Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely the West Coast would more than match any offer - his own suburb, a significant amount of the Pilbarra - They are the wealthiest club in the competition - they would match and the bombers would also need to give up at least two top 3 picks

this is surely flights of fancy BS
At the end of the day it also depends on what Reid wants. Money ain’t everything. The kid scratches his arse and it makes the Perth news! He’s under a lot of pressure on the other side of the country.

Recall some rumours/reports before the draft that Reid’s mgt warned WC that he did not want to leave Vic and found it a little odd last week when WC rested him that he was back in Vic visiting family and WC also sent staff to discuss his next contract …… but isn’t looking at putting pen to paper at the moment.

Who knows but if he is wanting back closer to home every club should be putting something together to try to lure him. I’d guess we would have better picks and money to offer than the scum.

Last edited:
At the end of the day it also depends on what Reid wants. Money ain’t everything. The kid scratches his arse and it makes the Perth news! He’s under a lot of pressure on the other side of the country.

Recall some rumours/reports before the draft that Reid’s mgt warned WC that he did not want to leave Vic and found it a little odd last week when WC rested him that he was back in Vic visiting family and WC also sent staff to discuss his next contract …… but isn’t looking at putting pen to paper at the moment.

Who knows but if he is wanting back closer to home every club should be putting something together to try to lure him. I’d guess we would have better picks and money to offer than the scum!
Agree, if he moves back, it will be focused on success and support following. He'll earn more money outside of footy than inside it.

We need to be pushing for top 4, playing prime time footy and have the hype of the Melbourne bubble.

Alongside our improved performance by then, we need individual players that put bums on seats. Ginnivan, Watson, CJ, Weddle, Day is a good start. Baz will help.

Bombers board discussing what it could cost to get Reid ……… even including a google map search of how long it takes to drive from the hanger to Tongala 😂
Surely being next door to an airfield someone has to suggest chartering a light plane for him

Bombers board discussing what it could cost to get Reid ……… even including a google map search of how long it takes to drive from the hanger to Tongala 😂
Poor deluded souls.

No... it's a Hypothetical thread.

How about you pipe down till then.
Agree with the first sentence everyone can and should float different ideas it’s what makes the place interesting. Not sure we need the personal stuff though even if not particularly harsh. Now can we get back to discussing what we can get for Breust please…😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gettable

The worst AFL Podcast out there
Kick it to Scoops surpasses it

25 mins of Twomey making lame jokes and saying Essendon has links to every player mentioned (once DoDo is gone, watch him disappear)

And Beveridge fence sitting every question

The player managers hate going on there

For all the Bevo rumours their required players keeping signing contracts.
Which makes you think the players not getting a game are making the noise.
English isn't over the line. His poor form may hurt his contract value

Bailey Smith will likely go

Seems Caleb Daniel and Macrae aren't thrilled with things.....

Gettable

25 mins of Twomey making lame jokes and saying Essendon has links to every player mentioned (once DoDo is gone, watch him disappear)

AFL Media pushing Essendon agendas for years now

Gettable

Was certainly a tough listen today.

I usually cruise through at 1.5x speed to see if there's anything on Smith, Battle, Hardwick, Hawks. Usually not. But if there is anything, it's a waste of oxygen.

Gettable

Twomey thinks he’s a real mover and shaker. That’s in between eating boogers and playing Minecraft in his bedroom at his parent’s house.

English isn't over the line. His poor form may hurt his contract value

Bailey Smith will likely go

Seems Caleb Daniel and Macrae aren't thrilled with things.....
English might go home to WA or he might stay.

Smith wants midfield time.

Daniel and McCrae have been in and outa sk that would be sourgrapes and nothing official from them yet.

Twomey thinks he’s a real mover and shaker. That’s in between eating boogers and playing Minecraft in his bedroom at his parent’s house.
I will never get over the fact that this goober tries to tell other people that ‘adults shouldn’t wear guernseys to the footy’ as if it’s a bad thing wearing your teams colours to the game. Can’t stand the dweeb.

Gettable

Love that Scoops got a plug

Gettable

Tbh I dont mind it. I think Cal does a pretty good job covering free agency and draft...

Do they actually hate going on there?

If you hate that much, maybe dont watch? Or if you have to, watch it at 2x speed so you get through it in half the time.

Tbh I dont mind it. I think Cal does a pretty good job covering free agency and draft...

If you hate that much, maybe dont watch? Or if you have to, watch it at 2x speed so you get through it in half the time.
Seems like hyperbole to me.

If Player Managers hate it.. they wouldn't go on the show. There's no gun pointed at their head (SHOCK).

Reading Bigfooty is so negative at times. Who'd want to be in the media spotlight at all? You can't have an opinion without the attached vitarol directed towards you.

They are no better or worse than any other AFL show/podcast.

They try to replicate the coverage of the American sports but there just is no where near enough player movement to warrant it. Add to that no in season player movement.

The coverage of Australian sports is actually horrendous but AFL takes the cake.

I just wait for actual news to break before i go hunting around for info. The rest you can get a tl;dr of on big footy for a fraction of the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back