Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps some supporters undervalue our players too.
It’s the same jokers saying we should empty the bank for Barrass that want us to offload our fringe players for peanuts. It’s just ridiculous. If everyone’s playing fair and we aren’t over paying for the guys we bring in (that’s right im talking to you west coast) then I don’t mind being friendly and facilitating other deals but the problem is that’s not how we have traded for a long time. We’ve over paid and under sold for almost a decade and a lot of supporters find it infuriating.

It’s the same jokers saying we should empty the bank for Barrass that want us to offload our fringe players for peanuts. It’s just ridiculous. If everyone’s playing fair and we aren’t over paying for the guys we bring in (that’s right im talking to you west coast) then I don’t mind being friendly and facilitating other deals but the problem is that’s not how we have traded for a long time. We’ve over paid and under sold for almost a decade and a lot of supporters find it infuriating.
Forget about the last decade! Move on. Last year we acquired Ginnivan, D’Ambrosio, Chol and Gunston and under paid for all of them. We are about to land a good piece under free agency in Battle.

Forget about the last decade! Move on. Last year we acquired Ginnivan, D’Ambrosio, Chol and Gunston and under paid for all of them. We are about to land a good piece under free agency in Battle.
Yes,
With any trade, if both sets of supporters aren’t happy, it probably means the trade was fair, most are. Also some here overvalue picks compared to a quality player filling a list need.

The way we’re walking away Bailey Smith and Harry Perryman, makes me think we have another player secured for 2024.

No inside info, just reviewing what we do know … Which is we’ve walked away from two players who seem keen.
Not sure about this year, I think we are done. I have no doubt however we will go after Harley, bring mates with the Wizard might help…one can dream

Correct. A 2nd rounder or he's going nowhere.

When we signed Nash on that long term deal the cast was set for a few. That Nash deal for me was a very interesting call as he doesn’t play forward or back and something we are kind of locked into now.

If Finn has a 3 year offer at 500k per year and a starting position in a side do you think Hawthorn is going to stop him pursuing that, when he has 1 year remaining on 275k (estimated) and no guarantee of a game with us?

If he wants to go we are not holding him back for a season. It’s not how Hawthorn operates.

We will get a pick around 30-35 range for him.

Starting best 22 players I agree, you need to drive a hard bargain for.

Richmond and Yze would be absolutely crazy to not try and get him over to them .

Players that play 8-12 senior games each year and are being promised a full time role elsewhere makes it very hard for the club to drive a hard bargain and stop them from progressing in his career.

If Finn has a 3 year deal and a guaranteed starting position in a senior side his management would be absolutely crazy to not try and get him out of Hawthorn right now instead of spending another 12 months at Box Hill waiting for an injury so he can get a game.

Essendons 27 feels about right to me for Finn if he decided to leave. I think a neutral would say that’s a bit high, but at the end of the day he’s contracted and can’t see that we’d have an interest in letting him go for much less.
He had a really good finals series.

Injuries to McKenzie and Day opened the door for him but he performed well and that's what would have caught another team's eye and that's what we need to base negotiations around.

Of course the other club will say "you played him in the seconds half the year" and we'll say "but he's contracted and played final well" and depending how far apart those two things are it'll work out somewhere sensible eventually

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies won the flag last year with Mihocek and a potato as their KPF's, this year Sydney will probably win the flag with 3 tall potatoes, they're nice to have but not essential provided you have enough talent in other areas.
My apologies to all the russets, red royales and kipflers out there. Wowsers, those 3 stunk it up today.

Essendons 27 feels about right to me for Finn if he decided to leave. I think a neutral would say that’s a bit high, but at the end of the day he’s contracted and can’t see that we’d have an interest in letting him go for much less.
It might be a good year to trade with essendon if their new guy is on a mission to appear easy to trade with.

Wonder if anyone will shake out of Swans? They need to change that list up. Backs and forwards
My apologies to all the russets, red royales and kipflers out there. Wowsers, those 3 stunk it up today.
l have previously labelled Amartey as the “Temu” version of Buddy but I feel like I am besmirching the good people at Temu after todays performance from Farty Marty 😬

Can we please just once hang onto a son of a gun until they at least get to 100 games with us, just for the romance that one day we won't have another Josh Kennedy scenario.

l have previously labelled Amartey as the “Temu” version of Buddy but I feel like I am besmirching the good people at Temu after todays performance from Farty Marty 😬
That 9 goal performance is gonna get him his next 5 year contract but sheesh - the guy just cannot compete. Unless he's 5m out in front on a lead he's guaranteed not getting the ball

That 9 goal performance is gonna get him his next 5 year contract but sheesh - the guy just cannot compete. Unless he's 5m out in front on a lead he's guaranteed not getting the ball
He reminds me a bit of Kossy, an athlete who has NFI about what he is actually meant to be doing out on the field.

Still he’s young I guess he could get better, although I wouldn’t be throwing any long term contracts his way till he does.

I think Finn is worth between 25-35 due to being contracted. So bombers pick 28 (which will end up around 30) or Finn and 30 to Sydney for 19. Feels a touch overs for Finn, but like I've said, he's contracted.

Personally I can't see Finn requesting a trade, but I think that's only because I can't see any self proclaimed Hawthorn nuffie ever wanting to put on that God awful red sash. Gross.

But, it is his job so he probably approaches these decisions with more maturity than that. As great as his finals season was, Day and Cam need to come back in and barring any injuries he will be in a tight tussle to make the 22.

I think Reeves is worth between 30-40, but I could see a club paying a bit more if they really need a ruck. Who is in the market for a tap ruck?

I think Finn is worth between 25-35 due to being contracted. So bombers pick 28 (which will end up around 30) or Finn and 30 to Sydney for 19. Feels a touch overs for Finn, but like I've said, he's contracted.

Personally I can't see Finn requesting a trade, but I think that's only because I can't see any self proclaimed Hawthorn nuffie ever wanting to put on that God awful red sash. Gross.

But, it is his job so he probably approaches these decisions with more maturity than that. As great as his finals season was, Day and Cam need to come back in and barring any injuries he will be in a tight tussle to make the 22.

I think Reeves is worth between 30-40, but I could see a club paying a bit more if they really need a ruck. Who is in the market for a tap ruck?

With Seans losing the GF they may over pay to get Finn if they think he will help get them back to the GF, even Lewis would help how there forward line performed today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back