Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No chance a Hawks F/S and self-confessed "Hawks Nuffie" is going to the Drug Pigs. None.
I wouldn't say "no chance", but I would expect it would require more than a slightly better deal to shift him.

Finn is a great squad player - fit, strong and willing to do almost anything asked of him at any time. I have a lot of respect for him as a result. Sure he doesn't have the silky skills, but how many of those types have the strength and mental application that Finn has. Or the willingness to do the hard things without the glamour.

Irrespective of the team he chooses to play with moving forward, this will be his lot. Personally, I can't see him moving to Essendon. Brad Scott could spin his magic on how he would use Finn (most likely in a negating role) but is that enough of an opportunity.

Must be a second rounder if they want him regardless.

What would Finn’s value be? Pick in the late 30s? He’s a handy role player but could understand him looking around for more reliable best 22 opportunities

Is there a world where we can get petracca who clearly wants out and Barrass? Would something like this work for all parties I am finding it hard to assess value?

R1,f1,Lewis for Petracca
Ward,Serong,r2 for Barrass

I’m sure people won’t like it but it adds 3 very good players for guys who didn’t play much senior football this year.
Petracca and Barrass are 2 players? Who's the third, in that deal? And don't say Battle as we get him regardless of anything else.

So we lose 2x players who played in our last final, our best key forward and 2x first rounders for 2x players past their best with serious injuries. That's essentially giving up 4 players with potentially 10 years+ left and a gun with at least 5 left. For 2 guys who have about 3-4 years left and have already played their best football. They still have good football left but its trading away 1000 potential games for about 200 max.

I think a second round pick for Finn is good business.

We seem to be past the point in the teams development where we run a centre square tagger. So ultimately, he's wing and half forward depth now.

CJ, Weddle, Ward seem good for those minutes, especially if Harry stays on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

50/50 to dons because Hawthorn have heaps on their plate?

You can’t make up this dumb shit
Whoops! Just accidentally lost a contracted player in a trade with Essendon because we were too pre-occupied with everything else. Hate when that happens!

Bombers are eyeing outside runners… hmmm, it’s almost like they didn’t trade Mass for a bag of beans last year.

****ing morons.

Better yet, if you are targeting Finn for outside run you’re in all sorts.

Bombers are eyeing outside runners… hmmm, it’s almost like they didn’t trade Mass for a bag of beans last year.

****ing morons.

Better yet, if you are targeting Finn for outside run you’re in all sorts.
Remember Dodo has gone.
Interesting to see how their view on players changes now that Rosa and Scott are running things.

Interesting to see how their view on players changes now that Rosa and Scott are running things.

Norf are in for the better part of a decade of pain thanks to Scott's cleanout. If he can do something similar to the Drug Pigs then I will send him a gift basket.

It seems to be a big Essendon focus on that show...

I'm losing respect for Twomey as he's transitioning from drafts to trading.

How did Sam 'the face of the 2021 Mid season rookie draft' Durham go in the Brownlow?

Interested to compare his result with Newcombe's...

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back