Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Any clue what about?
I've always considered ML to be a really high quality person and thought he had a good set of morals he was pushing.

Not sure that's all I was told, i was highly sceptical given his value is at an all time low that we would entertain a trade.

But Brisbane are desperate buyers if it is indeed them.

Dear will pass Lewis so fast he will get wind burn, by the time Lewis returns if his with us Dear will be the number one forward, and if we play Chol, Lewis, Dear and we are to tall it would be Dear getting Dropped.
Wait, so Dear will give Lewis windburn as he passes him to be our no.1 forward, but if we play all of Chol, Lewis Dear then Dear is the one getting dropped?

IMG_0051.jpeg

With Chol being above expectations this year. Calsher showing signs and improving. Battle, Weddle and Sicily rotating forward. Watson, Moore and Ginnivan crumbing. Gunston and Breust playing on next season. Gives players like Serong (if he stays and doesn’t ask for a trade) MacCabe, Skaife and possibly DGB (if offered a new contract) to take over Gunston’s spot for 2026.

So the possibility of Mitch Lewis being traded to Brisbane would not be the end of the world. As we currently have a functioning, consistent forward line.

Chol was a liability in finals, Gunston is in his twilight years…we need a good 2nd and 3rd tall. Hopefully scaife is one of those, and Weddle / number 6 is the other now. Lewis is tradable…
How much better would Chol be with Lewis in the side

Chol was above expectations all season.
2 bad games in finals, but still a bloody good year from him

With Chol being above expectations this year. Calsher showing signs and improving. Battle, Weddle and Sicily rotating forward. Watson, Moore and Ginnivan crumbing. Gunston and Breust playing on next season. Gives players like Serong (if he stays and doesn’t ask for a trade) MacCabe, Skaife and possibly DGB (if offered a new contract) to take over Gunston’s spot for 2026.

So the possibility of Mitch Lewis being traded to Brisbane would not be the end of the world. As we currently have a functioning, consistent forward line.

It's likely Hardwick will also move forward.

P.S - Considering all of what you said above I would still keep Mitch unless he really wants a fresh start elsewhere

I think if Mitch is unhappy/looking for a change and the club is legitimately entertaining offers the proposal is either solid overs OR we know we can turn what we get into another KPF whilst still facilitating Mitch and his wishes.

Mitch was interviewed in the rooms after the finals win against the bulldogs.

There was obviously a lot of jubilation but Mitch was sitting down by himself and keeping distance.

When asked by BT why he was not joining in, Mitch said ‘let the boys enjoy themselves’.

Mitch had this look of a person not connected with the group, which seemed strange and made an impression on me at the time.

I am probably reading into things, but thought I would share this given the latest developments.

Any clue what about?
I've always considered ML to be a really high quality person and thought he had a good set of morals he was pushing.

It might have something to do with his knee pre ACL where he was telling the club he wasn't fine but our docs were giving him the OK

Or so they say....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At face value trading Lewis doesn't help us in any way. KPF is a difficult position to fill with quality and we are thin on options.

Sure there are question marks over his durability but the upside is enormous. Even if Brisbane paid so called 'overs' it wouldn't change this.

Lewis.

Bris…….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lewis to Brisbane
Petracca to Hawthorn
A 4th rounder to the inept Dees

Who says no?

Chol was a liability in finals, Gunston is in his twilight years…we need a good 2nd and 3rd tall. Hopefully scaife is one of those, and Weddle / number 6 is the other now. Lewis is tradable…
Chol was not a liability in the finals. Did he play well? No. Plenty of players have bad games. Dylan Moore had 2 underwhelming finals. The first final against the dogs he competed in the air against a really tall backline ( playing against lobb who’s 7cm taller and marked a couple on him) should of marked a few he dropped and in the second final kicked a goal and was involved in 2-3 more in a low scoring game. Whether you like it or not his defensive pressure helps our forward line just like calsher dear’s forward pressure when Mitch Lewis plays we seem to lack that. The only game we weren’t competitive in from calsher dears debut game was the the 1 game Lewis played and the 1 game calsher didn’t. Maybe coincidence but I find that interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back