Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If you pay $10 for something, with 2x $5 notes, but get $4 change, did it really cost $10?

You pay $5 for what costs $5. You take your item and walk out of the shop. You enjoy your $5 item for 3-4 years then you pay $8 for a similar item due to inflation.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Or you use two $5 notes but you didn’t notice that one was actually a $10 note, and then they short change you with $2 instead of $4. Did you really pay $6?
Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

We just had a 9 year gap between finals wins that was only just broken. It’s not like always achieving is a given.

The club has had a lot of success but also has had some bad stretches over the team.

I want more success and less of those bad patches. Our next years form is still very unknown. If our list was 2 years along paying that for Barrass would be more palatable for mine.

Even with our successful years our best trades have been the cheaper ones. Paying less in picks gives us both more chances to trade in players next year or an earlier pick than if we trade it. Both options will help building long term success.
I said what I had to say mate we will pay what we think he is worth. I suggest u let the dust settle and see where this takes us. Lots of time to go before we go to the draft

Exactly though, it’s an if, and anything can happen.
2x1st’s is nuts.

If the Hawks dropped to 10th or lower next year then the Eagles have hit the jackpot for sure but you are making this trade believing you are improving as a club and not going backwards.

Hawks 2024 and 2025 pick to Eagles
Barass and Eagles 2024 second round pick to Hawks which is a very good pick as it stands.

Hawks 2024 and 2025 pick to Eagles
Barass and Eagles 2024 second round pick to Hawks which is a very good pick as it stands.
Don't stop there.

On-trade those/our 2x 2nds (WCE 22 + Coll 30) to Brissie for ~18 + F2 (30-36).

Don't stop there.

On-trade those/our 2x 2nds (WCE 22 + Coll 30) to Brissie for ~18 + F2 (30-36).
Why not go after suns pick 12 instead? 23 and 30 are worth about pick 10 and are valuable picks in a deep draft the suns could use to get later picks and strengthen their future hand. The suns pick 12 but also their future first are on the table they have another bumper academy year next year by all reports.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My first is in five but not in ten,
My second in neither so the letter turns back again,
My last is the end of the worthier note,
Can you get the word answer to the riddle I wrote?
😉
fee?

Why not go after suns pick 12 instead? 23 and 30 are worth about pick 10 and are valuable picks in a deep draft the suns could use to get later picks and strengthen their future hand. The suns pick 12 but also their future first are on the table they have another bumper academy year next year by all reports.
Heaps better idea.
I just wasn't sure all the teams chasing picks this off-season. Should've assumed Gold Coast would be...

If Newcombe and Day are both missing games at the same time due to injuries it will be a uphill battle to finish top 4. Scares me to involve the future 1st in the Barrass deal.
I'm not our Midfield would still have Mackenzie, Ward, Nash, Huswaite, Moore. Take 2 important players out of any side and its a struggle, we have better cover than most.

İf Barras is two firsts, then what is Sicily worth in the open market? 3 firsts? We want future picks to be available in abundance. Eagles are desperate for high end picks but none of their tradeables are going to fetch that for them so they'll be looking to fill up with the Barras deal. Hawks obviously know this.. they have Reid, Waterman, Allen and the Gov of any note, the rest are ok to hot garbage!

Norf are in for the better part of a decade of pain thanks to Scott's cleanout. If he can do something similar to the Drug Pigs then I will send him a gift basket.
It’s been 5 full seasons since he left Nought Melb.

The decade of pain should be more blamed on their list managers & coaches of the last 5 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back