Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

EX-BASKETBALLER HEADED TO HAWKS
FORMER basketballer Jaime Uhr-Henry will join Hawthorn's AFL list in 2025 as a Category B rookie.

The 21-year-old was a member of the Bulleen Boomers and the Dandenong Ranges in NBL One.

Uhr-Henry has spent some time training with Sam Mitchell's squad at Waverley Park in recent weeks and grew up as a Hawthorn supporter.

The 209cm is a project ruck who played some junior football for East Ringwood in the Eastern Football League, but focused predominantly on basketball.

Uhr-Henry hasn't played a game of football since under-17 level, but the Chirnside Park product was scouted by Hawks recruiting boss Mark McKenzie and becomes the latest former basketballer to land in the AFL.

Last edited:
Wouldn't worry about Battle situation. Saints offering an extra $50k or an extra year on an already lengthy deal isn't likely to move the needle if he's already made up his mind. And based on the available evidence he's decided to leave.

If I were in Battle’s shoes, I would for sure ‘listen’ to the St Kilda offer out of courtesy and respect, and this could be construed by some as being in two minds. But if I have made up my mind after due consideration, that’s it.

Midfield additions are no longer a priority. I feel Mackenzie will explode over the next season or two, Macdonald is likely to become a larger part of the midfield rotation, whilst Watson will be given bursts. Our versatility will continue to be one of our greatest strengths moving forward.

In saying that, it wouldn't surprise me if other teams make a serious play for Ward, HH, and Maginness.

Midfield additions are no longer a priority. I feel Mackenzie will explode over the next season or two, Macdonald is likely to become a larger part of the midfield rotation, whilst Watson will be given bursts. Our versatility will continue to be one of our greatest strengths moving forward.

In saying that, it wouldn't surprise me if other teams make a serious play for Ward, HH, and Maginness.

I think there would be a club out there that would offer a pick around 18-22 for Wardy.

Finn 25-30 ish I could see a club having a nibble and thinking they might have themselves a bargain.

Henners 30-45 range if a club like what he was doing at VFL level might take a punt.

Wild hypothetical... Sydney emerges late and secures Petracca.

They could certainly propose a more exciting player trade than Collingwood or Carlton.
Had this conversation this morning with a mate...what if Freo went really hard at Chad Warner and to replace him Swans get Trac...has a massive Swans feel to it the whole situation

I’m not sure what you mean by change but to me that’s 3rd round pics and lower. Two first rounders for Barrass is insanity. That’s all I’m saying. Imagine if we had traded for him last year, we wouldn’t have picked up Watson who will give us 15+ years of service. My position is that if we can bring in Barrass and Battle for a first rounder it’s a good result.
I don't like the grouping of battle into that. He's free, i see it every offseason pick X,y and z for player a,b and c when 2 of the players were free. And we overpaid for the 1.

Every deal should be a fair trade.

I don't really care too much about draft picks now I just want us to get all our targets and not lose any required players, including depth players.

Geelong are to delist Brandan Parfitt.

Goodness - I remember he started out as a guy who looked like being a really decent player.

Anyone know why?

Injuries, off-field stuff?

He seemed to be the 'next midfield star' a few years back for Geelong - now to be delisted.

Funny old game Footy.

Bailey Smith incoming.

I wonder if we will use our first for Barrass listening to Daniel Hoyne on Sen last night, in the rebuild a 1/3 of the players we picked up from other team we didn't use a top 20 pick.

Geelong are to delist Brandan Parfitt.

Goodness - I remember he started out as a guy who looked like being a really decent player.

Anyone know why?

Injuries, off-field stuff?

He seemed to be the 'next midfield star' a few years back for Geelong - now to be delisted.

Funny old game Footy.

He will probably end up at North

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never really understood the whole compensation thing, realistically there shouldn't be any compensation as the leaving player creates a void in your SC which you ca use to entice other players with. The receiving team is diminishing their SC means that fringe players might be forced out. That in itself is equalisation.

Attaching a compo to the free agent means that clubs can dodge the system for draft picks at the expense of clubs that aren't directly involved which is exactly against "equalisation", ie McKay last year where we got shafted back one spot
I think for that to come in, we need to loosen the free agency rules. Just make it anyone out of contract is a RFA and keep UFA as is with lower paid players with 8 years in AFL.

There's not enough free agents available for Stkilda to realistically redirect the cap space cleared.

I think there would be a club out there that would offer a pick around 18-22 for Wardy.

Finn 25-30 ish I could see a club having a nibble and thinking they might have themselves a bargain.

Henners 30-45 range if a club like what he was doing at VFL level might take a punt.
I cant see why we could consider letting ward or finn go…. We need them to create competition for midfield spots

So temptation got the better of me. That ‘trade preacher’ guy does the usual of reporting already known stuff then pretends he’s some kind of insider. He’s the trade whisperer with slightly better grammar.

I cant see why we could consider letting ward or finn go…. We need them to create competition for midfield spots
Ward and Finn are in very different groups for me. Ward it would take him wanting out and a very attractive offer (as far as i know he is totally happy here).

Finn i think if he wanted out we would probably be accommodating as long as we can find a way to get someone back that can help the club going forward.

So temptation got the better of me. That ‘trade preacher’ guy does the usual of reporting already known stuff then pretends he’s some kind of insider. He’s the trade whisperer with slightly better grammar.
I will never understand why people continue to give these twitter clowns any air time. They shit on mainstream journalists but will post anything these freaks post.

Just ignore them and let them disappear.

Bloody Hell

Kosi Pickett to request trade out of Melbourne

He's a loose cannon at times - but what a weapon potentially he could be as a midfielder / half-forward hybrid.

There's always room for a player of his ability and age.

Hit the 'like' if you agree!

Last edited:
I don't like the grouping of battle into that. He's free, i see it every offseason pick X,y and z for player a,b and c when 2 of the players were free. And we overpaid for the 1.

Every deal should be a fair trade.

I don't really care too much about draft picks now I just want us to get all our targets and not lose any required players, including depth players.
Well according to list experts we need more KPD's KPF's and elite mids.

Battle and Barrass only tick one of those boxes. Who is the depth for forward line and midfield? Scaife and Husthwaite?

Always possible that anything they got wrong in previous years has been deleted/hidden to create the illusion that they've always had good info.

Also if someone did have such a good hit rate with trade news then why share it anonymously for free? Put your name to it and then go get a job in the media and become the best news breaker in the biz, or at the very least sell your info to other journos.

I will never understand why people continue to give these twitter clowns any air time. They shit on mainstream journalists but will post anything these freaks post.

Just ignore them and let them disappear.
Let’s wait and see, but he has a far superior strike rate than the supposed ‘ITKs’ in here…

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back