Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

D'Ambrosio has been great so far this season.

I doubt he's spent at least 50% of his time lining-up on the wing though. It would be interesting to see the numbers.

And if he has spent the majority of the time on a wing then it begs the question, why are we still forcing Amon into defence. D'Ambrosio could play a similar role.

Yeah like cryptor says he’s played 84% time in the midfield but my eyes must be cheating me because I find that so hard to believe.

Amons heatmaps look the same as Dambrosio anyway, and we’re happy to call him a defender so fk knows. I’m dying on this hill either way.

Yeah like cryptor says he’s played 84% time in the midfield but my eyes must be cheating me because I find that so hard to believe.

Amons heatmaps look the same as Dambrosio anyway, and we’re happy to call him a defender so fk knows. I’m dying on this hill either way.

Champion Data used to be laughed at on here. Their lists of "elite" players over the years has been bemusing to say the least. Though the numbers I like (when it comes to D'Ambrosio here) are the possession efficiency percentages, they are pretty black and white.

As for the heat maps - it's probably because the ball has lived in the D50 for most of the season.

Last edited:
Champion Data used to be laughed at on here. Their lists of "elite" players over the years has can bemusing to say the least. Though the numbers I like (when it comes to D'Ambrosio here) are the possession efficiency percentages, they are pretty black and white.

As for the heat maps - it's probably because the ball has lived in the D50 for most of the season.

I enjoy some of the nuanced stats, I just feel like a lot of them get bent in ways to create certain narratives by Hoyne/CD that he claims are folklore.

I love dambrosios ball use though he is probably one of our best 2/3 kicks. If you wanted you could also bend the efficiency stat in a way to suggest that he doesn’t take enough risk and maybe takes the safe option more often than not. I’d love to see him have a crack at the corridor more often when it’s there.

I enjoy some of the nuanced stats, I just feel like a lot of them get bent in ways to create certain narratives by Hoyne/CD that he claims are folklore.

I love dambrosios ball use though he is probably one of our best 2/3 kicks. If you wanted you could also bend the efficiency stat in a way to suggest that he doesn’t take enough risk and maybe takes the safe option more often than not. I’d love to see him have a crack at the corridor more often when it’s there.
Hoyne had him as the number 1 rated winger in the comp using their 100x system which specifically takes into account the difficulty rating of disposals. So he's probably successfully hitting risky kicks more often than you think. And personally I think he makes some difficult kicks look incredibly easy.

I tried to find it without seeing anything relevant, but had Isaac Cumming been mentioned?

I know outside mid was something the club identified as being a need, he’s a great user, and would cost us nothing.

Haven’t really seen anything about him, probably because he’s at the giants and injured.

He's not very good.

I didn't say James Borlase was good. I said he's shown a bit in patches of the 4 games he's played.

I said he is a 21 yr old KPD that had played only 4 games and was worth keeping an eye on throughout the season.

I thought you were the poster boy for not writing off young blokes too early?

Considering our KPD stocks are abject, then we need to look at all options.

We get Blanck back hopefully in 2025, and maybe the two draftees come on in time.

If they don't we remain thin down back.

Borlase and Caleb Graham are probably the only OOC options going.

So we look at them over this season - both being young men at the start of their careers - and decide if there is anything worth working with.

If not we can go back to throwing hugely inflated offers at seasons end to this years equivalent of McKay and Esava, (whoever they may be) and wait for them to knock it back and be left exactly where we are now.

With Blanck McCabe Dear Phillips and Frost.

So yes, we need to look at all options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't say James Borlase was good. I said he's shown a bit in patches of the 4 games he's played.

I said he is a 21 yr old KPD that had played only 4 games and was worth keeping an eye on throughout the season.

I thought you were the poster boy for not writing off young blokes too early?

Considering our KPD stocks are abject, then we need to look at all options.

We get Blanck back hopefully in 2025, and maybe the two draftees come on in time.

If they don't we remain thin down back.

Borlase and Caleb Graham are probably the only OOC options going.

So we look at them over this season - both being young men at the start of their careers - and decide if there is anything worth working with.

If not we can go back to throwing hugely inflated offers at seasons end to this years equivalent of McKay and Esava, (whoever they may be) and wait for them to knock it back and be left exactly where we are now.

With Blanck McCabe Dear Phillips and Frost.

So yes, we need to look at all options.
I didn’t even respond to your post.

Sure. But you responded to my suggestion.

Why don't you rate him?

He was pretty good against GCS last round least season and I thought he's shown a bit.
Looks pretty slow and cumbersome to me. No great improvement on anyone on our list.

Pies front runners for Bailey Smith according to Sam Landsberger

Another one bites the dust

Pies front runners for Bailey Smith according to Sam Landsberger

Another one bites the dust
Sad Season 4 GIF by The Office

Champion Data used to be laughed at on here. Their lists of "elite" players over the years has been bemusing to say the least. Though the numbers I like (when it comes to D'Ambrosio here) are the possession efficiency percentages, they are pretty black and white.

Like many in footy analysis, they get laughed at when they’re negative about the hawks and lauded when they’re positive.

FWIW they’re super smart guys who talk about the game intelligently and are able to back everything they say up with data. Data can’t measure everything in footy though and it doesn’t always get the nuances and feel of the game hence throwing up some head scratchers from time to time. But all in all a positive, and particularly Hoyne is good to listen to.

My mail tonight suggests it's us.

Ty! I will enjoy the updates and dream a little dream.

However I will believe it when I see it.

Really hoping we land Battle as F/A to help in our defence and free Sis up!

An Baz for for a future first or if Nash leaves ( hoping his compo would be a mid - late first round pick ).

Nash placed contract talks on hold according to AFL.com Wednesday week ago on Cal’s show. If he finds form the offers will come !

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back