Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate 15 minutes before this post you literally quoted a post - from days ago - to bang on about Geelong again.
Was just catching up gave the thread a break. Sir you totally caught me.
How I Met Your Mother Sitcom GIF by Laff

Love people every year standing on the “it’s on our terms or we walk”

It’s very rarely all on one teams terms and teams just don’t walk when they get a player of TBs standard to request a trade to them
The “take x or we walk” approach is not something you do to players with 3 years left on a contract. We’ve targeted him knowing this and aren’t gonna leave him high and dry after handing his trade request. Of course it doesn’t mean pull our pants down immediately either but we’ve known what he would cost for a long time.

We walk away and players and player managers will avoid us moving forward knowing we’re not serious people.

Happy Josh Battle day!

The “take x or we walk” approach is not something you do to players with 3 years left on a contract. We’ve targeted him knowing this and aren’t gonna leave him high and dry after handing his trade request. Of course it doesn’t mean pull our pants down immediately either but we’ve known what he would cost for a long time.

We walk away and players and player managers will avoid us moving forward knowing we’re not serious people.

Whoa whoa whoa, you’re talking like a rational adult - there’s no place for that in the histrionic trade and FA thread.

I actually hope Saints do get pick 8 as compensation and then use that pick to bid on Kako and Marshall to make Essendon and Brissie pay. After Bassets speech at BnF they kind of have to right? Getting that extra pick gives them a free swing as both would be in that range

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pearce can't stay on the park, Moore is overrated, and both May and Gov are probably a year off retirement. Don't know if he's top 5 but I think he suits our side incredibly well.

FWIW Player Ratings have had him as a top 5 key defender for the past 3 years, only other player who has been there with him in all 3 is Sicily.
This is exactly why I want to see Sicily play back next year. With Barass, Sicily can take on the McGovern role, which is a luxury we've never had and he'll do it better than McGovern!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back