Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

So smug and entitled are the Geelong-supporting media pundits (Mafiosi) that when an unexpected Finals loss occurs, the mask of graciousness usually slips.

Two shameful cases in point: Anthony Hudson on FIRST CRACK last night, who could barely contain his dismay and had to be consoled by David King. And Fairfax Media football scribe, Andrew Wu, who wrote a GFC press release disguised as a news article, listing all the excuses Chris Scott made — but didn’t make — in his unedifying press conference.

Last edited:
So smug and entitled are the Geelong-supporting media pundits (Mafiosi) that when an unexpected Finals loss occurs, the mask of graciousness usually slips.

Two shameful cases in point: Anthony Hudson on FIRST CRACK last night, who could barely contain his dismay and had to be consoled by David King. And Fairfax Media football writer, Andrew Wu, who wrote a GFC press release disguised as a news article, listing all the excuses Chris Scott pretended not to make in his unedifying press conference.
Andrew Wu is a Swans supporter. He is a bog average journalist too.

Last night was brilliant. Thought the Cats had them, kicking goals out of their arses like they did on Easter Monday. Losing Holmes ruined them, he was destroying Brisbane, then Danger was either thinking too much about his impending suspension (can't believe the commentators stating that McLuggage's head didn't hit the ground!) or that knee to his back impeded him, he was awful in the last quarter.

Hopefully the lions get up next week
In hindsight it's no surprise that a good side was able to spread them on a bigger ground and attack them through the corridor more.
This is how you beat them , I think a lot of sides still get drawn into their aura ( Port week 1 case in point)

We should be able to absolute make a game of it next Easter Monday . We have the weapons now that should give them issues rather than us worrying about them as much .

Two shameful cases in point: Anthony Hudson on FIRST CRACK last night, who could barely contain his dismay and had to be consoled by David King. And Fairfax Media football writer, Andrew Wu, who wrote a GFC press release disguised as a news article, listing all the excuses Chris Scott pretended not to make in his unedifying press conference.
Thought Wu was a Sydney supporter

The channel 7 post game interview with Dangerfield was laughable.

‘We’re proud we are able to contend every year’ when in fact no club has lost more finals than Geelong in the last 15 years and the so called best coach in the competition has a 50% finals win record.

The media love fest for them is laughable and watching them slide into obscurity with a top heavy age list from next year will be glorious

F#ck them

The channel 7 post game interview with Dangerfield was laughable.

‘We’re proud we are able to contend every year’ when in fact no club has lost more finals than Geelong in the last 15 years and the so called best coach in the competition has a 50% finals win record.

The media love fest for them is laughable and watching them slide into obscurity with a top heavy age list from next year will be glorious

F#ck them
They know. It's all about flags. The rest is just window dressing.

the fact Isaac Smith won the Norm Smith made it insufferable. Sad to have his legacy tainted
This was the only thing that got me through it. Just kept telling Geelong supporters that after years of failing they needed a Hawks champion to get them over the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're a weird dude. It was said when Geelong were 26 points up and looking the goods. You then troll me once Brissy are back in it and again after the game. Good for you.

Anyway I'm very glad the Lions are through. Couldn't stomach the chance of another Cats flag.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
I said it when Geelong were up. Brisbane out played them the entire match except on the scoreboard, the dam had to break.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back