Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

From vast tracts of the Hawthorn fans. So you are calling a lot of Hawthorn fans dickheads.
Maybe you were sitting in the dickhead section? Where I was sitting for all the games I attended, there was a lot of love for Chol.

From vast tracts of the Hawthorn fans. So you are calling a lot of Hawthorn fans dickheads.

'Vast tracts' - mate, lay off thesauras.com or at least use the words you find there in the correct context.

It's basic statistics honestly. The fact that his 9 goal game is 4 standard deviations above the mean would disqualify it from any real analysis.
It's also an exception from the overall population of performances across an entire season. I can counter he still kicked 34 goals aside from that, which is what Mabior got more or less. Can you tell me any time Mabior looked in danger of booting 9 when we were belting sides in the back of the season? No, he was shanking shots from 15 metres out and fluffing primary school lunch time Capper attempts.

It's also an exception from the overall population of performances across an entire season. I can counter he still kicked 34 goals aside from that, which is what Mabior got more or less. Can you tell me any time Mabior looked in danger of booting 9 when we were belting sides in the back of the season? No, he was shanking shots from 15 metres out and fluffing primary school lunch time Capper attempts.

Compare Amartey's pressure acts and tackles I50 and get back to me. Chol isn't there to kick 40-50 goals a season. Chol's goalkicking accuracy was actually better than Amartey's also.

Amartey would not be playing senior footy at Hawthorn if he was on our list - and he certainly wouldn't be in the side in place of Chol.

Even without Mitch Lewis playing this year our forward line was the most cohesive and dangerous it has been in close to a decade. Chol was a big part of that - and any dickhead posters or supporters in the crowd who refuse to take their blinkers off based on preconceived notions of Mabior can genuinely go **** themselves.

Last edited:
No, he was shanking shots from 15 metres out and fluffing primary school lunch time Capper attempts.

So Chol has more room for growth and a higher ceiling in a side that didn't perform as consistently; a better ability to apply physical tackling pressure, relies less on a dominant team performance, and has an identified pathway to scoring growth?

Sold!

What you don't seem to understand is football is a simple game. (Which means it is far too complicated for you to figure out).

How many goals was Chol responsible for because of his tackling pressure keeping the ball in the forward line? You don't know, because you were looking at his imperfections.

What you don't seem to understand is football is a simple game. (Which means it is far too complicated for you to figure out).

How many goals was Chol responsible for because of his tackling pressure keeping the ball in the forward line? You don't know, because you were looking at his imperfections.

Defore the season, we were expressing that the hawks fwd line may have low defensive pressure.
As it worked out it grew over the season and was outstanding at times

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with Neal is he makes things very few can do look very easy. That's always been the measure of the greats imo. That it's not always done on struggle street in a lather of sweat.
BOOM!
Where as selwood looked hard at it, if he was a * player he'd be considered brave

Again, you're responding to an argument I haven't actually made. LIke the others here you're getting your back up on a simple statement comparing goals scored. Never have I said Mabior is terrible, just that Joel Amartey's goal output was comparable. It's season over, calm down.

Yes, we’ve got plenty of dickheads.
Which gets balanced out by the clique of koolaid drinkers. They seem poles apart but not that much separates them and when the stars align, they all become Hawthorn always.
Then they go back to being dickheads & koolaiders

Which gets balanced out by the clique of koolaid drinkers. They seem poles apart but not that much separates them and when the stars align, they all become Hawthorn always.
Then they go back to being dickheads & koolaiders

If all flogs are dickheads, and all koolaiders are flogs, then all koolaiders are dickheads.

A) TRUE
B) FALSE

Maybe you were sitting in the dickhead section? Where I was sitting for all the games I attended, there was a lot of love for Chol.
I had the same experience. One guy yelled out and he was told to shut it by Hawks supporters. I reckon the majority are in his corner. When you get a big enough crowd, even a small percentage groaning is still well and truly audible. But I guess it depends where you're sitting.

Defore the season, we were expressing that the hawks fwd line may have low defensive pressure.
As it worked out it grew over the season and was outstanding at times
Dear and Watson were crucial to this.
First year players who transformed our F50 offensively and defensively.

Chol was good at this as well. Excellent at times. Somewhat unexpectedly.

Again, you're responding to an argument I haven't actually made. LIke the others here you're getting your back up on a simple statement comparing goals scored. Never have I said Mabior is terrible, just that Joel Amartey's goal output was comparable. It's season over, calm down.
So you decide to rant again, with the word "again" despite the fact it was my first ever response to you. You clearly don't like the bloke. He's your whipping boy and you were probably one of the people Sam referred to in that post game presser early on in the year. All I am asking is to get your facts straight. One of the best kicks for goal in the team, yet you likened him to Warwick Capper, who kicked 388.235. Among the higher accuracies of goal kickers in history. Yet I am certain you were trying to denigrate him with that comparison.

So you decide to rant again, with the word "again" despite the fact it was my first ever response to you. You clearly don't like the bloke. He's your whipping boy and you were probably one of the people Sam referred to in that post game presser early on in the year. All I am asking is to get your facts straight. One of the best kicks for goal in the team, yet you likened him to Warwick Capper, who kicked 388.235. Among the higher accuracies of goal kickers in history. Yet I am certain you were trying to denigrate him with that comparison.
LOL. Seek help.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back