2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

🎯 Draft Period, November 20–21
  • Round 1 of the National Draft: Wednesday, November 20
  • Round 2–end of the National Draft: Thursday, November 21
  • Rookie Promotions: Thursday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (3): Thursday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • List Lodgement 3*: Friday, November 22, 10am (optional; required for those participating in the PSD)
  • Pre-Season Draft: Friday, November 22, 3pm
  • Rookie Draft: Friday, November 22, 3.20pm

Last edited:

Very true!
I just recon north and Melbourne, or one of them draft a forward.
They don’t need midfielders
Melbourne haven’t had a good forward for years
Dees will plenty of choices for a forward at pick 9 unless they want Tauru at pick 5 ahead of North if North slide to pick 6

If North slide to pick 6 and say Tigers go up to pick 2 then you would think that would give us our best chance for one of those highly rated mids to slide to us ..... given North are likely dropping back to chose a KPP

If Dees take say Tauru ahead of North which then forces North to go different KPP then we get 2 gun mids sliding

If North stay at 2 then the feeling is they just go best available which would be a mid and then Dees at 5 also go a mid and then a KPP at 9

Not complicated at all

Herald Sun running with (an already known) a very strong link of Tauru to North.

So that’s one slider.

Murphy Reid very much in the frame at the Demons.

North has to trade-down. Surely.

Massive reach to take Tauru at 2.

Richmond’s pick 6 or St Kilda’s pick 8 should get it done, with an assurance from both clubs that whoever they trade with won’t draft Tauru.

Melbourne would be the only danger at pick 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Herald Sun running with (an already known) a very strong link of Tauru to North.

So that’s one slider.

Murphy Reid very much in the frame at the Demons.
I actually don't mind Reid as our pick at 8. Yes he is similar to Clark but there's something about him being 'too small', 'not athletic' 'too slow' etc etc and yet still able to dominate games with his footy iq and game sense reminds me of the draft profile of a young Tom Brady. Yes I know completley different sport but that underdog mentality.

I actually don't mind Reid as our pick at 8. Yes he is similar to Clark but there's something about him being 'too small', 'not athletic' 'too slow' etc etc and yet still able to dominate games with his footy iq and game sense reminds me of the draft profile of a young Tom Brady. Yes I know completley different sport but that underdog mentality.
Reid is nothing like Hunter Clark.

Absolutely lazy link from this board.

He has 1000% more attacking nous

Dees will plenty of choices for a forward at pick 9 unless they want Tauru at pick 5 ahead of North if North slide to pick 6

If North slide to pick 6 and say Tigers go up to pick 2 then you would think that would give us our best chance for one of those highly rated mids to slide to us ..... given North are likely dropping back to chose a KPP

If Dees take say Tauru ahead of North which then forces North to go different KPP then we get 2 gun mids sliding

If North stay at 2 then the feeling is they just go best available which would be a mid and then Dees at 5 also go a mid and then a KPP at 9

Not complicated at all
If Tauru isn’t taken before our pick 7, I’d draft best available mid at 7 and Tauru with pick 8 and let that be known to Melbourne who expect him to be there with pick 9, north etc

I think the only whispers we will hear this year is when Twomey releases his phantom. There are just so many picks in play it would be impossible to rule out anything yet. The last things clubs in our position need is to be leaking who we are interested in, unless its to spook another club to go a certain way.
His leads from the oppo rather than loose lips

But do we go these 2 heavy big contested mids or only one + a smaller quicker mid like Lindsay or a HB runner probable mid like Travaglia?

Having one not working out will be generally more of an issue than getting too many similar guns.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back