2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest potential in this entire draft pool.

Hope we land him or Langford.

Would need a few years however ala Petracca.
I could see him playing early, but as a half forward with short stints on the ball from time to time.

Full midfield will take some time.

The top 4 seem to be locked.

FOS Lalor Draper Jagga.

It appears to be close to a lock that North take a tall: Armstrong or Tauru.

Melbourne is the uncertain one. They could grab Armstrong. They have been linked to Langford and Reid.

That’s why.

With an expectation Richmond trade for p2 for 6 and something for north.
Bit of a consensus Langford is above smith from what cal has been saying of late. Melbournes interviewed smillie and I could see them taking him. Richmond are also very keen on him and hold pick 6. Can’t be getting attached to him this far out. I can see smith sliding to us tho out of any of the top group. I’d like one of Langford/smillie at our pick as an inside bull paired with reid/smith. That would be ideal. I could see those two really playing well if they had a big on baller to take the brunt.

Are Langford and Smillie the biggest boom/bust pairing we could possibly take?

Tall mids who aren't exactly lightning fast, can imagine guys like Draper and Smith zipping inside and around them turning them into a pretzel.

Hopefully my worries are unfounded and we get both Bont and Cripps mk2 for our midfield.
I don’t get the Smilie isn’t fast. He’s 195 and probably moves as well as any 195 midfielder. Apart from Bont probably kicks it better as well.

Whether he makes it or not, that’s a different question, but it would be more to do with him not becoming “beast enough” rather than movement.

The absolutely LAST thing we need is a tall forward.

1. Mids
2. Mids
3. Key Defender
4. Mids
5. Ruck
6. Mids
11. Mids
12. Key Forward

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lads haven’t been keeping much tabs on this thread just with trade period on but seems we are pretty settled. What are our chances of getting one of Draper or tauru? Just from what I’ve seen this year they are my favourites

lads haven’t been keeping much tabs on this thread just with trade period on but seems we are pretty settled. What are our chances of getting one of Draper or tauru? Just from what I’ve seen this year they are my favourites
Low. Draper won't slide past Carlton now. Tauru will be taken by Norf you'd imagine whether it be pick 2 or 6

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back