List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

This is why I like the look of Mitchell Edwards. 206cm, flies for marks, seems to have that mongrel about him at Under 18 level. Monsters the other kids.
I've said this before, that I see him as a Joe Daniher replacement in s few years.
Predictions have him anywhere from pick 20 to pick 40. I'd be pleased if the Lions could trade up into the early to mid 20s to have a chance at him
I believe he’ll be a ruck first and foremost, with genuine ability to rest forward. The type of ruck that should be able to play in a two ruck team.

This is why I like the look of Mitchell Edwards. 206cm, flies for marks, seems to have that mongrel about him at Under 18 level. Monsters the other kids.
I've said this before, that I see him as a Joe Daniher replacement in s few years.
Predictions have him anywhere from pick 20 to pick 40. I'd be pleased if the Lions could trade up into the early to mid 20s to have a chance at him
He's a ruckman, unless the club don't rate Kalin Lane(OOC 2024) I wouldn't be drafting another one.

The club must rate Henry Smith as he is not OOC until 2026.

Show us extra points :)

My #guess# would be that we are offering picks 39, 51 & 54. It’s about a ~150 points upgrade at face value, but pick 39 will move up two spots before GC will need to use it, and 51 & 54 will each move up four spots before being used, so in reality about ~300+ extra points.

On top of that 39 more than likely turns in to a residual pick at about pick 55/56 as the bid on Read won’t require all the points from it.

If we do move up to 24 it indicates our recruiters have a player in mind. Archer Reid and Will Dawson the two KPP’s around that range but could also be selected before.

May not be positional needs but the likes of Collard, Lual, Jiath & Gothard are the key names all speculated to be in consideration at that point of the draft as well. Wouldn’t be surprised as much as key position stocks are an area of need if the club has their eye on someone like Collard or Gothard or Lual.

If we do move up to 24 it indicates our recruiters have a player in mind. Archer Reid and Will Dawson the two KPP’s around that range but could also be selected before.

May not be positional needs but the likes of Collard, Lual, Jiath & Gothard are the key names all speculated to be in consideration at that point of the draft as well. Wouldn’t be surprised as much as key position stocks are an area of need if the club has their eye on someone like Collard or Gothard or Lual.
I wouldn’t necessarily say we have a player in mind. We would have to make the trade while whoever holds pick 1 is on the clock, so who is actually available, we won’t know.

What I believe is we recognise that if we stand pat, our current second pick is situated outside that “third” tier of draftees.

At pick 24 and 30, we’re looking at players being player available to us, who’s skill sets and athletic attributes tick a lot of our recruiters boxes.

At picks 39, 51 and 54 we’re looking at players with skills who lack speed and/or athleticism, or we’re looking at athletes who haven’t fully grasped the game yet.

Yeah, Dawson definitely covers some bases. Where ever he settles as a player, fwd or back, he's a developing need. Is there potential for him to become a genuine swing player?

Mannagh is Zorko like as a player and as a late starter. I'm not sure of his age, I'm thinking 24/25, so he's got 5 plus years. His body has developed and is match harder. He is pretty much depth ready now. And could take an opportunity by with both hands.

Although if I'm wrong about Mannagh's age and he's 27/28 I'd opt for Gothard (man, the child in me wants to make a stiffy joke). Sounds like a real terrier, chases, pressures, tackles and can kick goals as well. We're not desperate for sm fwd depth now, Lohmann, Ah Chee, so taking a younger player with those qualities to develop for a cpl of years could pay off longer term.

Most years recently we've had a draftee or two break into the firsts. Could you see any of the 5 mentioned doing that? Mannagh quite possibly, of the 4 others what do you think?

If we only draft 2 plus the upgrade to Carter Michael. I'd be inclined to take 2 talls but 1 tall n 1 small makes sense. So does 1 tall and the winger. I'm pretty much good with any of those combo's with any of those players.
A Boner still a Roo?

The one thing the early ones seem to have is a fierce appetite for the contest. Browny showed this in spades and even Hippy with his light frame still threw himself at contests.
Agreed and why I think that the Suns Jed Walter will feature early and do well. I don’t know enough about Giants Cadman to know whether he’ll be another Schache or a slow developer that will prosper but there’s no reason as you say that young key position players can’t impact early.

He was a bit stiff, but they let him go, was sure the Roos would have loved to hang on to him 😁
There was that nasty run in with B Plug from the Swans' reserves...

Agreed and why I think that the Suns Jed Walter will feature early and do well. I don’t know enough about Giants Cadman to know whether he’ll be another Schache or a slow developer that will prosper but there’s no reason as you say that young key position players can’t impact early.
Schache had potential but his shortcomings were very obvious early on. You either have heart or you don't - unfortunately for us (and him) his is as about as big as a pea. One of the softest blokes I've ever seen on the footy field. Something a few of the 'real' posters on this forum commented on - and subsequentially got shouted down for.

ahhhhh... those were the days when we had personality on this forum. Dylan12, lets roar, billy puller...

Schache had potential but his shortcomings were very obvious early on. You either have heart or you don't - unfortunately for us (and him) his is as about as big as a pea. One of the softest blokes I've ever seen on the footy field. Something a few of the 'real' posters on this forum commented on - and subsequentially got shouted down for.

ahhhhh... those were the days when we had personality on this forum. Dylan12, lets roar, billy puller...

How’s that high horse riding?

Seems like an interesting juxtaposition that you’re critiquing players’ lack of intestinal fortitude, but are clinging onto a sense of hurt that not everyone agreed with you.

And I think you’re conflating “personality” with “lack of sense of perspective and balance “.

Dyl also thought Cutler was worth 2 first rounders.

I don’t think ignorance is much of a personality trait

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh dear. Looks like you're getting shouted down again, or is that being given some perspective on the matter.
I guess sociopathy is a personality trait.

Dyl also thought Cutler was worth 2 first rounders.

I don’t think ignorance is much of a personality trait

Cutler is still worth 2 first rounders.
Wherever he is.

EDIT - found him !

1700007336372.png

Tell us more about the good ol' days grandpa. I heard you can buy a quart of milk for a tuppence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back