Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers are eyeing outside runners… hmmm, it’s almost like they didn’t trade Mass for a bag of beans last year.

****ing morons.

Better yet, if you are targeting Finn for outside run you’re in all sorts.
Saw a post here or on X from a Bombers supporter last year saying they were “happy to let Massimo go” because Essendon “preferred to play taller wingers like Nick Hind”.

Y’know that guy who is only 2cm taller than Mass and just got delisted a few weeks ago. 😂

Saw a post here or on X from a Bombers supporter last year saying they were “happy to let Massimo go” because Essendon “preferred to play taller wingers like Nick Hind”.

Y’know that guy who is only 2cm taller than Mass and just got delisted a few weeks ago. 😂

And brought a convicted killer into their rooms after a game - stay classy Druggers.

You wouldn’t do
Pick 14 and pick 16 (if we make top 4 next year)

For Barrass and pick 19
Assuming that we’re going to finish a lot higher than west coast next season is a fools game. If things don’t click and we drop back down the ladder in 2025 like collingwood in 2024 (which is very very possible) we get completely shafted. This barras trade is really starting to shit me. I actually hope it falls through. Our defence was good this year and now we have added Battle to it. I don’t see how Barrass is going to improve it that much more.

Assuming that we’re going to finish a lot higher than west coast next season is a fools game. If things don’t click and we drop back down the ladder in 2025 like collingwood in 2024 (which is very very possible) we get completely shafted. This barras trade is really starting to shit me. I actually hope it falls through. Our defence was good this year and now we have added Battle to it. I don’t see how Barrass is going to improve it that much more.
Onwards and upwards mate drop the negativity and embrace Tom as a hawthorn player because that is what he will be at the end of the trade period

1 - risks like this set sides up to win flags
2 - if teams looked at it that way no gun players would ever move
3 - teams have a very good base understanding of where they are...unless they are Essendon...they will be expecting another preseason into these kids with the guys coming in straightening them up even more to take another step
4 - it wont fall over they very rarely do
5 - there is too many people reporting that as a framework (not all from WA) to think it will be anything else but theres still time

to answer Lickmesocks question...yes I would absolutely do that deal. Anyone saying no simply cant get their head around this whole 100% no on two first rounders

context matters

If Newcombe and Day are both missing games at the same time due to injuries it will be a uphill battle to finish top 4. Scares me to involve the future 1st in the Barrass deal.

Yep I hear what you are saying but there has to be some risk involved here from our end as we are reefing out a key defender while he is contracted.

We were all in for Rata, and Mckay as free agents and missed the free hits. If Mitchell and Co believe Barrass is the missing piece then you back them in.

How did Sam 'the face of the 2021 Mid season rookie draft' Durham go in the Brownlow?

Interested to compare his result with Newcombe's...
Just as an aside to your point, I have a lot of time for Durham. Grew up a huge Hawks nuffie and wasn't afraid to tell a crowd of Drug Pig supporters that he idolised Sam Mitchell!

Duke obliterates him as far as MSD picks go, but I wouldn't mind picking him up if we could.

‘Starting’ FFS - build a bridge, is that you Dom?

Heh. Five gold stars for this post. Top quality satire.

Just as an aside to your point, I have a lot of time for Durham. Grew up a huge Hawks nuffie and wasn't afraid to tell a crowd of Drug Pig supporters that he idolised Sam Mitchell!

Duke obliterates him as far as MSD picks go, but I wouldn't mind picking him up if we could.

Oh for sure, I do rate him!

It was just hilarious watching Twomey try to justify why he was worthy of being the face of that draft that also included Newcombe. I had an Essendon supporting mate try to back him up by saying it was because they play in more prime time matches, more people are familiar with his good early season form.

really curious for the people who wouldnt do the two first rounders with a second coming back

If Hawthorn happened to have the first pick in the second round and based off the trade outlined before being a 3 pick slide so 19 for Barrass and 22 instead of 16 sliding to 19 would people have a problem? Basically asking is it the fact that it is called as first rounder the sticking point?

if your answer is yes, did you also think that turning the calendar to 2021 would end COVID fours years ago?

I think the best way to look at it is simply forgetting the rounds in the draft and look at the pick number

roughly pick 16 for roughly 19 is fine. Yes those numbers could be different but if Hawthorn finish where they finished this year and West Coast finish where they did it is still only sliding 13 to 21

really curious for the people who wouldnt do the two first rounders with a second coming back

If Hawthorn happened to have the first pick in the second round and based off the trade outlined before being a 3 pick slide so 19 for Barrass and 22 instead of 16 sliding to 19 would people have a problem? Basically asking is it the fact that it is called as first rounder the sticking point?

if your answer is yes, did you also think that turning the calendar to 2021 would end COVID fours years ago?

