Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone explain the outrage over the Stewart bump on Lohman?
No eyes on the ball, no play on the ball, interfered with a player making a play on the ball.

People seriously need to drop the "finals have different interpretations of the rules"
I liked it tbh...It was fair and in the moment. It was a bad call, the umpire said...(sic) it seemed ott.

Can someone explain the outrage over the Stewart bump on Lohman?
No eyes on the ball, no play on the ball, interfered with a player making a play on the ball.

People seriously need to drop the "finals have different interpretations of the rules"
It's an interesting one.

Old school, saw an opportunity to inflict some damage and took it.

A cheap shot yes, once accepted.

Now is different.

Stewart's only intention was to inflict injury on the opposing player (not necessarily serious injury).

Our game is changing. Player welfare and limiting injuries are a priority for those in charge.

Stewart's action had the potential to cause serious injury. If it had, the AFL would be forced to legislate similar actions out of the game in the off season.

It's an interesting one.

Old school, saw an opportunity to inflict some damage and took it.

A cheap shot yes, once accepted.

Now is different.

Stewart's only intention was to inflict injury on the opposing player (not necessarily serious injury).

Our game is changing. Player welfare and limiting injuries are a priority for those in charge.

Stewart's action had the potential to cause serious injury. If it had, the AFL would be forced to legislate similar actions out of the game in the off season.
I see. Reasonable take. But they have to enforce that stringently, all season every game, and educate the commentary team. We need to know what the rules of engagement are...more so the Players.

Have the Hawks beaten every premier in the regular season since our three-peat or am I wrong?

If I was a gambling man I'd have my money on Brissie with those stats.
Didn't beat the premier in any of '17 '18 or '19. We are the only team to have beaten or drawn with every premiership side since the start of the 20s though.

Sydney best team all year (apart from a six week stutter late in the season) v Lions probs the more talented list, but playing their fourth final (and third consecutively on the road)... 🤔

Lions are the second team to play 27 games in a VFL/AFL season, after North Melbourne in 1977.
Stand corrected 5 flags they have won.
Given that these spud clubs love to count their VFA flags, it’s 5 VFA and 5 VFL/AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney best team all year (apart from a six week stutter late in the season) v Lions probs the more talented list, but playing their fourth final (and third consecutively on the road)... 🤔

Lions are the second team to play 27 games in a VFL/AFL season, after North Melbourne in 1977.

Given that these spud clubs love to count their VFA flags, it’s 5 VFA and 5 VFL/AFL.

Counting flags from the amateur era is dishonest imo.

It doesn't relate at all to the AFL in particular, but at worst you cut it off when the VFL was established.

Friggin' 1800s flags belong in a history museum, not a modern day book of AFL statistics.

Not sure where to put this question, Mods feel free to move.

After watching the VFL GF today, what was the reason the AFL gave for granting a non existant team a license over a established team like the Southport Sharks?
Control. The afl want to own the club.

Is this accurate now after tigers won 3?
Yes. Because it only goes up to 2014. (Hawthorn won three since then - Unless you were born in or after October.)

I’m hoping for a Brissie win, blowout last quarter to really stick the knife in the heart of the Cats.
It will be the new one that got away for them, ala 2008 and 13. ‘If we didn’t have injuries, Covid, gastro and coaches fainting we woulda won it easily’

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back