2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kako looks like a bloody good option if Essendon refuse to trade with us. Very high output forward with X factor. It wouldn’t be the worst thing walking away with one of the mids and Kako.
We aren't working with that rampant egotist Dildoro fortunately.

I can see Essendon being more reasonable and logical to deal with and can see the benefit of trading out pick 9 to secure Kako.

Kako looks like a bloody good option if Essendon refuse to trade with us. Very high output forward with X factor. It wouldn’t be the worst thing walking away with one of the mids and Kako.
He better be good.

I assume This only works if the threat is legitimate

He better be good.

I assume This only works if the threat is legitimate
I can only go off the highlight and stats. The experts also rate him highly. Easily top 10-15, so 8 possibly a slight reach. But look at Watson and Kossie Pickett and how they have/will transformed their teams forward lines.

If this happens, I am in love with that free second from GWS linked to Adelaide.

Just look at what it has already done for us.

Henry for a couple of places drop in the 2nd round
Helped secure Wilson

Possible scenario 2024
F1 + 26 (free second from GWS linked to Adelaide)
pick 9

Gives us 7+8+9.

I thought we were in a cracking position with 7 & 8, but with 9 as well our options are endless

Could keep 7 & 8 and split 9. Have four in the top 20.
That's what I would love to see us do - GWS want to move up. Nine and something late for 15 & 16.....

[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji6]" data-quote="stavro#" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Dons can’t ask for a heap.

They can’t take a first rounder as it will be eaten under the Kako bid.

So a second rounder covers the bid. They still use the other and have firsts to play with

Wouldn’t Bombers consider trading-up rather than down?

Target West Coast’s pick or Adelaide’s pick for their first pick and something else?

Pick #13 is priced as high as the market dictates. Twomey is already noting its a buyers market with Collingwood and Carlton vying for it - surely our F1 is a better outcome for Suns than either of theirs? Unless Pies package Noble up with their F1 for it (and then some) I think we might have a compelling case for Suns to think about.
If that was the case they’d be betting who would finish lower out of us and pies although noble would be a little sweetener

If this happens, I am in love with that free second from GWS linked to Adelaide.

Just look at what it has already done for us.

Henry for a couple of places drop in the 2nd round
Helped secure Wilson

Possible scenario 2024
F1 + 26 (free second from GWS linked to Adelaide)
pick 9

Gives us 7+8+9.

I thought we were in a cracking position with 7 & 8, but with 9 as well our options are endless

Could keep 7 & 8 and split 9. Have four in the top 20.
Not sure how we would get 2 teens for pick 9

Can almost say we'll split 8 for something like GWS' 15+16. We go in with 4 picks in the top 25.

OR

SOS will get fruity and trade a future first for a top 15 pick.

We are going hard this draft, get 5-6 kids in (including cole, Elwood and maybe the Hoff).

Next year. Get an LDU or Brayshaw to have two "old" heads with Steele to lead our now young midfield.

That's the plan. We are cooking something.

On Pixel 7 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Trade

St Kilda get: Pick 9 & Dylan Shiel (salary dump)
Essendon get: F1st tied to St Kilda & F4th tied to St Kilda

We don't want Shiel but If I was Essendon I would be trying to shoehorn him into the deal haha

If we do the deal in all seriousness, we must be pretty confident on getting one of LDU/Brayshaw or Callaghan over the line next year. and then trading the 2026 F1st 2027 F1st to make it happen if the Free Agency deals get matched.

I don't mind it at all, bring in bulk talent in a really good draft this year and put a full stop on the 'replumbing, rewire and reset' in this year's draft.
What is Shiel’s remaining contract? 1 more year at big money?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can almost say we'll split 8 for something like GWS' 15+16. We go in with 4 picks in the top 25.

OR

SOS will get fruity and trade a future first for a top 15 pick too.

We are going hard this draft, get 5-6 kids in (including cole, Elwood and maybe the Hoff).

Next year. Get an LDU or Brayshaw to have two "old" heads with Steele to lead our now young midfield.

That's the plan. We are cooking something.

On Pixel 7 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Let SOS cook.

Wouldn’t Bombers consider trading-up rather than down?

Target West Coast’s pick or Adelaide’s pick for their first pick and something else?
Perhaps more likely North? Though I’m not sure how any of them would be satisfied with Essendon’s lack of picks. A F1 with some sweeteners Essendon’s way?

Not sure how we would get 2 teens for pick 9
When a team is desparate for a player and doesn't think they'll get them

eg. Giants with 15&16. If someone like Murphy Reid is available at our pick, they might value him over the two guys at 15&16, especially since they'll have a plethora of picks > list spots with two academy guys in Logan Smith and Cooper Bell coming through

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back