Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody Hell

Kosi Pickett to request trade out of Melbourne

He's a loose cannon at times - but what a weapon potentially he could be as a midfielder / half-forward hybrid.

There's always room for a player of his ability and age.

Hit the 'like' if you agree!
He has a 1cm on Watson, what a hilarious combo that would be to watch

If he does go given his young one you would think it would be a WA/SA move for additional family support.

Last edited:
So temptation got the better of me. That ‘trade preacher’ guy does the usual of reporting already known stuff then pretends he’s some kind of insider. He’s the trade whisperer with slightly better grammar.
Sounds like he does the hard work for me by researching all the goss and putting it in one easy to find space!
Queen Laughing GIF

Getting a bit sick of Wards name always being thrown up. He is the perfect player to drive standards/culture and at the moment will keep others looking over their shoulder to not lose their spot. Players will retire players will get injured he will make it in the Brown and Gold …… we have been using our first round picks over the last 3/4 years for a reason! Patience it’s coming together beautifully setting ourselves up for the next decade.

Getting a bit sick of Wards name always being thrown up. He is the perfect player to drive standards/culture and at the moment will keep others looking over their shoulder to not lose their spot. Players will retire players will get injured he will make it in the Brown and Gold …… we have been using our first round picks over the last 3/4 years for a reason! Patience it’s coming together beautifully setting ourselves up for the next decade.
I reckon the dogs have asked for ward and change

It may be about Ward looking for opportunity- he is prob best 26 - but I reckon he’d want more game time

From afar and purely speculating... He seems to have a no nonsense, head down bum up, earn your spot approach. No doubt he would want to be playing every week, but I don't think he would be in a rush to jump ship now.

Getting a bit sick of Wards name always being thrown up. He is the perfect player to drive standards/culture and at the moment will keep others looking over their shoulder to not lose their spot. Players will retire players will get injured he will make it in the Brown and Gold …… we have been using our first round picks over the last 3/4 years for a reason! Patience it’s coming together beautifully for the next decade.

I don't think we are actively looking at trading Ward, but clubs will be enquiring, as they should, considering he is currently a fringe player at present. I'm confident he will be staying, but he's far from an untouchable though.

I will leave you with this to think on.

Sid won a ticket in a raffle to go to the Grand Final at the MCG. When he gets inside the ground he realizes that the seat is not so great and he cannot get a good view of the action. About five minutes into the game, however, he spots an empty seat about ten rows up on the wing. He decides to take a chance and makes his way to the empty seat. As he sits down he asks the gentleman sitting next to him, “Excuse me, is anyone sitting here?”
“No. help yourself,” he replied. “This is incredible!” said Sid. “I wonder, who in their right mind would have a seat like this at the Grand Final and not use it?”
The man replies, “Well, actually, the seat belongs to me, I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away. This is
the first Grand Final we haven’t been to together since we got married in 1967.”
“Well, I’m really sorry to hear that,” says Sid, “but all the same, couldn’t you find someone to take the seat? A relative or a
close friend?”
“No,” the man replies, “they’re all at the funeral.”

Priorities, man.;)
My mate bought two tickets to the Hawks Doggies game forgetting that date was the same as their wedding day so he obviously can’t go now. If you’re interested and want to go instead of him it’s at St.Andrews Church and her name is Julie

Another classic

I don't think we are actively looking at trading Ward, but clubs will be enquiring, as they should, considering he is currently a fringe player at present. I'm confident he will be staying, but he's far from an untouchable though.

If I'm Richmond, I'm offering one of the later first round selections they'll inevitably get their hands on.

Ward walks straight into that midfield alongside Hopper and Taranto.

If I'm Josh I probably don't want to go though.

Can't believe the saints are practically begging josh battle's management to eek out a few more dollars from Hawthorn so that the first round compo is activated! AFL really needs to step in not just for this particular trade but for future clubs manipulating the current set up . The Hawks knew this was coming and most likely oblige as we don't like to walk away from deals with incoming players. But, it smells like a rort to me. We've offered twice the cash the saints were paying josh, so, we've already made josh the offer he was happy with. But, the saints....beg til ya drop!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe the saints are practically begging josh battle's management to eek out a few more dollars from Hawthorn so that the first round compo is activated! AFL really needs to step in not just for this particular trade but for future clubs manipulating the current set up . The Hawks knew this was coming and most likely oblige as we don't like to walk away from deals with incoming players. But, it smells like a rort to me. We've offered twice the cash the saints were paying josh, so, we've already made josh the offer he was happy with. But, the saints....beg til ya drop!

The compensation has always been the stupidest part of free agency. Piss it off entirely.

It's the other way. Josh wants the Saints looked after. I'd say it's a condition of him leaving. That's why this thing has swung in the breeze for so long. No one knows what triggers band 1.

It's the other way. Josh wants the Saints looked after. I'd say it's a condition of him leaving. That's why this thing has swung in the breeze for so long. No one knows what triggers band 1.
Why? Its bloody strange that a bloke who is leaving a club to go to the club he has supported as a kid would even be worrying about what their current club get for him. He's purely wanting more cash. If Hawks turn around and say "No we aren't paying you what Saints are offering" He's not just going to go "oh well, I'll still come" he's going to stay at the Saints cause he is offered more money/years.

If you believe this latest flurry of news about Saints upping the offer - it shows exactly why FA rules need an overhaul.

What is being described is basically 'matching a bid' in a restricted free agent sense to force a trade. But instead of a trade it's to force a compo pick.

Ultimately - the reason clubs don't match these bids in a restricted free agent scenario is that they'll usually end up with a player that has spent 12 months working out details and conditions and a relationship with a new coach etc. i.e. it would be dumb to be left holding the can with someone so far out the door.

Well, that sounds weird though. The saints have definitely been in his ear about what it takes to trigger band 1 compo. If not, then josh is looking for more dollars in his contract. If no one knows what triggers a band one compo then it's a endless pit , throwing darts to trigger it and that's not good business for the HFC. Dare I say, if josh wants to come to Hawthorn like he'd indicated a while back, he just nominated us with the current and rather fat contract and sits back and let the two list management teams work it out . Trust me TD, this has saints begging all over it.

Very easy to want to look after the current club when to do so also means to get more money for yourself. 🤣

it's a good spin but ultimately he wins if we have to pay him band 1 type wages to get him over. Doubt he's doing it to boost Saint's draft hand.

Why? Its bloody strange that a bloke who is leaving a club to go to the club he has supported as a kid would even be worrying about what their current club get for him. He's purely wanting more cash. If Hawks turn around and say "No we aren't paying you what Saints are offering" He's not just going to go "oh well, I'll still come" he's going to stay at the Saints cause he is offered more money/years.

Correct 100%. We are talking about an adult here that has a wonderful opportunity to leave one employer for another.

All the back and forth, we have been hearing about for 4 months and now it’s time to make the call and you are still floating in the breeze. Crazy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back