I think the best way to look at it is simply forgetting the rounds in the draft and look at the pick number

roughly pick 16 for roughly 19 is fine. Yes those numbers could be different but if Hawthorn finish where they finished this year and West Coast finish where they did it is still only sliding 13 to 21
In no way am I insinuating that the deal will be 1R and F1 for F2 and TB but realistically the most probable outcome of that would be roughly 13 and 15/16 for Barrass and 20.

As an Eagles supporter I certainly wouldn’t be doing cartwheels, particularly with how compromised the top end of the draft is going to be next year and that 13 will end up 16 this year.

Oh for sure, I do rate him!

It was just hilarious watching Twomey try to justify why he was worthy of being the face of that draft that also included Newcombe. I had an Essendon supporting mate try to back him up by saying it was because they play in more prime time matches, more people are familiar with his good early season form.
On a side note I saw this post and reminded me of this Bradmanesque stat I saw yesterday:

Brownlow votes by players selected in the mid-season draft since its return in 2019:
53 - Jai Newcombe (2021)
6 - Sam Durham (2021)
5 - Massimo D’Ambrosio (2022)
5 - John Noble (2019)
2 - Marlion Pickett (2019)
2 - James Peatling (2021)
1 - Cooper Sharman (2021)

Unquestionably the best MSD pick ever, let alone 2021.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think comparing our list to Collingwood is just wrong.. Oldest list in the AFL and apart from N.Faicos they have no young talent coming through.

You have the most negative outlook for a footy fan I've ever seen.

Brownlow votes by players selected in the mid-season draft since its return in 2019:
53 - Jai Newcombe (2021)
6 - Sam Durham (2021)
5 - Massimo D’Ambrosio (2022)
5 - John Noble (2019)
2 - Marlion Pickett (2019)
2 - James Peatling (2021)
1 - Cooper Sharman (2021)

Unquestionably the best MSD pick ever, let alone 2021.
You forget one important factor...Durham plays for Essendon and Cal is contractually obligated to pump him and the rest of the list up...something he would happily do for free mind you

I think comparing our list to Collingwood is just wrong.. Oldest list in the AFL and apart from N.Faicos they have no young talent coming through.
also with the Pies winning so many super close games like they did last year, whilst everyone fittingly lauded them for doing it so consistently, it realistically was only going to to take a tiny slip this season for them to lose a few of those and drop down the table.

we won a couple of close ones, lost a couple - but certainly where we finished was not down to our ability to consistently fall behind and win by a whisker.

so yeah - I agree can't compare at all

Surely Mass would give Finn the ins and outs of playing in the black and red?

Then again, if all Finn wants is senior games every week, you can understand why it could be appealing.
It was for Josh Kennedy.

If the future first was locked in at 15+ giving it up in a pick swap wouldn’t be the biggest of deals despite it still being insanely expensive for Barrass given his age and injury history.

The problem is there’s no guarantee we will improve next year. Only takes a couple of injuries, some poor form or repeating our start to the year and Barrass becomes even more expensive. Freo is the most recent example of a young team flying up the ladder, winning a final then faltering.

If the future first was locked in at 15+ giving it up in a pick swap wouldn’t be the biggest of deals despite it still being insanely expensive for Barrass given his age and injury history.

The problem is there’s no guarantee we will improve next year. Only takes a couple of injuries, some poor form or repeating our start to the year and Barrass becomes even more expensive. Freo is the most recent example of a young team flying up the ladder, winning a final then faltering.
Correct which is why I pitched it as finishing in the same spot. Even if Hawthorn slide out of the 8 and gets pick 10 and West Coast climb a bit...based on point values of pick 10 slide to 23 is the equivalent of pick 33

That stuff is pointless but it does show that a slide isnt all in all terrible

If it was 2 firsts and nothing coming back I could see why people would have a problem

You guys judge Hawthorn by looking at everyone else. This may sound arrogant, and it probably is, but we are not everyone else. We are Hawthorn. Success is part of our DNA.

A premiership player now part of the coaching at the saints was out talking around premiership reunions.
He said and I paraphrase.

I have been at other football clubs and the heart of my time at Hawthorn showed how different things are everywhere else. Just be glad or thankful about whatever made you a Hawthorn supporter because no one in the league has had it any better.
Success is expected, demanded and achieved and never doubted.

With that being said Tom Barrass welcome to Hawthorn whenever that is

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back