Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A trade that will surely piss some off

Lewis and our first pick to Richmond for pick 1

We know Lewis is good. But dear provides more in the contest than him. Richmond need a tall forward, and we really need access to the absolute best, quick mid we can

Unless there’s a huge talent to target in this draft, I’d only trade Lewis in a package deal for a guy like Callaghan or Reid.

Not all drafts are equal.
You cannot conjure the talent you want if it’s not there.

We know Lewis is good. But dear provides more in the contest than him. Richmond need a tall forward, and we really need access to the absolute best, quick mid we can
So Richmond who are rebuilding and still bottoming out are going to give that draft collateral for Lewis and drop 5-6 picks .

I've seen everything now .

Wouldn't piss me off. Richmond would be though

I’m hoping our mad dash over to Sydney (if true) was to seduce Isaac Cumming. I’ve always thought he can play and is killing it tonight. Another back flanker and/or wingman but is all class and a FA.

Why does everyone think Lewis is desirable by other clubs or is worth much?

He averages 9 games a season over his career.

No club is offloading draft collateral that will benefit us for that risk .
Exactly.

I am banned from the Mitch Lewis thread for suggesting Dear/Chol pairing was now our best forward combination.

Lewis’ best is better but it’s not a reliable output. He simply does not get on the park enough for a guy deep into his afl career.

Exactly.

I am banned from the Mitch Lewis thread for suggesting Dear/Chol pairing was now our best forward combination.

Lewis’ best is better but it’s not a reliable output. He simply does not get on the park enough for a guy deep into his afl career.
Dear replaces Gunston though long term yeah? Still space for the 3 of them.

Not sure we throw the baby out with the bath water on this one.

1720266701994.png

That is just a ridiculously stupid trade for us.
Mitch Lewis by himself for pick 1, maybe. Mitch and our first for pick 1 is just stupid.

Dear replaces Gunston though long term yeah? Still space for the 3 of them.

Not sure we throw the baby out with the bath water on this one.
I have been a fan of Lewis since the early days. But I’m also pragmatic in light of our new forward options. A trade for the right value would be a good idea imo.

If Scaife turns it on at Box Hilk I’d almost say Lewis must be traded.

I have been a fan of Lewis since the early days. But I’m also pragmatic in light of our new forward options. A trade for the right value would be a good idea imo.

As mentioned in here he just isn’t worth much to other teams right now. Or he is but he’s worth more to us to keep him.

It just dumb to suggest trading Lewis.

If he can stay on the park he's a top 5 forward in the league. In a trade at best we get a late first. Chol hasn't shown he can lead a forward line and Dear while a promising start, it would be foolish to have a list strategy based around him being elite forward.

It's not even worth a thought exercise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he can stay on the park he's a top 5 forward in the league. In a trade at best we get a late first. Chol hasn't shown he can lead a forward line and Dear while a promising start, it would be foolish to have a list strategy based around him being elite forward.

And exactly what has Lewis done?

He is second option for mine at the moment at the least. Play VFL until you are banging the door down.

I'd suggest trading Lewis could be optimal for our development, depending on the price we got for him.
The most Lewis has played in a season, after 7 years in the system, is 15 games.
The average is 10.

If we get a good offer, I'd take it.
It would be "dumb" not to at this point.

I'd suggest trading Lewis could be optimal for our development, depending on the price we got for him.
The most Lewis has played in a season, after 7 years in the system, is 15 games.
The average is 10.

If we get a good offer, I'd take it.
It would be "dumb" not to at this point.
We traded a Brownlow medalist for less and that worked out well.

We traded a Brownlow medalist for less and that worked out well.
LOL :100:

I really don't understand the hyper-sensitivity about trading Lewis.

Tom Mitchell gave us far more value and our midfield was nowhere near as ready to fill his absence as our forwards are now to replace Lewis, as evidenced by our recent run of excellent form without Lewis.

LOL :100:

I really don't understand the hyper-sensitivity about trading Lewis.

Tom Mitchell gave us far more value and our midfield was nowhere near as ready to fill his absence as our forwards are now to replace Lewis, as evidenced by our recent run of excellent form without Lewis.
It's apparently all about what we would get in terms of value. We got a packet of chips for T.Mitchell.

Like I said Lewis is not a walk up starter at the moment. He should be kicking bags in the VFL before he is even entertained as back in the 1sts.

Lewis kicks 2 goals on immediate return after long layoff. Then goes off injured for an elbow to the head, completely unrelated to prior knee issues.

And despite missing games across last 4 seasons, still has 2nd highest goal tally for us aside from Breust for the same time period.

Hypothetical Trade Thread: TRADE BAIT

Kobe Bryant What GIF

if we were to trade lewis it would have to be for another key forward, which is stupid because no matter what, other clubs would be spooked by his injury history and offer little in return, resulting in us getting a downgrade. We get much better value keeping him at the club and hoping he stays healthy, because we know his potential.

G'day Hawks, I come in peace and all that.

Just wanted to pass on something I've heard today, and thought you guys would be interested.

Living in Sydney, I've got a mate who's involved with the Giants, and he told me today that Perryman has already informed the higher ups that he's wants to go to Hawthorn.

Obviously with GWS, that's prone to change once they fork out that 'ambassador' money...but as of right now he's Hawks bound.

I'm not typically a believer in the 'ITK' style posting, but this was pretty blatant and matched up with what has been reported recently, so I thought you guys should know.

All the best for the rest of the year, great to renew the rivalry today and look forward to many battles over the coming years!!

Lewis kicks 2 goals on immediate return after long layoff. Then goes off injured for an elbow to the head, completely unrelated to prior knee issues.

And despite missing games across last 4 seasons, still has 2nd highest goal tally for us aside from Breust for the same time period.

Hypothetical Trade Thread: TRADE BAIT

Kobe Bryant What GIF
I don’t doubt his quality at all.
But he’s unreliable.
There ways something going wrong: shoulder, hamstring, knee, whatever.
If Scaife starts kicking 3-4 goals a game at Box Hill I’m hoping we cash in Lewis while we can.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back