Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Missing out on Battle and Smith hurts a little.

Battle - because he's a FA and is a handy player in the right age bracket and offers some flexibility.

Smith - because he's a potential gun, is the perfect age/profile, and (IMO) would fit seamlessly into our midfield/HFF rotation.

Also chosing Geelong over us stings, but they are more desperate than we are. Though it would have been good to get one over them and put a dent in their rebuild on the run plans.

But at the end of our day the development shown by the whole team makes missing out on these two less of a blow than it otherwise could have been. We've shown we can play quality football without them, and we still have lots of improvement and development left (Dear, Ward, Mackenzie, Weddle, etc. are not near their ceilings).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get barrass. Tough decisions have to be made to advance and spending first rounders on this guy is essential and was demonstrated today. Even with Blanck in this guy will do wonders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been thinking like this the whole time. I have a feeling and I really hope it's Noah Balta. I've watched Richmond games over the last few weeks, he has looked so frustrated and his domina looks like he's checked out. I hope his just waiting to tell the Tiges he wants to head down to the Hawks and be a part of our domination. I would be more than happy to offer a future 1st + 2x second rounders for him. Other than Sam Taylor (who is off the table) he would be the next best pick up for us to complete the puzzle.
Richmond won't give balta unless it's 2 first and a second ... they will come last next year pick 1 and if they lose him pick 2 next year which would be way better then pick 10 and 36

Just reported on 7 that we've told Barrass we're getting Battle and vice versa. If it's true, we must be confident of getting them both.
I didn’t see this? Did anyone else catch it? I’ve heard from an extremely reliable source that Barrass will be hawk but I’ve heard the opposite on Battle

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back