Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes you wonder if it’s Geelong, Melbourne or his management dropping the story. It’s definitely one of them.
It would be of no benefit whatsoever for Melbourne to release anything as it would just damage a damaged stock even further. IMO it's quite clear which party would benefit the most from his value tanking.

You’d have to imagine a player and pick would be needed to get Clarry. Melbourne might be offering to part with salary to get a F1 and SDK as an example. If they do it for a solitary pick in the teens there would be a board challenge imminent.
I reckon the cats will be offering home brand crisps, and nothing more. As such I reckon it’s a pretty low likelihood, but if it does happen, surely pert and Goodwin go

I got torched around here a few years ago for not buying into the cliff is coming narrative. As long as they keep doing this sort of thing, in a very even competition, they unfortunately will still be there abouts.

Add in Reid in a year or 2 and the cycle continues.
Earlier this year I posted their best 22 and said how good it was and that I expected them to bounce strongly and received similar feedback. Understandable it’s Geelong we want them to fail but kudos where it’s due they work the system don’t take any shit and wring absolutely everything out of a lot of ordinary players.

So you have no idea why it gets bumped(dumb bombers saying they should be pardoned every few months), you just thought you'd whinge about it's exisitence and draw a stupid comparison to people talking about Geelong in a Hawthorn thread.
Mod calls out posters being way off topic. Posters reaction - let’s talk about Geelong and Essendon.
🤦‍♂️

I can't see that happening. The scum only have pick 8 and 28 and I can't see them giving us 28. Does Essendon have a player that could be traded for Finn?

Does Massimo have a brother playing at Essendon? 🤣 🤣

I wouldn’t be taking anything less than 28 for Finn.

We don’t need another 18yo pick 45 on our list who isn’t going to help our chances next year.

Much prefer to keep Finn on our list unless we get overs

Would love to upgrade some picks in addition.
Given our trade period seems well planned, throwing a hypothetical.
Barrass and f2 eagles
R1,f1

Gives eagles multiple first rounders.

30,f2,f3 to suns

Gets us an early pick and one in a deep draft we can speculate on.
Gives suns matching points weighted to 2025 given their multiple academy players I believe up to 4 again next year.

Edit: would need to trade Serong for an f3 under future trading rules for this to work. Let’s say saints for fun, sorry Jai.

Last edited:
I wonder how much the Petracca reconciliation has to do with Clarry now having a future seemingly elsewhere...
I love that the media is saying it’s not being driven by Petracca because “he’s not even here he’s overseas.” I guess those pigeons take too long to get messages across the world…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what are we thinking for tomorrow, the battle will be won reasonably early, but Barrass will take longer, possibly spilling into next week?
Barrass can't be done until Trade Week. Isn't Trade Week, next week, or does that start tomorrow as well?

*IMO, Barrass should be done as late as possible, allowing us as much flexibility as we need to do other stuff as well.

Barrass can't be done until Trade Week. Isn't Trade Week, next week, or does that start tomorrow as well?

*IMO, Barrass should be done as late as possible, allowing us as much flexibility as we need to do other stuff as well.

Free agency starts tomorrow - trade week (and a bit) from Monday.

Here's what I think it'll cost to get Barrass to the Hawks. Pick 13, plus we slide our future 1st down to Eagles future 2nd. While upgrading pick 30 to pick 23 in this year's draft.

Hawks
In: Barass, Eagles F2nd, Pick 23
Out: Pick 13, F1st, Pick 30

Eagles:
In: Pick 13, Hawks F1st, Pick 30
Out: Barass, F2nd, Pick 23

What are other people's thoughts? Are we giving too much?

Earlier this year I posted their best 22 and said how good it was and that I expected them to bounce strongly and received similar feedback. Understandable it’s Geelong we want them to fail but kudos where it’s due they work the system don’t take any shit and wring absolutely everything out of a lot of ordinary players.

Congratulations

Cal Twomey seeming to cool a little on us giving up pick 13 + F1 for Barrass. Reckon the media has driven a lot of all of this and the deal get's done for pick 13 + F2.

As he should. 13 + F2 or just 13 for me.

I want us to build a big hand for next year. There is none bloke we need to add to really create a team set up for long term success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back