Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Aside from all the trade targets / free agents we have been linked to, we should be in the market for Elliot Himmelberg. With Lewis to miss most of next season, we need another tall presence in attack who can give Meek a chop out in the ruch. Yes Chol is doing that at present but at the expense of our forward line.

Would be very much like the David Hale move which reaped great benefits.

The topper is he is a free agent and costs us zero in terms of draft capital

Aside from all the trade targets / free agents we have been linked to, we should be in the market for Elliot Himmelberg. With Lewis to miss most of next season, we need another tall presence in attack who can give Meek a chop out in the ruch. Yes Chol is doing that at present but at the expense of our forward line.

On the upside he costs us no draft capital, on the downside, he’s a spud

He is an actual potato though

I cant recall anyone doing cartwheels when we recruited Hale but i would say it was a pretty shrewd move.

You also would have been Meeks biggest supporter when he trader O'Meara for him.............
He’s played 40 games in 8 seasons and shown nothing. You could use your argument to make a case for any spud that’s out of contract.

I guess we should thank Jesse Hogan and GWS for showing everyone we are in desperate need of
A. a full back and
B. a full forward.

I guess we should thank Jesse Hogan and GWS for showing everyone we are in desperate need of
A. a full back and
B. a full forward.
Umm we came out at the start of this season saying we need a kpd a kpf and another speedy outside mid. That hasn't changed. Fingers crossed Barrass is one of those 3

A. a full back and
B. a full forward.
Would like to see Scaife get a run soon to see if he can be the FF we need. He has some attributes that I feel will do well as an AFL Full Forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just reported on 7 that we've told Barrass we're getting Battle and vice versa. If it's true, we must be confident of getting them both.
7 New Melbourne have made no mention of this on the uploaded vids from their footy reports.

So the identified gaps in our list really hurt us today. One of the KP filled would have won us the game. If we want a tilt at it next year and why not the comp is now so even then we do what it takes for Barrass. Amon needs to go back on a wing he’s no defender and maybe weddle is the right side wing. Right now those positions are badly letting us down with Mass playing more of a defensive role which I actually like.

Took the Wizard to the cleaners today.
The Wiz didn’t have a great day on the stats sheet, Ginni had a lot more possessions but I thought Wiz felt like he had more impact in patches. He kicks those goals and pulls down that mark and not a bad day given the opportunities.
In the last quarter when they were dominating and getting all their rebound from the back line Perryman was barely sighted.
Not fair to judge him off one game but I don’t go out of my way to watch the Giants, was expecting to see a bit more given the money that is claimed to be thrown at him by clubs. Was left a bit underwhelmed

The Wiz didn’t have a great day on the stats sheet, Ginni had a lot more possessions but I thought Wiz felt like he had more impact in patches. He kicks those goals and pulls down that mark and not a bad day given the opportunities.
In the last quarter when they were dominating and getting all their rebound from the back line Perryman was barely sighted.
Not fair to judge him off one game but I don’t go out of my way to watch the Giants, was expecting to see a bit more given the money that is claimed to be thrown at him by clubs. Was left a bit underwhelmed
Ginni was clearly carrying his injury. Combined with Jack and Bruest disaster. As was Sic. We have got to send out our best, let alone fully fit. If Jack and Bruest are our best we are truly struggling.

Ginni was clearly carrying his injury. Combined with Jack and Bruest disaster. As was Sic. We have got to send out our best, let alone fully fit. If Jack and Bruest are our best we are truly struggling.
Agree with most of your post, but Jack played a defensive job on the best defender in the comp, took him out of the game and kicked four, reckon he was one of our best today.
I don’t think both Breust and Jack offer more than playing one of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back