Injury 2024 Injury Report/Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

It's really a terrible terrible attitude to act like people are above being questioned.

That's how standards slip
Who is being questioned?

A statement was made by an ignorant fan. No one in power was actually questioned.

And thank goodness.

Would be very embarrassing to have such a deluded comment canvassed in a public forum.

This season has been super depressing so far. Dread the injury reports.

Need a lot of luck to win a flag. It’s just not panning out this year.
I can remember many more depressing seasons.

Sixth at this stage of the year is above average.

No we didn’t.
There’s no sign of any deleted posts.
If Hardas saw a post deleted, you would do well to listen and be respectful in your communication.

Ur deluded in thinking the club can do no wrong or even be questioned
You’re more deluded in thinking that a question has been asked.

A poster made an ignorant comment about training standards.

No question, just rubbish.

You’re more deluded in thinking that a question has been asked.

A poster made an ignorant comment about training standards.

No question, just rubbish.

In your previous post you called it a question, and now it's not a question. Ok.

So you can question the club, it's just that comment wasn't a question? Gotcha.

Given we had some left, I would assume we would have used rotations in the last

Seemed we were saving them for the last. Had used 6 (from memory) less than GC till 3q time. Losing Maynard and Noble probably put the breaks on using them to allow players Swanny style shorter bursts and hopefully higher impact.

Rotations were down because we’d lost McCreery, Noble, and Maynard in the last quarter. Can’t rotate if there’s nobody to send back out. Now we’re finding out that JDaicos played out the game hampered.

Think we can count it as a Goody Expected Win?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I appreciate a response, AD, are you suggesting I imagined the post disappeared?
Anyway, whatever.
Sometimes I forget to hit respond, get distracted and it doesn’t get posted.
In this instance, it turns out I was incorrect.
I didn’t scroll back far enough in your post history and can now confirm your post was deleted (for whatever reason).
My apologies.

In your previous post you called it a question, and now it's not a question. Ok.

So you can question the club, it's just that comment wasn't a question? Gotcha.
I would describe it more as a wondering.

This year doesn’t have that premership injury run feel about it. Oh deer.
Maynard, Jaicous, Noble and McCreery.
The premiers in most years have a comparatively good run with injuries. It’s one of the pieces of the puzzle.

We can’t seem to shake off our bad run in 2024 and it’s a concern. Expecting that the players returning from injury will pick up where they left off can also lead to disappointment- unless it’s JDG.

The premiers in most years have a comparatively good run with injuries. It’s one of the pieces of the puzzle.

We can’t seem to shake off our bad run in 2024 and it’s a concern. Expecting that the players returning from injury will pick up where they left off can also lead to disappointment- unless it’s JDG.
That's fair enough, VP, and it's definitely frustrating - even dismaying - when Wadey has to discuss 14 players (plus, the big loss of Murph would actually mean 15).

I take your point about players being back, not necessarily being in best form, but...
glass half-full version (for the top-end players):
Schultz: back;
Maynard: available;
Josh D: test, so maybe?;
Noble: back next week;
Elliott: back week after next;
McStay: coming soon...;
Cox: 2 - 3;
McCreery: 4 weeks;
Mitchell: 4 weeks.

So, we could have 6 or 7 back now or within a fortnight or so.

Beau's injury was a blow, but we still have Shultz, Richards, Hill & HH there.

I’ve enjoyed those games. I mean the injuries this season. Super depressing! Luck is not going our way this year.
Injuries are a downer for sure, particularly getting 3 back & losing another couple during the match.

But I'm trying to think how fresh our veterans will be at the pointy end of the season if we can just keep getting those wins in the meantime. We've done amazingly well considering the outs we've had & the inexperienced players who have had to step up.

I thought it was amazing we did so well last year when we went a large chunk without a proper ruckman, losing Howe for a long time & then Nick at the end of the season.

Hoping we make a big statement this Friday. Shoota back, Joey into the 22, hoping for our 3 talls Darcy, Bill & Dean to shove it up the critics.

Injuries are a downer for sure, particularly getting 3 back & losing another couple during the match.

But I'm trying to think how fresh our veterans will be at the pointy end of the season if we can just keep getting those wins in the meantime. We've done amazingly well considering the outs we've had & the inexperienced players who have had to step up.

I thought it was amazing we did so well last year when we went a large chunk without a proper ruckman, losing Howe for a long time & then Nick at the end of the season.

Hoping we make a big statement this Friday. Shoota back, Joey into the 22, hoping for our 3 talls Darcy, Bill & Dean to shove it up the critics.
Yeah I thought we were done early last season when we had no talls. That worked out alright in the end!

That's fair enough, VP, and it's definitely frustrating - even dismaying - when Wadey has to discuss 14 players (plus, the big loss of Murph would actually mean 15).

I take your point about players being back, not necessarily being in best form, but...
glass half-full version (for the top-end players):
Schultz: back;
Maynard: available;
Josh D: test, so maybe?;
Noble: back next week;
Elliott: back week after next;
McStay: coming soon...;
Cox: 2 - 3;
McCreery: 4 weeks;
Mitchell: 4 weeks.

So, we could have 6 or 7 back now or within a fortnight or so.

Beau's injury was a blow, but we still have Shultz, Richards, Hill & HH there.
Fair point too. I’m normally glass half full, but I’m looking at the ongoing injuries and I’m looking at the high number of debutants we’ve had this year because of the injuries - plus Ned Long this week! - and the pattern doesn’t scream premiership to me. They would be some mean kind of obstacles for us to overcome.

Fair point too. I’m normally glass half full, but I’m looking at the ongoing injuries and I’m looking at the high number of debutants we’ve had this year because of the injuries - plus Ned Long this week! - and the pattern doesn’t scream premiership to me. They would be some mean kind of obstacles for us to overcome.
Just think how fresh our veterans will be VP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back