Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I know this is not the right thread for it.

But does anybody know where the Hawks Cheer Squad will be sitting for the game against Richmond?
As I know both, us and tigers have the cheer squads sitting on the Punt Rd end.

Another day
Another pox Gettable Offering
Another day of Twomey linking Free Agents to Essendon
I don't understand why anyone would bother to watch Gettable. It is pure speculation and just as informative as this thread.

I know this is not the right thread for it.

But does anybody know where the Hawks Cheer Squad will be sitting for the game against Richmond?
As I know both, us and tigers have the cheer squads sitting on the Punt Rd end.
Richmond home game I believe so our cheer squad should be at the city end in the Ponsford.

Another day
Another pox Gettable Offering
Another day of Twomey linking Free Agents to Essendon
Yeah it was the same old Twomey Bomber fan boy stuff but he did with gritted teeth acknowledge that he thinks pending FA would be seriously considering us (Baz + Battle). What I got out of it was that it's eating Twomey away where we're at.

Brilliant news with Hardwick and Nash likely staying on - never in doubt 🥰

Had to watch a few minutes of gettable to see the news- no surprise Cal’s new flavour of the month is barracking for Ainsworth to the bombers

Waiting for the first person to complain about 5 years for Nash, reckon it'll happen very quickly
I was waiting for someone to make a joke about the huge 5 year Hawthorn thumper deals for Dimma and Nash. Whilst it seems other clubs are dolling out 7-10 year deals we're still operating in 2010. Maybe we're paying players in USD 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't stand McClure, but I'm pretty sure he's got a personal connection with Baz through Xavier / coaching, so I'm split on this.
From what I've heard he's pretty unpopular with players/ people in the field with half a brain.
Throws up scatter shots/things that make logical sense without actually having any insight/deeper knowledge.

Also, that felt a bit click-baity with the Gettable video (although it might just be me).

Was hoping it was news on Josh Battle.

All Hawk bias aside, I'd be stunned if Baz chose Geelong over Hawthorn.

Unless it's a Buddy style situation where he wants to escape the limelight of Melbourne (which I'd understand).

You'd think we'd have more to offer $$$ wise.
Plus he's be joining a group of young men his own age just starting a new journey into (hopefully) contending again.

Haven't even taken into consideration his allegiances as a kid supporting us. People constantly downplay this, but we recruit so many former Hawthorn fans through trading and drafting that I'm convinced it isn't coincidental.
I think he'd be silly to choose another club, but maybe he's interested in going somewhere he can be the big banana?

At the Hawks he'd be one of many contributors, with a pretty established centre group at that point. It's blown wide open at Geelong especially if Dangerfield retires. He could see himself being the #1 mid there.

Edit: just read Nelk Boys comment who said the exact same thing but way earlier.

Also, that felt a bit click-baity with the Gettable video (although it might just be me).

Was hoping it was news on Josh Battle.
Yeah would have been nice, the consolidation prize is we just signed the best FA on the market 😉

I think he'd be silly to choose another club, but maybe he's interested in going somewhere he can be the big banana?

At the Hawks he'd be one of many contributors, with a pretty established centre group at that point. It's blown wide open at Geelong especially if Dangerfield retires. He could see himself being the #1 mid there.

Edit: just read Nelk Boys comment who said the exact same thing but way earlier.

Possibly the case. It is interesting how differently, as humans, we can view a situation like this.

Perhaps I'm not a natural born leader, but being a vital part of the Hawthorn midfield (as an example) makes more sense to me than being the number 1 midfielder driving the engine room at Geelong. You could change those teams names up as well. No bias involved whatsoever.

Still think the future outlook bodes well for us over Geelong if Bailey is 'gambling' on team success as part of his decision, but time will tell.

If you want to be the big banana the teams it would rule out the most would be WB and Coll. With Bont and Nick he will always be behind them with the fans.

Geelong he obviously would be but with us he's competing with the likes of Day and Newk but it's possible if he is up to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back