Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What's it from?

I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson

What The Hell Wtf GIF by The Lonely Island

If I was Lyon, I would be saying to Battle:

"Hawks are clearly on the way up and could win a premiership or two before you hang up the boots. However, there is no guarantee you will be part of the premiership team. You have to get past one of Sicily, Scrimshaw and Weddle for starters. They also have two first round backs in the wings and Jai Serong who is handy. Stay here and you will always be best 22, we will match any salary they offer, and we might even make you captain."

I love it when a coach negs you to stay.

I can’t imagine Ross or other coaches for that matter would be too happy with Mitch directly calling their players so aggressively. I hope they don’t try to do that to our players in demand.
Can see your point but it unfortunately happens. As Danger said Cats were into Bowes for 12 mths …… if we don’t do it could get left behind.

And to stop clubs doing it our players we need to create an environment that keeps them happy to stay.

Can see your point but it unfortunately happens. As Danger said Cats were into Bowes for 12 mths …… if we don’t do it could get left behind.

And to stop clubs doing it our players we need to create an environment that keeps them happy to stay.
I think we've got that environment now, or close to it. Sam has been the perfect coach choice after all.

I can’t imagine Ross or other coaches for that matter would be too happy with Mitch directly calling their players so aggressively. I hope they don’t try to do that to our players in demand.

I think you are being a little naïve if you think club officials/coaches aren't actively consulting off contract players during the year. Lin Jong got caught touring Collingwood's facilities mid-year. Sydney were more than happy to deal with Buddy/Pickering throughout 2013 without our knowledge. It's a ruthless industry - I am glad that Sam is actively out there trying to sell what we can offer to in demand players.

Putting it this way - if a rival firm's CEO came to me directly to entice me to a better deal and to work somewhere I would be really passionate about working (Battle being a Hawks supporter growing up) I would be absolutely stoked.

I think you are being a little naïve if you think club officials/coaches aren't actively consulting off contract players during the year. Lin Jong got caught touring Collingwood's facilities mid-year. Sydney were more than happy to deal with Buddy/Pickering throughout 2013 without our knowledge. It's a ruthless industry - I am glad that Sam is actively out there trying to sell what we can offer to in demand players.

Putting it this way - if a rival firm's CEO came to me directly to entice me to a better deal and to work somewhere I would be really passionate about working (Battle being a Hawks supporter growing up) I would be absolutely stoked.
Would be hard to make an informed decision to move to another club without speaking to their coach. Probably the biggest decision of their career in most cases too.

I am just here to figure out what the headlines will be if we sign/don't sign Battle.

Hawks win the battle but lose the warchest! (Battle signs with the Hawks as the highest paid Hawk)
Hawks win battle and war! (Battle signs with the Hawks at a reasonable market price)
Battle wins battle and Saints lose war. (Battle resigns at the Saints on an inflated price)

2025 we won the war but lost all the battles.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have seen on here that Frosty has triggered another year next year on well he has played! Which has been elite but could we see Hawks trading Frosty to the Kangas knowing we have Phillips and Blanck waiting in the wings for the full back spot!!
I reckon it'll be tough to challenge without a Full Back & I don't reckon we'd get value from the 3rd Rounder we'd get in return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would Frost agree to that?
I'm a fan of Blank but he really has improved out of sight, in bigfooty eyes this year, whilst not playing a game. Phillips has also proven no more than perhaps serviceable. Both may go on the have solid careers, but for now they are miles behind Frost as AFL footballers and i can see frosty going for at least 2 more years on current form and fitness.

If Battle doesn't eventuate, I hope we're in Harrison Petty's ear. He's being forced into the forward line by an idiot of a coach and probably needs a fresh start.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Will trigger band one.
Essentially Battle for pick 5. I'd let him walk.

It’s that time. Nick Watson and Calsher dear have both added Josh Battle on instagram in the last week.

Will trigger band one.
Essentially Battle for pick 5. I'd let him walk.

I do agree but if this was us would we do it as we could have let Sicily walk and got about the same.

Any tallish defenders are so hard to get as we have found out, this maybe a reason why saints won’t let him walk and match.

I do hope we get him but.

If I was Lyon, I would be saying to Battle:

"Hawks are clearly on the way up and could win a premiership or two before you hang up the boots. However, there is no guarantee you will be part of the premiership team. You have to get past one of Sicily, Scrimshaw and Weddle for starters. They also have two first round backs in the wings and Jai Serong who is handy. Stay here and you will always be best 22, we will match any salary they offer, and we might even make you captain."

Or “Josh you have been a long servant of the club, and given it your all. The facts are we have 23 players out of contract and will be going through a few tough years through the draft and trying to build up again.

We understand you have a tough decision for your future and there will no hard feelings if you would like a change of scenery”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back