Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Side note. Cooper Hodge picked in the Brisbane Lions U16 academy.
To be honest, at this point I don't really care about where he players- no club should have to rely on pre-lodging players like Cooper.
The league will be better for having another Hodge in it and I hope when he runs out in the Brisbane Hawthorn game for the first time we as a supporter base cheer for him regardless of what colours he has on!

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF
billy madison today junior GIF

To be honest, at this point I don't really care about where he players- no club should have to rely on pre-lodging players like Cooper.
The league will be better for having another Hodge in it and I hope when he runs out in the Brisbane Hawthorn game for the first time we as a supporter base cheer for him regardless of what colours he has on!
That's all very magnanimous of you. I may never reach that level of enlightenment! If he goes to Brisbane, I certainly wish him well and will be watching his career with interest but I'd be absolutely bluffing if I said I don't really care. Badly, madly, deeply hope he comes to us!

Last edited:
We don’t need any of these mediocre types, ie Battle, Perryman. Probably don’t even need Baz Smith for the cost. JDont know where any of them fit.
Probably didn't really need any of the mediocre types we picked up for this season either.

Let’s hope our next premiership has a

Kobe Williams(Mark)
Cooper Hodge, Ky Burgoyne, Clasher Dear, and Will McCabe in it.

This would be Charlie Crawford draft year as well, but sadly it does NOT sound like he loves footy as much as his dad.

According to Crawf via the media Charlie recently start playing again and broke his arm.

Do we know if he's even into footy?

This would be Charlie Crawford draft year as well, but sadly it does NOT sound like he loves footy as much as his dad.

According to Crawf via the media Charlie recently start playing again and broke his arm.

I was looking at when father sons are ready I came across Smith Mitchell in 2028 will be interesting how Sam handles his son, I remember Denis Pagan son coming onto the list at North when he was there and there was a lot in the media about how hard it would be to coach his son and he should leave north.

That's all very magnanimous of you. I may never reach that level of enlightenment! If he goes to Brisbane, I certainly wish him well and will be watching his career with interest but I'd be absolutely bluffing if I said I don't really care. Badly, madly, deeply hope he comes to us!
1718799571968.png

This is very much me, don't worry :)))))

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Breust retires at season’s end he will be stuck on 299 games, providing he plays every game remaining this season 🤔

I was looking at when father sons are ready I came across Smith Mitchell in 2028 will be interesting how Sam handles his son, I remember Denis Pagan son coming onto the list at North when he was there and there was a lot in the media about how hard it would be to coach his son and he should leave north.

Ivan Cleary coaches his son Nathan Cleary and Penrith have made 4 grand finals in a row, won 3 grand finals in a row and look every bit like they are heading for a 5th grand final. John Lang in the NRL also coached a premiership with his son playing for him. It doesn't have to be an issue so long as the kid is earning his spot not being gifted it.

Can someone explain why we are interested in Battle? He is a 193cm defender who gets plenty of ball and is a good linkman. We seem to have plenty of these types - including the best in the business.

The list still needs fattening with good players & depth.
He is a good player.
He is a best 22 player.
He is versatile.
We dont have to use draft capital.
We have more cash than a nigerian scammer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back