Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Alrighty - tin foil time and all that...

We are linked to three players, all of whom have baggage attached - mostly through no fault of their own.

Josh Battle has been concussed 4 times in the last 3 seasons and has sustained multiple facial and ankle fractures.

I'm firmly of the opinion that we should be extra vigilant with these 'super-brave' types of player - Lynch,Murphy and Brayshaw being the latest victims of concussion.

Bailey Smith off an ACL and a drug-strike.

Tyson Stengle was again in bother in Geelong alongside Marc Bliclavs a few months back (The video is on here somewhere) - and has been done for drink-driving (fine) and drugs (councelled).

I'm not saying Leopards don't change spots, but I am saying that we have a very very young list - lets be careful of the culture here that we want these kids to develop in.

I'm not too sure why we are all in love with Josh Battle all of a sudden?

Does he fill an urgent void - especially with Blanck and Phillips to return and Frost and Scrimshaw in career best form.
Serong is still on the books and was playing 3 rounds ago. Scaife and McCabe are yet to debut.

Smith - adds an extra bit of zing around the contest, but is that something we don't already have in Weddle?
I do see it with Smith, but already there is a back and forth about Geelong and Collingwood, so are we really certain we aren't a bargaining tool (again?)

Stengle - no, just no.
Ginnivan and Watson were recruited for this very purpose and Bennets is waiting. Hard pass with his off-field issues.

All I'm saying is - please do due diligence on these guys - and I'm sure we will - but are we sure with all the $$$ that we have, and the pathway our playing group is taking that we wouldn't be better served going to the draft and keeping the $$$ to pay up for the kids we have?

I get the argument with Smith, but the other two just seem to be surplus to what we already have, especially with Battle having multiple recent concussions.
We are not linked to Stengle.

I am not stressing over battle, would it be nice yes. However not the end of the world.

I am really keen to let McCabe run a muck, if he has the Calsher Dear impact in 2025 on a HBF that’s a win. 😁

* An another key 🔐 for our next premiership tilt.

From Battle and Smith being all big done to Battle staying and Smith going to Geelong. What a ride.
Vintage 60S GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Battle joins us, he is the player that assures us a quick ascension to the top again. :muscle:

If he stays at the Saints, he is handy B grader at best and Blancky is back next year anyway.:rolleyes:

Am I doing this right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back