Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Could play the Wiz out at full forward next year like we did against Port.

Clear the 50 for him. There aren't many defenders who have either the speed or the IQ to go with him.

I remembered we would occasionally play Cyril out the goal square and it was awesome to watch.

I'm not against trading Lewis.
Mentioned it early in the year and still think it has merit.
If we do it will be interesting to see which of Weddle, Sis, Hardwick, Battle, McCabe and Scaife we use forward.

Mitchell wants flexibility, now he has options.
Will we continue to target a young KPF?
Rumour was that we were into the young GWS forward.

Last edited:

Dear is still very raw and will be given far more attention by opposition defenders next season. Whilst Chol has never been a dominant forward.

A fit and firing Mitch Lewis is still one of the better forwards in the league. I would prefer to hold onto Mitch unless he genuinely wants out, and Brisbane give us a trade offer too good to refuse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear is still very raw and will be given far more attention by opposition defenders next season. Whilst Chol has never been a dominant forward.
I don't get why they would've given him a free pass this season, but they'll give him attention next season?

That doesn't really make sense as 1. his knee was caused by an impact injury and 2. he injured his good knee.

I said pre ACL and nothing about the same knee

He was annoyed how we handled the knee earlier in the year and as I said disagreed with the docs.
The knee he ruptured was the same one. I've said a few times now that I think that the club misdiagnosed what they called a 'sprained ACL' a couple of preseason ago. Ever since he sprained it he's had nothing but issues but only he and the club would know exactly what has gone on and all we can do is speculate from the limited info we have.

Dear will pass Lewis so fast he will get wind burn, by the time Lewis returns if his with us Dear will be the number one forward, and if we play Chol, Lewis, Dear and we are to tall it wont be Dear getting Dropped.
Maybe we should consider reuniting the King Bros next year, as they are both out of contract. Dear could play the Gunston role, and at the same time we could really do the Saints heads in.

The knee he ruptured was the same one. I've said a few times now that I think that the club misdiagnosed what they called a 'sprained ACL' a couple of preseason ago. Ever since he sprained it he's had nothing but issues but only he and the club would know exactly what has gone on and all we can do is speculate from the limited info we have.
I agree - the sprained ACL diagnosis was just bizarre. Never really got his body right after that. Don’t not want him to go but understand if he feels like the club has mismanaged his injuries

Interesting times ahead

Seeing one of the AFL's most prominent journos even talk about this makes me want to blow my brains out.

Imagine any NBA writer even discussing cap circumvention or tampering as a genuine potential management decision.

It's either pure rage bait or someone of his media stature is unaware of one of the more basic rules of the league he covers. Both shitty outcomes.
I love this...

Buddy netted us pick 19, that should be the gold standard.
You trading a Buddy ? ... pick 19
Anyone else...after that.

anything else is open to accusations of "magic sauce" and draft tampering

This making it up crap is ridiculous !

(Sorry for the rant, but I am genuinely triggered by what the AFL has done since...)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back