Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Even though we have done a lot better in the last couple of drafts, I still think that we are novices in the nuances of wheeling and dealing. The kings are Geelong and Essendon and guess who seems to be dominating these pages. When we do get an A grader wanting to come to us, in the end, we always seem to give up more than we should. Whereas clubs like Geelong always seem to get the player for not a hell of a lot. The draft that has been forever branded into my brain and sums up the way the Hawks fare during draft time was when Buddy...and YES A PRETTY GOOD PLAYER YOU MIGHT SAY...was sucked out for NOT EVEN STEAK KNIVES ...!!!
Yes, we should really be taking our cues from Essendon

As he should. 13 + F2 or just 13 for me.

I want us to build a big hand for next year. There is none bloke we need to add to really create a team set up for long term success.

We need to keep our F1 if we are even thinking of going after Reid, by WC taking our F1 it takes away a club that could get Reid when his contract is up.

Cal Twomey seeming to cool a little on us giving up pick 13 + F1 for Barrass. Reckon the media has driven a lot of all of this and the deal get's done for pick 13 + F2.
Maybe give 13, F1 and F2 for Barrass and half of the Harley trade next year. Then next year we give F1 (2026) to complete the Harley transaction.

My clear preference is for the trade to be Pick 13 + F2 for Barrass.... but if we rate this draft and it's depth highly enough would we consider offering up an F1 alongside pick 13 to get Barrass and something around pick 20 this year back.. which the recruiting team may say depending on our finish is the equivalent to our pick next year but we get the talent in a year earlier..

Even though we have done a lot better in the last couple of drafts, I still think that we are novices in the nuances of wheeling and dealing. The kings are Geelong and Essendon and guess who seems to be dominating these pages. When we do get an A grader wanting to come to us, in the end, we always seem to give up more than we should. Whereas clubs like Geelong always seem to get the player for not a hell of a lot. The draft that has been forever branded into my brain and sums up the way the Hawks fare during draft time was when Buddy...and YES A PRETTY GOOD PLAYER YOU MIGHT SAY...was sucked out for NOT EVEN STEAK KNIVES ...!!!

Friends don’t let friends drink and Bigfooty.

Here's what I think it'll cost to get Barrass to the Hawks. Pick 13, plus we slide our future 1st down to Eagles future 2nd. While upgrading pick 30 to pick 23 in this year's draft.

Hawks
In: Barass, Eagles F2nd, Pick 23
Out: Pick 13, F1st, Pick 30

Eagles:
In: Pick 13, Hawks F1st, Pick 30
Out: Barass, F2nd, Pick 23

What are other people's thoughts? Are we giving too much?
Still too much. Pick 13 max.

13 and F2 is more than enough. I am a massive TB fan, but if they want 2 firsts then we walk.
Love people every year standing on the “it’s on our terms or we walk”

It’s very rarely all on one teams terms and teams just don’t walk when they get a player of TBs standard to request a trade to them

13 and F2 is more than enough. I am a massive TB fan, but if they want 2 firsts then we walk.
We will not walk.
We have an agreement with Barass’s manager to get it done and we’ve had plenty of chats with Eagles to know what it will take.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe give 13, F1 and F2 for Barrass and half of the Harley trade next year. Then next year we give F1 (2026) to complete the Harley transaction.
I hear a Nigerian Prince also has millions to send us. Just need to send him $10,000 first.

We added the equivalent of 4 first round picks last year in Watson (who would maybe be pick 1 this year ) ,McCabe, massimo and dear who is playing like a top 10 pick. We have ward developing in the seconds, along with bodie Ryan who the club is very big on. Throw in finn, seamus Mitchell, , hustwaite and serong who are still devolping and have looked good at times in the seniors when called on.

Point being, we have enough youth, and will still add more this year , it might just not be in the first round this year or next. We will get something as a sweetener from WC but the main prize is a top 5 fullback in the comp for the next 4 years while we are in our prime. If anyone says he's not hasn't watched any West Coast games the last 2 years.

We added the equivalent of 4 first round picks last year in Watson (who would maybe be pick 1 this year ) ,McCabe, massimo and dear who is playing like a top 10 pick. We have ward developing in the seconds, along with bodie Ryan who the club is very big on. Throw in finn, seamus Mitchell, , hustwaite and serong who are still devolping and have looked good at times in the seniors when called on.

Point being, we have enough youth, and will still add more this year , it might just not be in the first round this year or next. We will get something as a sweetener from WC but the main prize is a top 5 fullback in the comp for the next 4 years while we are in our prime. If anyone says he's not hasn't watched any West Coast games the last 2 years.
Yep, herein we see, once again, the difference between professional list managers, coaches, recruitment staff etc and BF posters. The professionals will have actual plans as to how we will structure up around, and how we will use the recruits and trades we have our eyes on (and yes, those plans don't always come to fruition), while BF posters will sit at their keyboards and bash out the same tired old lines they have for the last 17 names that have been thrown up....

Yeah well said

Us idiots can postulate all we want but the club will get what it wants.

Two top end defenders in a position we desperately need help is outstanding.

We don't need more youth, we are in the window now!

I hope we are all over harley but that said, all clubs have many irons in the fire so I would be all for trading picks for a key fwd this year or next. Or even better, get fog in as a fa...

Lewis is made of paper and while I love him, I'm not sold on Cholly. If Lewis can get a decent run at it or chol starts clunking them, it's a bonus.

Sent from my SM-A156E using Tapatalk

We will get something as a sweetener from WC but the main prize is a top 5 fullback in the comp for the next 4 years while we are in our prime. If anyone says he's not hasn't watched any West Coast games the last 2 years.
Is he really?

May, Taylor, Weitering, Andrews, Moore, Wilkie, McGovern, Collins and Pearce would all be better full backs. That’s without including other tall defenders.

Is he really?

May, Taylor, Weitering, Andrews, Moore, Wilkie, McGovern, Collins and Pearce would all be better full backs. That’s without including other tall defenders.
Pearce can't stay on the park, Moore is overrated, and both May and Gov are probably a year off retirement. Don't know if he's top 5 but I think he suits our side incredibly well.

FWIW Player Ratings have had him as a top 5 key defender for the past 3 years, only other player who has been there with him in all 3 is Sicily.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back