pretending you more than the rest of us it wears thin.
I’ve given my opinion on where I think Smillie SHOULD go.

That has nothing to do with ITK. How could anyone call a pick that far out in a draft like this.

It has had nothing to do with not rating smith. I’ve rated him the entire time. I’ve made clear why I think he isn’t the number 1 pick and made clear that is not in anyway a reflection on what career he may have.

The strong wind made clean passages of play nearly impossible and turned most of this game into a scrap, but Langford thrives in that kind environment. He used his strength and physicality at the contest attacking the ball and the man in equal measure, at times he and James Barrett threatened to turn it into a boxing match. He found a stack of footy as he always does, and hit the scoreboard at crucial times to help his Stingrays to build a lead and take the victory.

Might be the conditions but he misses more handballs than he makes here. Looked sloppy, not sold.

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Memory refresher - you left no doubt that you thought (or had ITK) Smillie will be the No 1 pick. One day you didnt rate Smith, the next had him on your wish list, the same with Langford. We all vary our opinions given the players form, but no one knows for certain who will end up where - so stop pretending you more than the rest of us it wears thin.

Its almost as if there’s been games played since we all started talking about potential draftees (once our season was cooked in early May) & opinions have changed as a result.

Remember back to the glory days when some people were bagging Jagga for a supposed lack of hurt factor after he didn’t rack up a high metres gained in the 1st champs game?

Remember when this draft was a dud because no one stood out as a clear pick 1?

Funny how our views can evolve hey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My predicted Top 10

• Ashcroft and Lombard not listed
  • Richmond trade with GC for Rioli
  • St.Kilda receive B1 comp
  • Richmond trade with freo for Bolton

1. Richmond - F. O’Sullivan
2. North Melbourne - L. Trainer
3. West Coast - J. Smith
4. Adelaide - S. Draper
5. Melbourne - H. Armstrong
6. Richmond - M. Reid
7. St.Kilda - S. Lalor
8. St.Kilda - H. Langford
9. Essendon - J. Shanahan
10. Richmond - J. Smilie

Just think FOS has shown enough to get the nod.

NM little bit of a reach I think bypassing smith but think trainor makes sense here

Smith best available and wc have never hesitated picking Vic players

Draper obvious in to Adelaide sadly but WC would think hard about drafting Draper at 3

Armstrong doesn’t quite look the big deal to me but is tracking very similar to cadman and Melbourne would be eager to complete their young forward line with JVR and Jefferson. Wouldn’t be shocked if they just went for best mid though with all the drama. They’d probably go for the classier Reid which compliments their midfield well.

Reckon Richmond likes Reid after attempting to look at him over other candidates in vfl. Feel like they would jump at him at 6 and be concerned he won’t get past stk assuming they have freos pick.

Lalor I’m thoroughly back on board but very hopeful rather than confident he makes it to us.

Langford to complement Lalor would be a great double pending they can pass the RtB covering the ground test

Richmond could end up with FOS, Reid, Smilie, which would be pretty exciting mix

That’s an admittedly pretty hopefully effort

Who has time to do this 😂

Love the kid but that's too good to turn down. I'm also a big believer in Keeler and think he can be that 2nd fwd/ruck if we persist with him.
It’ll be more down to whether Keeler will persist with himself. I do rate him, big off season coming up for him

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back