Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps some supporters undervalue our players too.
It’s the same jokers saying we should empty the bank for Barrass that want us to offload our fringe players for peanuts. It’s just ridiculous. If everyone’s playing fair and we aren’t over paying for the guys we bring in (that’s right im talking to you west coast) then I don’t mind being friendly and facilitating other deals but the problem is that’s not how we have traded for a long time. We’ve over paid and under sold for almost a decade and a lot of supporters find it infuriating.

It’s the same jokers saying we should empty the bank for Barrass that want us to offload our fringe players for peanuts. It’s just ridiculous. If everyone’s playing fair and we aren’t over paying for the guys we bring in (that’s right im talking to you west coast) then I don’t mind being friendly and facilitating other deals but the problem is that’s not how we have traded for a long time. We’ve over paid and under sold for almost a decade and a lot of supporters find it infuriating.
Forget about the last decade! Move on. Last year we acquired Ginnivan, D’Ambrosio, Chol and Gunston and under paid for all of them. We are about to land a good piece under free agency in Battle.

Forget about the last decade! Move on. Last year we acquired Ginnivan, D’Ambrosio, Chol and Gunston and under paid for all of them. We are about to land a good piece under free agency in Battle.
Yes,
With any trade, if both sets of supporters aren’t happy, it probably means the trade was fair, most are. Also some here overvalue picks compared to a quality player filling a list need.

The way we’re walking away Bailey Smith and Harry Perryman, makes me think we have another player secured for 2024.

No inside info, just reviewing what we do know … Which is we’ve walked away from two players who seem keen.
Not sure about this year, I think we are done. I have no doubt however we will go after Harley, bring mates with the Wizard might help…one can dream

Correct. A 2nd rounder or he's going nowhere.

When we signed Nash on that long term deal the cast was set for a few. That Nash deal for me was a very interesting call as he doesn’t play forward or back and something we are kind of locked into now.

If Finn has a 3 year offer at 500k per year and a starting position in a side do you think Hawthorn is going to stop him pursuing that, when he has 1 year remaining on 275k (estimated) and no guarantee of a game with us?

If he wants to go we are not holding him back for a season. It’s not how Hawthorn operates.

We will get a pick around 30-35 range for him.

Starting best 22 players I agree, you need to drive a hard bargain for.

Richmond and Yze would be absolutely crazy to not try and get him over to them .

Players that play 8-12 senior games each year and are being promised a full time role elsewhere makes it very hard for the club to drive a hard bargain and stop them from progressing in his career.

If Finn has a 3 year deal and a guaranteed starting position in a senior side his management would be absolutely crazy to not try and get him out of Hawthorn right now instead of spending another 12 months at Box Hill waiting for an injury so he can get a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back