Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Weā€™re getting Will Phillips, arenā€™t we??

Absolutely not. He'd be stupid to nominate us anyway.

I'd be staggered if he doesn't end up at one of Adelaide, the Dogs, Richmond or Geelong.

3 of those teams need all the midfield depth they can get and the Dogs will potentially be without both Smith and Macrae heading into next year.

How can somebody just walk in here and say weā€™re not getting x or y and we automatically believe them lol
Because not every poster is just a somebody.

I wouldn't be calling Battle a world beater but I definitely wouldnt be calling him a B/C grade defender lol

if we compare him to Sicily

• Battle has 2.3 defensive 1v1 contests a game compared to Sicily having 1.6 (this is when a player and opponent directly have the contest not packs or anything like that, they are in isolation)
  • in the 2.3 contests Battle has a 23.3% loss rate so on the other side of the coin he at worst breaks even at 76.7% compared to Sicily 27.8% loss rate on his 1.6 contests
  • Battle out tackles Sicily 1.4 to 1.3
  • Sicily pips him in Pressure Acts 8.8 to 7.5
  • Battle has more spoils 3.8 to 3.4
  • its even at 2.6 intercept marks

When you add to that the fact you wont need to trade anything to get him just use cap space and it adds value. He is also only 26 heading into next year so he meets the age criteria.

He has played at both ends and has played on the wing too so his flexibility helps Sam with his magnets

I am in the camp of okay why not? I see what some are saying with well he isnt a stud but if you say no to everyone along the way and dont get the stud whats the point of that? Just end up with Jerry Seinfeld's love life
Gibbo, Hale, Henderson, Mass, Chol, Ginni etc etc werenā€™t studs either.

He is ahead of most of these players when we brought them in too. Battle would be an excellent get especially considering we donā€™t need to give anything apart from cash which we have plenty of.

Love his versatility and has been one of the saints best this year and likely top 5 in the bnf.

Itā€™s a no brainer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints are simply playing the emotional connection card, one last roll of the dice ā€œ we drafted and youā€™re one of us ā€œ.

If he stays so be it, if he comes welcome aboard. Call me bias but I think you made the right choice for long term success.

No hard feelings either way! The Hawks will rise to the battle each week with or without Josh.

I feel we are closer to success than the saints.

Max Gruzewski debuts for GWS this weekend.

I hope we are all over this kid - behind Cadman and Hogan.

No limit to this kids upside IMHO.

Just needs to kick a bit straighter, but has the size, speed, acceleration and footy smarts to have a bright future.

GWS will be squeezed for $$$ as well you'd think if they hang onto Perryman.

Him and Mac Andrew would both be 10 yr KPP.

I hope we at least ask both the question.

Just needs to kick a bit straighter, but has the size, speed, acceleration and footy smarts to have a bright future.

Pies 2nd youā€™d think would get it done

Weā€™re we into him in his draft year anyone know?

Genuine question - how do you propose we get Mac both from a cost and opportunity perspective?

Prior to the season starting I would agree, but now he is firmly entrenched into their side and would command at least a high first round pick?

My aunt's friend's brother's cousin told me battle might go to hawthorn or he might not šŸ˜’. Says he knows a guy who knows a guy who lives next door.šŸ§

There are some people who do get info here - sometimes things change and after they've stuck their necks out for our viewing pleasure people then come for the knees because they weirdly take glee in being the 'haha you were wrong!' person on here. We have had some posters who have departed and some who no longer post the tidbits that come their way because of this. So be a dick to the ITK posters all you like - but these threads will be all the poorer for it.

There are some people who do get info here - sometimes things change and after they've stuck their necks out for our viewing pleasure people then come for the knees because they weirdly take glee in being the 'haha you were wrong!' person on here. We have had some posters who have departed and some who no longer post the tidbits that come their way because of this. So be a dick to the ITK posters all you like - but these threads will be all the poorer for it.
I'm not directly attacking any valuable itks I'm just mentioning how easy it is for people to make stuff up. It went from battle is coming to hawthorn, to he's staying at st kilda, to he's coming to hawthorn in the span of a week.

I'm not directly attacking any valuable itks I'm just mentioning how easy it is for people to make stuff up. It went from battle is coming to hawthorn, to he's staying at st kilda, to he's coming to hawthorn in the span of a week.
It's not so black and white. Players change their mind as the season goes on, as such, people hear different things at different times. They are only reporting what they hear.

The only times it is ever definitive is if they re-sign at their current club or an official announcement has been made during trade week. Until then, just take them for the interesting tidbits they are and don't stress of their seemingly contradicting nature.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back