Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not directly attacking any valuable itks I'm just mentioning how easy it is for people to make stuff up. It went from battle is coming to hawthorn, to he's staying at st kilda, to he's coming to hawthorn in the span of a week.
The backwards and forwards you mention that get's floated is just posturing which is likely from Battle's manager. The last I checked any good manager doing his job does this for their client up the amount of $$$ they can get. Wether that be from the club he's already at or the one they want to get to. Let's just hope that this time we're not being used to pump up the $$$ from the club the FA is already at.

I'm not directly attacking any valuable itks I'm just mentioning how easy it is for people to make stuff up. It went from battle is coming to hawthorn, to he's staying at st kilda, to he's coming to hawthorn in the span of a week.

Fair call! Just seen a fair bit of people thinking it’s a sport to smash the ITK posters the past few offseasons and it’s a bit frustrating because they’re likely the same posters who’d whinge if there was zero intel on the thread.

Max Gruzewski debuts for GWS this weekend.

I hope we are all over this kid - behind Cadman and Hogan.

No limit to this kids upside IMHO.

Just needs to kick a bit straighter, but has the size, speed, acceleration and footy smarts to have a bright future.

GWS will be squeezed for $$$ as well you'd think if they hang onto Perryman.

Him and Mac Andrew would both be 10 yr KPP.

I hope we at least ask both the question.
How is his goal kicking? I have only seen him play once and that was against BHH last week and he missed 48 shots before kicking one. Is this an area he needs to improve in? Everything else was looking good though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not so black and white. Players change their mind as the season goes on, as such, people hear different things at different times. They are only reporting what they hear.

The only times it is ever definitive is if they re-sign at their current club or an official announcement has been made during trade week. Until then, just take them for the interesting tidbits they are and don't stress of their seemingly contradicting nature.

Sometimes people hear what they want to hear too.
I know a (now retired) player who in his contract years would be asked by all sorts of family, friends and randoms “would you go to club x?”
Sometimes his answer was yes (friends there, other reasons)
But it didn’t mean he’d leave where he was either. And if a players concerns that might convince him to leave are addressed then he might well prefer to stay.

Ultimately, players come and go. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad we’re throwing big cash at every key forward that is nearing the end of their contract, the worst case scenario is we miss them but their club is forced to pay much more than they intended.

Best case scenario, we land one and set our forward line up for 6-7 years.

Because not every poster is just a somebody.
Most if not all the ITK posters here are in the know with Hawthorn which is not a reliable or knowledgeable organisation on their recruitment targets.

You will have ITKs from 4 clubs thinking a player is coming and all have received information from good sources in clubs.

But unless your Bailey Smith's mum, they don't really know.

I remember I had strong information regarding Tom Lynch yet 3 club were confident they had him secured. The media were on the money stating Richmond but I think they decided before Tom did as he was very open to Collingwood and Hawthorn offers late and even had his manager approach Geelong but they weren't able to arrange a competitive deal. Was very undecided even when many of those clubs were certain they had him or that different rival did.

No point arguing over it, I'll send a PM
No need to continue the discussion.
You're correct.
Others can think what they want.

*in saying this, HAD WE BEEN IN POSITION TO SELECT ONE OR THE OTHER, it was the wrong decision & almost certainly will prove to be the wrong decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back